Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2014, 11:04 AM   #151
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Such wonderful pictures of the ship! Amazing that you really did seem to have it all to yourself for so long. Must have been lovely.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:18 PM   #152
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Such wonderful pictures of the ship! Amazing that you really did seem to have it all to yourself for so long. Must have been lovely.
Thank you! I don't think I spied anyone in any of the pictures until that last picture of the Mickey pool. It truly was amazing!
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #153
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Favorite time on the ships...early morning...never that early!
I really enjoyed all your photos
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #154
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

LoveMyTwoPrincesses,

Your trip report is amazing! I just finished reading through the whole thing! I love your details and your pics. I feel like I'm enjoying the vacation along with you We have never done a Disney Cruise but after our most recent trip to WDW at the beginning of May we are ready for a change. I'm hoping that we can somehow swing the $$ of a Disney Cruise sometime next year! I sure do feel overwhelmed, however. It seems like there is a LOT to know to be prepared for this type of adventure. Looking forward to more!

-Kelly
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #155
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbn1122 View Post
Favorite time on the ships...early morning...never that early!
I really enjoyed all your photos
Oh my goodness, it is the most wonderful time! I am so glad that I didn't decide to just toss and turn in bed.

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post
LoveMyTwoPrincesses,

Your trip report is amazing! I just finished reading through the whole thing! I love your details and your pics. I feel like I'm enjoying the vacation along with you We have never done a Disney Cruise but after our most recent trip to WDW at the beginning of May we are ready for a change. I'm hoping that we can somehow swing the $$ of a Disney Cruise sometime next year! I sure do feel overwhelmed, however. It seems like there is a LOT to know to be prepared for this type of adventure. Looking forward to more!

-Kelly
Thank you Kelly! My DH was also ready for a change. I felt like a Disney cruise allowed for something different, yet we were still able to experience the "Disney Magic." The planning was definitely overwhelming, yet it was also a big part of the fun!
Old 05-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #156
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Cabanas

I decided to take a walk through Cabanas before heading back to the room. I had really wanted to get some pictures without the crowds and here was my chance!

While I was taking these pictures of the drink station a gentleman approached me to tease me. He wondered if I needed to take the pictures so that people back home would believe what I told them!

This morning was the first that I realized how wonderful the murals were in Cabanas. It was always so busy when I was in there, so I had missed so many details. I was so happy to have a chance to admire them more closely.

There was a few people wandering around at this point, but Cabanas was still pretty quiet!

I stepped outside for one more look at the sunrise. It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day!

I made my way to the starboard side of Cabanas where a server saw me taking pictures. He asked if I would like him to take my picture, which I thought was very nice. We visited for a bit before I went on my way.

Continued in next post

Old 05-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #157
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Our arrival to paradise

My 3 hour tour seemed like it took me about 20 minutes! I was a happy lady and my day was just beginning. I arrived back at our room to rouse the rest of my crew for some breakfast.

Everyone was already up, so we made our way back to Cabanas for a quick bite. I didn't want to eat too much because I would be running the 5K on Castaway Cay. We made our way back to the room and stepped out on to the verandah. Our view to the aft was pretty cool.

Soon enough our view was even more amazing! One of the reasons I had wanted a room on the starboard side of the ship was because I had read you would have a great view of Castaway Cay. My research was not wrong! Castaway Cay-here we come!!

Up next: Castaway Cay 5K

Old 05-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #158
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Castaway Cay 5K

An activity that I was looking forward to was running the 5K on Castaway Cay. I aspire to run at a RunDisney event some day and I thought this would be a good event to tide me over until that happens!

We registered for the 5K at Guest Services when we boarded the Fantasy back on Saturday. We were told to meet in The Tube at 9. When we arrived they checked us in and gave us our race numbers. They also had the route for the 5K up so that we could see where we needed to go. The plan was to drop off the girls at Scuttle's Cove while both DH and I ran.

We started to watch the minutes tick by and started to wonder if we might need to skip the 5K. DH, DD10, and I had an excursion scheduled at 11. If we were going to drop DD10 off, run, and then make our way back to pick her up we weren't sure we would make our way back to Marge's Barges in time. As it got later and later DH made the decision to skip out on the 5K. He knew that it meant more to me and graciously took one for the team. DH and DD10 brought DD7 to Scuttle's Cove and then made their way to the start line to see me off. They were also nice enough to grab a shirt for me at the shop. The plan was for me to meet with them at Marge's Barges for our excursion as soon as I finished.

I am glad that I was able to do the run, but I don't think that I would do it again. By my standards it was hot! The course for the most was out in the open, so I can only imagine how hot it gets in the summer months. A nice perk was that they had a water station set up that you passed by four times during the run.

By the time we ended up starting it was about 10. This wouldn't have been a problem if we didn't have the excursion planned, but the timing got a bit tight. The run wasn't officially timed, but they did have a timer out so you had a general idea of how long you took. I finished in 30 minutes and quickly grabbed my Mickey medal. I noticed that there was a tram stop, so I decided that it might get me back a little faster. A tram quickly arrived and who should happen to be on it-DH and DD10! I was so grateful that DH skipped out on the run. If we would have needed to pick-up DD10 at Scuttle's Cove we would have been late for the excursion. Since we made it with a couple of minutes to spare, DH got a picture of me with my medal and the best backdrop ever.

Once we returned home I snapped a couple of pictures of my swag from the Castaway 5K.

My medal-

Race number-

and my t-shirt that DH got for me-

Up next: Parasailing at Castaway Cay!!!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 05-31-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #159
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Parasailing Part 1

I had mentioned in previous posts that the girls were each allowed one special activity to do while on the cruise. DD10 had chosen hair braiding, while DD7 chose the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Of course we couldn't leave the biggest kid of all out of this deal! DH chose to go parasailing! This was something that he has always wanted to do. Quite frankly the whole idea kind of freaked me out, but I decided that we should all go. Unfortunately DD7 missed the age cut off-you have to be at least 8 to parasail at Castaway Cay. She was a little disappointed, but she handled it pretty well. In the end she enjoyed her time at Scuttle's Cove so much that she didn't mind missing out on parasailing at all.

We arrived a couple of minutes early at Marge's Barges to check in for our 11:00 excursion. I have to say that something I really appreciated on this trip is that they really adhere to times. If something was set to start at 11:00, they meant 11:00.

Soon we were gathered and made our way to the boat that would take us out. DH would recommend that you be sure that you don't drag your feet on the dock. He ended up getting a huge sliver in his toe, but thankfully he was able to get it out quickly with the assistance of one of the tour guides.

DD10 was more than a little excited to be on our way.

It was always interesting to see the ongoing maintenance of the Fantasy whenever we were at a port. I loved the pride that was taken in keeping the ship beautiful.

Very quickly they started to get us set up. A couple that was on board asked if it would be alright for them to go first. She was a bit nervous and wanted to go so she wouldn't have to worry any longer. They made their way up and from what we could see it looked like she was no longer worried. When they returned she reported that she had a great time. This definitely helped to ease my nerves!

Next up was DH and DD10. To say that they were excited is an understatement!

The two guys that were working definitely had the whole process down to a science. One of them was in charge of rigging everyone up, while the other took charge of the driving.

First DH was strapped in. I thought it was so fun to see him so excited.

Next up was DD10.

Making sure everything is connected and ready to go.

Some last minute instructions before they are sent on their way.

Continued in the next post.

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 07-13-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #160
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Parasailing Part 2-From the sky

Prior to the trip we bought a small waterproof camera for moments like this. There was a wrist strap that was attached and worked well for the trip up to the top of the world. DH took a few shots as they made their way.

In the first picture you can see me on the left taking pictures of them, while they take a picture of me!

And they made their way higher,

and higher,

and higher,

and higher still.

I wish that you could see DD10 from the front in this shot. DH said she was smiling from ear to ear.

When they were brought around they had a great view of the Fantasy.

It was cool to see the size perspective of the Fantasy versus Castaway Cay.

In the last couple of pictures you can see the clarity of the water below. It was like you were looking through glass.

Continued in the next post.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #161
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Parasailing Part 3-From the sea

While two of my favorite people in the world were flying above me by a rope, I tried to take my mind off of that thought by doing what? By taking pictures, of course!

Oh what a beautiful morning we were having.

How cool is this?

I kind of had to laugh at myself. In my head I was saying that they needed to hang on, because you know that would make a difference if they were to run into trouble!

All too soon, in their opinion, they made their way back in.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #162
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Parasailing Part 4-My turn

They reeled DH and DD10 back in and it looked like they had enjoyed themselves immensely. DD10's excitement continued when she found out that they were going to send her back up with me! That lucky duck got to go two times!

I let go of myself and of the ropes and just let the moment take over.

You can see in the background that there was another group flying in a cloudless sky with us.

This is one of my favorite pictures. I truly felt like I was flying.

They really sent us quite a ways out there.

Another favorite!

DH must have been inspired by this site as we went by.

He was always making sure the riders were O.K. during their flight.

All too soon, now in my opinion, it was time to make our way in.

I wasn't sure what to expect when were reeled back in. I thought it might be bumpy or that we would get soaking wet, but neither one of these things happened. It was "smooth sailing."

Parasailing ended being one of the best experiences I have ever had! I had so many preconceived ideas, but none of them were correct. I thought it would be so windy and that we would have to shout at each other to communicate. When we were up there it was was so peaceful and calm, like nothing I have ever experienced before. It was such a smooth ride and you could see forever. If you have even half of a thought to try parasailing at Castaway Cay-DO IT!!!

Old 06-06-2014, 09:30 PM   #163
cstorm65
DDC #699

Awesome update! You just made DW and I think about booking a parasailing excursion while we're on Castaway Cay in a few weeks. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to read more!
cstorm65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #164
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstorm65 View Post
Awesome update! You just made DW and I think about booking a parasailing excursion while we're on Castaway Cay in a few weeks. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to read more!
Thank you!

If you are considering parasailing I would say just go for it! It was something that has been on DH's bucket list for a very long time. I am so glad that DD10 and I decided to join him as it was definitely a highlight for all of us.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #165
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyTwoPrincesses View Post
Thank you!

If you are considering parasailing I would say just go for it! It was something that has been on DH's bucket list for a very long time. I am so glad that DD10 and I decided to join him as it was definitely a highlight for all of us.
Amazing update and photos! The parasailing looks awesome! Can I ask how you booked this excursion? Was it something you pre-booked or once you got on the ship? We have only cruised once and it was before kids so I'm trying to absorb as much DCL info as possible! Also, was there any kind of weight minimum? I read that the age minimum for parasailing was 8, but my almost 8 year old is tiny, just wondering about the weight...Thanks for your great trip report!

-Kelly
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: