Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

MNSSHP starting August 29th?

Josh over at easywdw had previously posted that MK was going to close at 7pm on aug 29th. He posted today saying that it would likely be the start of MNSSHP as well as a party on sept 1st to "capitalize on the Labor Day weekend". Does this seem pretty likely? I don't know that we'd ever be able to go when the party other wise is, so while it would be terribly early, I'd welcome the opportunity!
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:53 AM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Josh over at easywdw had previously posted that MK was going to close at 7pm on aug 29th. He posted today saying that it would likely be the start of MNSSHP as well as a party on sept 1st to "capitalize on the Labor Day weekend". Does this seem pretty likely? I don't know that we'd ever be able to go when the party other wise is, so while it would be terribly early, I'd welcome the opportunity!
That seems to be the most likely reason for the 7pm closures. It is highly unlikely that they would close for a different type of private party on such a busy weekend.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Fingers crossed!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #4
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Doubt it. MNSSHP typically doesn't begin until around Sept 10. It's most-likely for something else.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #5
rastika
Mouseketeer

Could it be for Night of Joy? or have those dates already been published?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastika View Post
Could it be for Night of Joy? or have those dates already been published?
Night of Joy is on Sept. 5 and 6.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
katt789
DIS Veteran

MK is due to close early anytime they have to run overnight rehearsals for parades/shows. They have to close early to get everyone out, get everything cleaned, and then the performers can start to rehearse through the night. The timing seems right that they'd be doing them for the halloween festivities around that week maybe?

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #8
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
MK is due to close early anytime they have to run overnight rehearsals for parades/shows. They have to close early to get everyone out, get everything cleaned, and then the performers can start to rehearse through the night. The timing seems right that they'd be doing them for the halloween festivities around that week maybe?
Wow really? I have never heard of that happening and that seems like a terrible reason to close the park! I really hope that's not it!
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #9
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow really? I have never heard of that happening and that seems like a terrible reason to close the park! I really hope that's not it!
I've never heard of it either, and there is zero chance they would do that on a holiday weekend, especially twice.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #10
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Halloween parties beginning in August? Not likely! Seems a bit early doesn't it?

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #11
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
I've never heard of it either, and there is zero chance they would do that on a holiday weekend, especially twice.

Its a definite thing that happens. Friends were doing overnight rehearsals for JTA last week in preparations for bigger crowds over spring break. & SWW.

They close the park early, say 7, so everyone is hopefully cleared out of the park by say 9, and then they'd still have to clean the streets/stages, & then run through Boo To You, the pre-parade "Creepa Crew" & the Villains Mix & Mingle. Each of these would have at least 2 casts, and maybe even some more fill ins for more specific roles (?)

I dont know if they would do all these on one overnight or not,. It would probably take 2 considering the amount of performers. Not to mention running everything multiple times.

They try to close the parks earlier to benefit the performers so they can get the rehearsals done as quicky as possible as most of them are working the previous or next day, sometimes these rehearsals legit go from sundown to sunrise.

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:53 PM   #12
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
Halloween parties beginning in August? Not likely! Seems a bit early doesn't it?
It's never too early for Halloween!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:25 AM   #13
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
It's never too early for Halloween!

And I would be ecstatic. I have a great deal over Labor Day weekend and was considering giving it up so we could push back a few weeks to get to MNSSHP. If I can keep my deal AND go to MNSSHP I will be ecstatic! Not holding my breath tho.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:49 AM   #14
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

I am anxiously following this rumor as well. We have never been to one of the parties, as our visits have never coincided with the right time period. We will be there from August 17th to 31st and would LOVE to do MNSSHP on our last Friday night of vacation!

A question for those "in the know"....do they release the party dates and the tickets at the same time, or will they release the dates in advance and THEN the tickets go on sale later? Just wondering how soon we might know if this is all just speculation or fact.....or if I have to wait until May when tickets go on sale .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #15
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
I am anxiously following this rumor as well. We have never been to one of the parties, as our visits have never coincided with the right time period. We will be there from August 17th to 31st and would LOVE to do MNSSHP on our last Friday night of vacation!

A question for those "in the know"....do they release the party dates and the tickets at the same time, or will they release the dates in advance and THEN the tickets go on sale later? Just wondering how soon we might know if this is all just speculation or fact.....or if I have to wait until May when tickets go on sale .
I am completely with you on this! Following what Josh is saying closely too. That Friday is my 40th bday so I was bummed when I saw the closing, now I can't wait!! Friday on Labor Day weekend is dead, dead so I don't find it hard to believe in order to boost attendance that it could be Halloween party. Why not? The MK is completely decorated for Halloween that last week of August anyway! We would never go for Halloween time, maybe Christmas so I feel this is a two for one deal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: