Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #136
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Aww, what a lovely experience for your DD
She looks really happy
Great that you had such a good CM
She had such a great time getting made up. Bonita really made the experience even that much better.
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #137
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

What a great BBB experience! Your daughter looks adorable!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #138
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

I'm joining in. I'm leaving for my Fantasy Cruise on Friday! I'm so excited, can't wait to hear about more!
dramaqueenemj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #139
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
What a great BBB experience! Your daughter looks adorable!
Thanks! I thought she looked pretty cute too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueenemj22 View Post
I'm joining in. I'm leaving for my Fantasy Cruise on Friday! I'm so excited, can't wait to hear about more!
Thanks for joining in! I am so jealous that you are leaving on Friday!
Old 05-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #140
jilliusc
Earning My Ears

Love the BBB visit! Having a great time following along
jilliusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #141
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliusc View Post
Love the BBB visit! Having a great time following along
Thank you for continuing to follow along. I am glad that you are enjoying it!
Old 05-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #142
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Galley Tour

Once DD7 finished her transformation into a princess she decided that she was hungry. I took her up to Cabanas to eat and I thought I was going to be sick. I was so stuffed from Palo that the smell of food was making me ill!

After lunch DD7 made her way back to the club so DH and I could go on a galley tour. I had gotten tickets at Guest Services when we boarded and were given the option of two different times, but both tours were on this last sea day. If I remember correctly we all met outside of Royal Court where a cast member gathered tickets. After a short wait we made our way into the galley that was also shared with Animator's Palate. If the goings on in the galley is something that interests you I would recommend standing closely to the chef, as it was very difficult to hear what he was saying.

During the tour we were shown how the ordering process works during dining hours.

There was not any cooking or processing of food going on while we were on the tour. I could hear some people around us that were disappointed that the kitchen was not functional during the tour. Just a heads up in case you are expecting to see food prep or cooking. Everything was definitely neat and orderly.

We were also shown the area for food prep for those with allergies. You were able to see how important this is and that they take it very seriously.

All of the equipment was huge including the fryers, mixers, ovens, and grills!

It was kind of humorous because the chef was talking about how clean everything was kept. As we walked along we came across a grill that was dirty and one of the members of the tour kind of called him out on it. The chef said that the cook must have left for lunch and would be right back to clean it.

I would say at the most the tour was 15 minutes long. I found it to be interesting to see a little something "behind the scenes." On the way out we were given chocolate chip cookies before we went on to the next adventure.

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 05-16-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:03 PM   #143
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Sea Day Fun Continues!

When we finished our tour of the galley we made our way to the club to pick up the girls. The plan was to head to the Walt Disney Theatre for the 3:00 showing of Believe. We really enjoyed the option to see the shows in the afternoon so we were able to enjoy more of the ships activities and amenities without so many crowds. We also found we were so drowsy after our evening meals that we might have slept through the shows if we went in the evening!

After Believe we did a little bit of shopping since our cruise was coming to an end so soon. Our sailing was the same week as Valentine's Day and DD7 had her eye on this Minnie doll all week. She was so happy to finally have her!

Tonight was semi-formal night in the dining rooms, so after dressing in our semi-formal best we made our way towards Animator's Palate. Along the way DD7 found these cuties dressed in their best.

Tonight was the animation show in Animator's Palate. Everybody enjoyed creating characters that would later be brought to life.

Tonight for dinner there were no choices for an appetizer and everyone received the "appetizer sampler platter". The item on the left is smoked duck breast, the middle is sliced mozzarella with cherry tomatoes, and on the right is marinated lobster and shrimp. Prior to this trip I think I had tried duck one time in my life!

For dinner both DH and I had the lobster that was served with a bean casserole and rice.

My favorite part of the meal was dessert. I chose the warm chocolate lava cake and enjoyed it very much. Both of the kids chose the decorate your own cupcake. The decorations included whipped cream, strawberry sauce, and white chocolate curls. It was a hit!

After dinner there was a pin trading event with the ship's officers. I can't believe that in all my planning before the cruise that I didn't know that there was a pin trading event on board! In our FE DH had received some pins as a gift and he gave two each to the girls to trade. The girls love to trade pins and made their way around a couple of times to each of the officers. They ended up with some fun pins.

We were starting to wear out from our busy sea day. I can't believe all of the things that we did during our last sea day. We decided to call it an early night, but of course we couldn't go to bed without our nightly Mickey bar!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 05-16-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #144
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

My three hour tour!

On Friday morning I was up REALLY bright and early. I rolled over expecting it to be at least 6:30 to find out that it was only 5:00. We are early risers at home, but I would have thought that I would be able to sleep in a little bit by the end of our busy cruise! Since I was wide awake I decided to grab the camera and take myself on a three hour tour! My first stop was Shutters to check out our pictures in the peace and quiet. While I was there I started to create an album with our pictures. I scanned my key card to start creating the album. When I brought DH back later in the day we scanned his card and the album wasn't there. I had a bit of a heart attack because I had spent almost an hour going through photos and designing the pages. DH suggested scanning my card and there it was! Just a heads up to save you some stress.

Once I finished up in Shutters I went next door to a quiet D Lounge.

I made my way back towards midship. It was so early that there wasn't anyone getting coffee yet.

The future cruise sales desk was definitely bustling later in the day.

I felt like I had the Fantasy all to myself!

I continued on Deck 4 and made my way forward. My next stop was an empty Buena Vista Theatre.

Outside of the Theatre is the Muppets Call Board. If you are playing the Muppets version of Midship Detective Agency I would suggest taking a picture of this to reference while playing to save yourself some walking!

I continued forward to the Walt Disney Theatre. There was a rope in front of the doors, so unfortunately I didn't get any pictures inside of the Theatre.

Continued in the next post!

Old 05-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #145
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

My three hour tour! Part 2

From the Walt Disney Theatre I made my way down to Deck 3 to the shopping district. At Mickey's Mainsail you can find clothes, pins, postcards, plush toys, picture albums and frames, Christmas ornament and many other souvenirs.

Across the way is Sea Treasures. Here the items were a little more upscale.

At Whitecaps you will find luxury items like jewelry, perfume, swimwear and accessories, and liquor.

I made my way back to Deck three midship. Here you can find the Bon Voyage Bar. Unfortunately we never ended up having a cocktail here.

Of course I couldn't pass my favorite mural without a picture.

The midship elevators without a wait! I needed to take a picture to prove it!

I continued on Deck 3 to the aft of the ship and grabbed a couple of pictures outside of Animator's Palate.

Continued in the next post!

Old 05-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #146
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

My three hour tour! Part 3

After touring around inside it was starting to get light enough to get some pictures outside. I made my way up to Deck 11 to see if it was any livelier up there. I was excited to find that it was still to early for most cruisers!

The Quiet Cove Pool living up to its name.

The Aqua Duck is still asleep.

Such a beautiful sight.

This is probably the most time I spent in the adult areas of the ship!

Hopefully anyone that was in this area was wide awake!

It was so windy in the forward area of the ship, so I decided to make my way back to midship. At this point I was just so at peace. I really felt like I had the ship all to myself.

I continued aft and ended up being in the right place at the right time!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 12-18-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #147
lauralynn0612
Mouseketeer

I am going to have to plan at least one of these early mornings to tour the ship! How neat.
lauralynn0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #148
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynn0612 View Post
I am going to have to plan at least one of these early mornings to tour the ship! How neat.
You must! I went for almost two hours before I encountered others out and about. It was amazing to feel like I was all alone knowing how many people were actually aboard.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #149
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

You are my sunshine

I made my way up to Deck 13 aft and came around the bend just in time to see that the sun was rising. In my time out and about it hadn't even crossed my mind to try to see the sunrise. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time! This was the first time I encountered other cruisers and I would say at the most that there were a dozen of us having our own private show.

Good morning neighbors!

Old 05-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #150
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

My three hour tour! Part 4

When I finished up I walked towards Goofy's Sports Deck and encountered the one and only clock I saw outside of our stateroom all week. It was so cute and as you can see it was still pretty early!

I wish we had played some ball while cruising, but unfortunately it was one of those things that just didn't happen.

This next picture shows the bottom of the Aqua Duck. You can see that it ends near the Aqua Lab on the port side of the ship.

I thought that it was nice that there was a convenient stop to rinse off after spending time in the pools.

A quiet Mickey pool.

They certainly did not miss a detail when designing the ship.

Our kiddos were too old to enjoy Nemo's Reef, but it sure was cute!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: