Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #181
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for your loss.

My 2013 trip report! Makiní our way, itís an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #182
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

A few thoughts on your last few updates...

We loved lunch at Cookies...something about the beach works up such an appetite, and the food there really hit the spot!

DD loved seeing Olaf...but when we visited, the poor guy was missing the tip of his nose!

And your assessment of the food was spot on...nothing terrible, but nothing fabulous. We enjoyed the dining, but didn't walk away wowed by anything in particular!

My 2013 trip report! Makiní our way, itís an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #183
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjen View Post
So sorry for your loss Heidi. Prayers to you and your family.
Thanks Jen. We really appreciate that.
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:03 PM   #184
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
A few thoughts on your last few updates...

We loved lunch at Cookies...something about the beach works up such an appetite, and the food there really hit the spot!

DD loved seeing Olaf...but when we visited, the poor guy was missing the tip of his nose!

And your assessment of the food was spot on...nothing terrible, but nothing fabulous. We enjoyed the dining, but didn't walk away wowed by anything in particular!
I totally agree with you about the lunch at Cookies. By the time we ate we were all starving!

Poor Olaf! I wonder what happened to his nose.

I have had other vacations where I have had something to eat that was so delicious that I would go back again just for the meal. I wouldn't go back on the Fantasy for any of the food, but there were many other things that would bring me back!
Old 07-05-2014, 06:00 AM   #185
JoeFromSeoul
Earning My Ears

Where to begin?

I started reading your TR because we are on the Fantasy Eastern for NYE14. Our itinerary includes St John, San Juan, and CC. I loved the entire report. Your photos are lovely - and the fire in the sunrise photos was perfect. Your TR has made me even more anxious for our own cruise - but it also gave me some great ideas. Thanks so much for this.
JoeFromSeoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #186
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromSeoul View Post
I started reading your TR because we are on the Fantasy Eastern for NYE14. Our itinerary includes St John, San Juan, and CC. I loved the entire report. Your photos are lovely - and the fire in the sunrise photos was perfect. Your TR has made me even more anxious for our own cruise - but it also gave me some great ideas. Thanks so much for this.
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am glad that you able to get some ideas from our adventures. I hope that you have on a wonderful time like we did on the Fantasy!
Old 07-06-2014, 03:13 AM   #187
wendlle
Mouseketeer

just a quick note to say thanks for the TR, you did almost all the things that I have planned for our eastern trip. Mixology, bernards and the dubloon snorkel excursion! So it was fun reading what you thought of it. Now i'm super excited and can't wait for september!!
2007 - WDW (Pop Century/Animal Kingdom)
2010 - WDW (Pop Century/Wilderness Lodge)
2012 - WDW (Pop Century - Honeymoon )
2013 - Disneyland
2014 (September) - WDW (Port Orleans FQ & 7nt Eastern Caribbean Cruise
wendlle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #188
BethsTinks
Earning My Ears

Awesome Trip!

Thank you for sharing your experience on the Fantasy. I just booked our first cruise ever and we will have the same itinerary, just end of March 2015! I so can't wait to experience the fun of it all! Your daughters are ADORABLE!!! So much fun! Can't wait to be that relaxed in the haze of all things Disney!
BethsTinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #189
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendlle View Post
just a quick note to say thanks for the TR, you did almost all the things that I have planned for our eastern trip. Mixology, bernards and the dubloon snorkel excursion! So it was fun reading what you thought of it. Now i'm super excited and can't wait for september!!
You are very welcome! It sounds like you have some great things planned and I am sure you will enjoy every moment.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #190
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethsTinks View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience on the Fantasy. I just booked our first cruise ever and we will have the same itinerary, just end of March 2015! I so can't wait to experience the fun of it all! Your daughters are ADORABLE!!! So much fun! Can't wait to be that relaxed in the haze of all things Disney!
That is so exciting that you have your first cruise booked! The time between now and then will drag on and fly by all at the same time. There is something very special about a cruise with a twist of Disney.

Thank you for the comment about the girls! I think they are pretty cute all of the time, but to see how happy they are in the pictures from our cruise I think makes them even cuter.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #191
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Hello fellow Minnesotan!

First I wanted to say I am sorry for your family's loss.

I just found your TR today and am all caught up! I generally don't read reports for hours but it was a busy weekend so I was home for most of the day! Your report is great, thank you for all the information!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

DisneyDreamerMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #192
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Hello fellow Minnesotan!

First I wanted to say I am sorry for your family's loss.

I just found your TR today and am all caught up! I generally don't read reports for hours but it was a busy weekend so I was home for most of the day! Your report is great, thank you for all the information!
Hi! You've gotta love "The Land of Ten Thousand Lakes!"

Thank you for the condolences.

I am glad that my report kept you interested. I really enjoyed reading reports with a lot of detail while I was planning, so I decided to include as much detail as I could in my report.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #193
dawne98
DIS Veteran

I too have loved your TR we been looking at the Fantasy and you truly make me want to go for it we are on the Wonder in Feb so we'll see.....also my DH to be (we are getting married in Dec) told me the other day he wants us to go parasailing so after seeing how much fun it looks I might have to do it now "thanks"
and I am truly sorry for the loss of your father in law.....
DL as a kid to many times to say
WDW when Epcot 1st open and 2000-2006 each year
WDW 2010,2011,2012
Sept 2011 one night at Vero Beach with a weekend at AKV with a night at MNSSHP
1st Disney cruise on the Dream in May 2012
WDW 1st weekend in Feb 2013
WDW DD's and mom time June 2013
Disney Vero Beach July 2014
dawne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #194
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawne98 View Post
I too have loved your TR we been looking at the Fantasy and you truly make me want to go for it we are on the Wonder in Feb so we'll see.....also my DH to be (we are getting married in Dec) told me the other day he wants us to go parasailing so after seeing how much fun it looks I might have to do it now "thanks"
and I am truly sorry for the loss of your father in law.....
I am so happy that you have enjoyed our trip report! I am sure that you would love the Fantasy, but an upcoming trip on the Wonder sounds wonderful.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

The parasailing was such a highlight for us. It was so intimidating to me leading up to it, but I am so glad that I decided to join in. Do it!

Thank you for your condolences.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #195
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

On our final morning I glanced outside to see that we were already at Port Canaveral. I don't know if it was our location being our stateroom was mid ship, but I never noticed vibrations or movement on the Fantasy. We decided to skip the main dining room for breakfast and just make our way to the buffet in Cabanas one last time. Once we finished up we made our way to Shutters to pick up our photo album, which was ready and waiting for us.

We decided to keep our bags with us and do the express walk-off. We were still considering going to Universal for the day, so we wanted to get back to Orlando as soon as possible. We made our way to the atrium just as they started to allow people to debark. We made our way to the customs officer and were on our way in just moments.

We made our way to the shuttles for our ride to the Avis office. Prior to getting off of the Fantasy we had filled out the evaluation. One of the questions that lead to discussion between DH and myself was if the cruise was a good value. We weighed the cost vs. experience and decided that it was. While we were waiting for the shuttle I suddenly felt very emotional and felt like I could cry. I turned and looked at my girls and I just crumbled. In turn they did as well. We came to the conclusion there on the curb that any trip that could reduce us all to tears when it was over was probably a good value!

When the shuttle arrived there was one other family waiting with us. Along the way we stopped at the Carnival stop and picked up two more people. After a short drive we arrived at Avis, where DH ran in and grabbed the keys to our waiting vehicle. With the express walk-off and being one of the first people at Avis we ended up getting on the road right at 8 a.m.

Along the way we decided to pass on Universal because we decided to just have a relaxing day. We ended up going to Downtown Disney for the day. I don't know if I would call it a relaxing day, but it allowed us just a little more time in the Disney bubble.

That evening we stayed at the Hyatt at the Orlando Airport. I booked the hotel through Last Minute Travel for $137. I felt like this was a great value for the convenience of being able to just walk to security in the morning for our flight home. Thankfully our flights home in the morning were on time and uneventful. I am so glad that we allowed ourselves that one last day in Florida to decompress before heading back to the real world.

Up next: Top Moments

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: