Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #31
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbag View Post
Great trip report! Can't wait to read more!
Thank you! I'm working on updating now!
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #32
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Wrapping up our boarding day

After the Sail Away Party we went back to our room to freshen up a bit before dinner. Our dining rotation was ERAERAE, so our first dinner was at the Enchanted Garden. We were quickly seated at table #45 and I was surprised that we had a table for 4. I was kind of happy because then nobody had to deal with us when we got squirrely!

Thankfully DD10 told her dad that he needed to behave at the table!

I didn't take many pictures of our food during the week, but I did take some notes on what we had to eat. The girls were told that they were free to eat off of the kids menu and the adult menu. This was music to DD10's ears because she could have the best of both worlds. She ended up having the prime rib from the adult menu. She was pretty tickled when our server Wek cut it up for her and fed her the first bite. For me the highlight of my meal was the Ahi Tower appetizer. I had to laugh at DH because his Esterhazy Cake was so pretty that "we have to take a picture."

I also enjoyed finding a Mickey in my apple cinnamon sundae that I had for dessert.

I think DD7's face expresses how we all felt about our first night dining on the Disney Fantasy!

After dinner we went to the Mirror, Mirror game show. It was a fun game/show featuring the Magic Mirror and Dopey. The first round consisted of groups based on where you were sitting. The group decided as a whole the answers to questions. DD10 was excited because she got to hold the answer stick for our group.

DD7 and I also got to participate during another segment of the game. DD7 had to dress as a dwarf, while I chased around for jewels. Stu took video of this segment, but I don't think I will post it. Nobody needs to see me running around! I was glad we went and we all had a good time.

After the game we headed to the evenings show-Fantasy Come True. We all enjoyed ourselves, but we were all definitely wearing out. After the show we decided to call it a night since our lack of sleep the last couple of days was starting to catch up with us. On our way back to the room we ran into Tiana! What a great way to wrap up such an exciting day!

Up next: Our first sea day

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 04-28-2014 at 05:38 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #33
chicagolaw
Earning My Ears

Joining in. Great report. We were on the Fantasy in January for the Western and loved every minute that we booked for next year for the Eastern. I know how you feel, this waiting is killing me. I can't wait.
chicagolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #34
silverangel879
Who you callin' a princess? It's PIRATE PRINCESS to you!

Subscribing....great report! Can't wait to hear more about it!
Old 03-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #35
RhondaInMA
Mouseketeer

Subscribing... great report!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #36
sdjen
DIS Veteran

Hi Heidi - loving your report. It is bringing back so many memories
Old 03-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #37
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagolaw View Post
Joining in. Great report. We were on the Fantasy in January for the Western and loved every minute that we booked for next year for the Eastern. I know how you feel, this waiting is killing me. I can't wait.
Thanks for joining in! You are so lucky to be going again next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverangel879 View Post
Subscribing....great report! Can't wait to hear more about it!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaInMA View Post
Subscribing... great report!
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjen View Post
Hi Heidi - loving your report. It is bringing back so many memories
Hi! It's nice to "see" you! Can you believe that it was already a month ago that we were on the Fantasy?
Old 03-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #38
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Our First Sea Day

We were really looking forward to sleeping in on our first sea day, but it just wasnít meant to be. DH and I were both wide awake by 6, so DH decided to head down to deck four for a run. For any walkers or runners out there two and a half laps equal a mile.

Once he returned we made our way up to Cabanas for some breakfast. DD10 was thrilled when she found the Krispy Kreme donuts! I was quite fond of the chocolate pastry they had myself!

We made our way back to our room and got dressed for a morning at the pool. I saw in the Navigator that there was a very special character that the girls would like to meet before heading to the pool. I told DH that DD10 and I would get in line and that he should bring DD7 to us a little while later so the character would be a surprise for her. On our way to Preludes meet area DD10 and I decided we better take some more pictures!

I just loved all of the details you could find anywhere you turned.

This was one of the few times we saw an empty desk at Guest Services. I think it was just too early for many people!

I think I took about 20 pictures of this mural over the course of the week! It was definitely one of my favorites.

DD10 decided was should have a little photo shoot since the atrium was so quiet.

We noticed that a couple of people had to started to line-up for the character meet, so we decided to join them. About 10 minutes later DH and DD7 arrived. I didnít tell the girls who we were in line to see, so they were pretty excited to see Anna from Frozen come out!

We were talking with the family in front of us and they were at WDW the week before the cruise. They said the wait to see Anna at Epcot was FOUR HOURS! They were pretty happy with the fifteen minutes that we waited for her to arrive on the Fantasy!

I would say we were out at the pool by 9:30 and I felt like it was already pretty busy. We were able to find a couple of chairs under the movie screen. It wasnít ideal because they were in the shade and the sound from the movie playing was loud, but I was just happy to have a seat.

There were lifeguards at the pools and they were definitely kept busy. Just in the time we were at the pool I saw this particular lifeguard help 3 kids out of the water that were having a hard time.

DD10 had a blast chilling out in the pool while watching the movie that was playing. I sure wish I could relax like that!

After we were out there for about two hours we headed back to the room to shower. After grabbing a quick lunch at Cabanas the kids decided that they wanted to head to the kidsí club. On our way to the club we came across our favorite mouse. We really had a great time meeting with characters with such a small wait.

Up next: Mixology!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 04-28-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #39
Cheerio
Welcomed Guest
Has adorable photos in her signature...

Awesome report, I miss it so much
Disney Fantasy February 2014 - Trip Report (in progress)

Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #40
DisneyElite4
Mouseketeer

I am really enjoying your report! I remember reading your reports a couple of years ago - your girls have grown so much!

August 2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ October 2006: Beach Club ~ November 2006: Walt Disney World Swan Hotel ~ February 2007: Boardwalk Resort ~ March 2007: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ August 2007: Old Key West Resort ~ September 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ February 2008: All Star Movies ~ March 2008: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ July 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ November 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ April 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ June 2009: Disney Wedding/Grand Floridian Resort ~ March 2010: Pop Century Resort ~ August 2010: Royal Pacific Resort ~ October 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village ~ June 2011: Grand Californian Resort ~ October 2011: Old Key West Resort ~ December 2013: Wilderness Lodge Villas
DisneyElite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #41
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 03-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #42
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Awesome report, I miss it so much
Thanks for stopping in! I miss it too, especially since it has still been so cold back home. This was our first vacation during the winter and I can definitely see why people love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyElite4 View Post
I am really enjoying your report! I remember reading your reports a couple of years ago - your girls have grown so much!
Thank you! I am so excited to have someone that has seen our past trip reports. It really is amazing to look back at how much the girls have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!
Thanks for following!
Old 03-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #43
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Mixology!

We dropped the kids off at the Lab and made our way to Meridian on deck 12 for our private mixology class! A fellow cruiser was nice enough to organize everything for us to be able to have a private class with members from our Facebook group. We ended up having a great group of 30 people! When DH and I arrived there were still a couple of spots open at the bar, so we had a seat.

Our bartender for the class was Marko.

The first drink he had us try was a mojito. It was fun to see the proper way to make this drink. DH took his muddling job very seriously!

The next drink was a Godfather, which is Jack Daniels, Disaronno, and a splash of Coke. This was too strong for my taste, but DH seemed to like it.

The next drink was a nutty flavored martini and I just can't remember the name. I do remember that I enjoyed this one much better than the Godfather!

We also had a Yellow Bird, which happened to be one of the drinks of the day while we were onboard. This was a banana flavored cocktail and while banana isn't my favorite flavoring the drink wasn't too bad!

Our last drink was a shot of some kind and I don't recall what it was. I think everything was starting to get a little hazy! The class was $15 and I feel like that was a real bargain. Five good sized drinks in an hour and good company made for a really enjoyable afternoon!

Up next: Formal Night

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 04-28-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #44
People Mover
Mouseketeer

Fantastic trip report so far, I teared up a bit when you said you had got emotional due to finally being on-board. I just imagine being in your shoes in 230+ days and its so exciting!!! Thanks for posting!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #45
DisneyElite4
Mouseketeer

Wow, the mixology class sounds so neat and fun!

August 2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ October 2006: Beach Club ~ November 2006: Walt Disney World Swan Hotel ~ February 2007: Boardwalk Resort ~ March 2007: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ August 2007: Old Key West Resort ~ September 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ February 2008: All Star Movies ~ March 2008: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ July 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ November 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ April 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ June 2009: Disney Wedding/Grand Floridian Resort ~ March 2010: Pop Century Resort ~ August 2010: Royal Pacific Resort ~ October 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village ~ June 2011: Grand Californian Resort ~ October 2011: Old Key West Resort ~ December 2013: Wilderness Lodge Villas
DisneyElite4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: