Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 09:11 AM   #31
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidia2 View Post
We're considering the one on the Vision. We can get a veranda stateroom for the same price as an inside stateroom on the Magic.

We wanted to go on DCL but they aren't doing much to promote loyalty these days IMO. We don't want to do our Med cruise in August either.
I hear you re: going to the Med in August. We'd like to avoid that, too, but if DCL were to offer an itinerary longer than 7 nights in August, we'd probably go for it at this point. Unfortunately, I'm afraid any August Med cruises will be 7 nights or less.

I was reading the new posts on the 2015 Sail Dates thread, and I'm feeling less and less hopeful about DCL offering Med cruises in June or July. Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014

Last edited by Lisa Lisa; 02-27-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #32
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post

This is my concern. I know that everyone says that European cruises are so port intensive that the ship doesn't matter much, but I'm not so sure. Since our DD is on the young side (she'll turn 12 next summer), I think the Disney experience is part of what would make a Med cruise great for her. The prices for Vision are not cheap by any means, but not terribly bad for 12-night cruises.
This is us. I was planning DCL or Royal 2015, but when I mentioned it to my son, he said he only wanted DCL. He enjoys the places we visit, but the friendships made on DCL are just as important. He thinks DCL is the best in that department. With a big cruise like the Med or Baltics, the whole experience matters to us.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #33
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
This is us. I was planning DCL or Royal 2015, but when I mentioned it to my son, he said he only wanted DCL. He enjoys the places we visit, but the friendships made on DCL are just as important. He thinks DCL is the best in that department. With a big cruise like the Med or Baltics, the whole experience matters to us.
Yep, add us to that category as well! Not only does the ship matter, but the crew, the familiarity, etc. all make a huge difference for us especially when you are talking lots of $$!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #34
JulieMc 3
Earning My Ears

Lisa - will be on the same Fantasy cruise as you in April. This will be our 5th cruise and we are so excited. Was hoping to book next cruise for Med for summer 2015. Already did the 7 night Barcelona cruise, was hoping to do a Greek cruise but the Baltic looks interesting too. Hopefully it will be announced before April.
Julie
JulieMc 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #35
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMc 3 View Post
Lisa - will be on the same Fantasy cruise as you in April. This will be our 5th cruise and we are so excited. Was hoping to book next cruise for Med for summer 2015. Already did the 7 night Barcelona cruise, was hoping to do a Greek cruise but the Baltic looks interesting too. Hopefully it will be announced before April.
Julie
Hi Julie. I CAN"T WAIT until our April cruise. It feels like it's been winter forever where we live, and having the cruise to look forward to is helping to get us through!

I sure hope DCL releases their summer 2015 itineraries by then. I'm going nuts waiting!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #36
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
We did a 12 day Baltic on RCCL on the Adventure last summer with our kids who were 12 and 10, and had a fantastic time, both on and off the ship. All of the crew were great, and while we didn't use the club much for DS, DD managed to find a couple of kids her age from our dinner seating and hung out with them the whole time.

Now, that said, the average age on the cruise was 66, and there were only 300 some kids, so it wasn't a kid-centric cruise by any means at all, but they had fun, and the ports were amazing, seeing Akershus made it kind of cool to watch Frozen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: