Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #16
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Lunch and Exploring

My first stop once we got on-board was to Guest Services where I booked a whiskey tasting and cognac tasting for DH, the Castaway Cay 5K for both DH and I, and for a galley tour. I know in the Navigator it said to book beverage tastings at La Piazza, but we were able to take care of everything right at Guest Services. The whole process was pretty quick and painless.

Of course we didn't get much farther before we needed to take some pictures!

At this point it was noon, so we decided to head up to Cabanas for some lunch. I have to say that I was still pretty overwhelmed by everything and Cabanas did little to help this feeling. It was absolutely crazy! Thankfully we were able to snag a table inside, because it was pretty chilly outside. I think if we ever do another cruise we would seek out the other options for lunch just to have a more relaxing experience.

After lunch we wandered around taking everything in. As we were walking along we happened to bump into Daisy. It was so fun to come across random characters.

After we finished meeting Daisy we walked out on deck and there was Donald! The kids were definitely eating this up (and maybe mom was too)!

Up next: Oceaneer Club and Lab

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 04-28-2014 at 06:27 PM.
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:04 PM   #17
maggonz9
Earning My Ears

Love the magnets you made!! Shame that the magnet part fell off but anyone who crafts completely understands that kind of thing can happen! I'm sure once they got home your fellow cruisers just re-glued the magnet back on. So creative and adorable!!!
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #18
epfootballcutie04
DiSnEy PrInCeSs

Following along :-) Looks like you guys are from Minnesota :-) Im originally from there and just moved to Indiana about 4 years ago! Go Twins
Contemporary *1st time to Disney!*- 92...Poly/Wonder Cruise- 01...Sailing on the Magic- 05...Going Home! SSR/OKW- 06...SSR- 07...Pop!- 09...**Disney College Program Spring Advantage!**- 09...All Star Music- 09...SSR/MNSSHP- 10...All Star Movies *Wedding Planning!*- 11...**Married my Prince Charming at WDW!**- Nov 11..Disney Dream- Oct 12...Disney Fantasy MutinEARS- Nov 13...Rockin the Dock Fantasy Sailing- Oct 14

Disney Fantasy Trip Report: November 2nd-9th 2013:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222476
epfootballcutie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #19
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggonz9 View Post
Love the magnets you made!! Shame that the magnet part fell off but anyone who crafts completely understands that kind of thing can happen! I'm sure once they got home your fellow cruisers just re-glued the magnet back on. So creative and adorable!!!
Thank you for the kind comments! It was disheartening that they didn't work quite as we hoped, but hopefully those that received them know we meant the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epfootballcutie04 View Post
Following along :-) Looks like you guys are from Minnesota :-) Im originally from there and just moved to Indiana about 4 years ago! Go Twins
Thanks for joining in! I grew up in Minnesota and we have remained loyal to Minnesota sports teams. We enjoy going to Twins games, especially at their beautiful outdoor ballpark they have now. As for the Vikings, they continue to break my heart every year!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #20
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Oceaneer Lab and Club

We decided to check the kids into the club and have our chance to see the lab and club as well since they were having an open house all afternoon. The desk at the club was pretty busy, so we continued down the hall to the lab where there was no wait. I was glad that we waited to get the kids their bracelets onboard because we were ready in minutes.

After getting the kids their bands we headed in to check things out. DH was very intrigued by the magic floor.

They all thought the wheelhouse looked interesting.

The craft studio had all kinds of supplies to create with.

I really wish that I had sat down and tried the simulator. DD10 said that it was pretty cool.

There were a lot of comfy looking bean bag chairs in the media lounge to relax in.

While crossing through to the Club we peeked into the bathrooms. They were so cute! I laughed at myself several times throughout the week that I was taking pictures in bathrooms, but some of them were so amazing!

DD10 was already asking when she was going to be able to spend some more time here.

In the Oceaneer Club each space had a different theme. First we went to Andy's room from Toy Story.

Next up was the Monsters Inc. area.

We have always thought that DD7 looks a lot like Boo.

For the Tinkerbell fans there was also Pixie Hollow.

The kids could find some games to play in a submarine from Finding Nemo.

On the way out DD7 wanted to wash her hands again and I wasn't about to argue with that idea! The sinks they had for the kids were really cool. They just needed to put their hands in and the sink did the rest for you.

Up next: Boarding day continues!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 04-28-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #21
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! Great report so far!

Your girls are about the same age we my sister and I were on our first cruise many years ago. We had an amazing trip with so many fun family memories...and I'm sure you/yours will too!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #22
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Joining in!! Great report so far!

Your girls are about the same age we my sister and I were on our first cruise many years ago. We had an amazing trip with so many fun family memories...and I'm sure you/yours will too!
Thanks for joining in!

We had such a great time with memories that are sure to last forever!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #23
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Boarding day continues!

After we finished up wandering around the Oceaneer Lab and Oceaneer Club our room was ready. I think DH was glad that he could finally be free of our carry-ons. We were all pretty excited to check out the view from the verandah.

Going in I had been a little concerned how our view would be affected by having a life boat below us. The next few pictures show that I had no reason to be concerned at all. Unless we looked straight down we didn't even notice that it was there.

I also took the opportunity to hang up our FE. I mentioned in a previous post that I made an FE that allowed for me to not have to sew. I think it worked well for the space allowed.

At this point we decided that we would split up for a little while. DH and DD10 went one direction, while DD7 and I went the other way. DD7 wanted to check out the pools and Aquaduck, so we headed straight up to deck 11. There were a few brave souls in the water, but we thought it was downright chilly!

DD7 thought the Aqua Lab looked like it would be a fun place to hang out once we got some warmer weather.

We decided to head to the aft of the ship to check out the mini golf. Apparently great minds think alike, because there was DH and DD10! We snapped a quick pic of them before sneaking away.

It was getting close to 2:30, so we started making our way to the D Lounge for our cruise meet and greet. Along the way I found myself in another bathroom taking pictures!

As we passed through La Piazza DD7 couldn't resist this photo op.

We met up with DH and DD10 and headed to our cruise meet and greet at the D Lounge. One of our Facebook group members did an awesome job of organizing this meet and greet, the FE exchange, and a private Mixology class. It was neat to meet some of the group members and we all gathered for a group picture before we headed on our way.

Up next: Sail Away Party

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 04-28-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #24
jilliusc
Earning My Ears

Joining in! Your daughters are so cute. Loving all the pics. We also will be looking at a super long countdown (waiting for dates to be released for October 2015 bookings). Definitely need to check Pinterest for your amazing FE.
jilliusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #25
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliusc View Post
Joining in! Your daughters are so cute. Loving all the pics. We also will be looking at a super long countdown (waiting for dates to be released for October 2015 bookings). Definitely need to check Pinterest for your amazing FE.
Thanks for joining in! When we booked our cruise it seemed like it was forever away, but then when it came down to last month before the trip I felt like I had so much left to get ready! Joining the Facebook group definitely helped pass the time, as did joining the FE group. We had fun making our bead project for the gift exchange. It was fun because it was something that we could work on together.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #26
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Sail Away Party

After our meet and greet we explored for a little bit longer before heading to our muster station at the Buena Vista Theater. I was happy that we were able to sit back and relax while we listened to the instructions.

After muster we immediately headed up to deck 12 for the Sail Away Party. When we arrived there was plenty of room on deck 11 in front of the stage, but we liked being on deck 12 because the kids were able to easily see what was going on. It was chilly and rainy, but we didn’t care. We were on the Fantasy!

We were all having a blast dancing and being silly. I love how happy and relaxed DH looks in this next picture. He was definitely ready for a week away from his phone and computer.

They did an awesome job of pumping up the crowd and getting everyone even more excited for what was yet to come.

I think it was about this time that we realized that we were moving, so we moved our dance party to the side. We were having a blast dancing and waving at onlookers as we went by.

It was fun to see Fishlips from this perspective after eating there the night before.

There were several people gathered to see us off on this cloudy afternoon.

So long Cocoa Beach!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 04-28-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #27
Tink&Belle's Mom
Mouseketeer

You mentioned trying someplace other than Cabana's for lunch on the first day. What other restaurants are open for that lunch meal?

Loving your pictures and report!
Tink&Belle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #28
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Following along! Love it!
Doing Fantasy eastern next February!
Old 03-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #29
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink&Belle's Mom View Post
You mentioned trying someplace other than Cabana's for lunch on the first day. What other restaurants are open for that lunch meal?

Loving your pictures and report!
Thanks for joining in! Enchanted Garden is also open for lunch on embarkation day. My understanding is that on embarkation day they have a smaller buffet than Cabanas, but most of the same food is available. The main difference is that you get seated so you don't have to search for a table and servers bring you your beverages.

If it was a nicer day we possibly would have gone to the pools right away. If we had done that we could have also grabbed some lunch at Fillmore's Favorites, Luigi's Pizza, or Tow Mater's Grill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhawk View Post
Following along! Love it!
Doing Fantasy eastern next February!
Thanks! We loved the eastern itinerary and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:31 AM   #30
sbag
Mouseketeer

Great trip report! Can't wait to read more!
sbag is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: