Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
Rosco1
Mouseketeer

21 Day Beach Body Challenge

Is anyone else doing the 21 Day Beach Body Challenge?

I started today. My goal is to drop 10-15 pounds to help make my running easier.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran

Not doing that one, but just started P90X again. I am also running (when I can - weather) or spending 60 minutes on my elliptical each day. My goal is also to get stronger and drop a few pounds before my real run training begins in April.
BuckeyeBama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
unacorny
Earning My Ears

My DH is on his last week of P90X and starting BodyBeast next.

I am starting Brazilian Butt Lift on Monday. I just finished doing a Richard Simmons prep to prepare me for the BBL...that Bum Bum video is rough!!

We have a Fitness and motivation workout group on facebook if either of you would like to join us. Not everyone is doing beachbody programs on there but its nice to have the support and motivation. We like to post healthy recipes too.
CBR Dec 2010
AKV Dec 2010
BCV Aug 2011
AKV Aug 2011
BWV Sep 2012
WLV Sep 2012
AKV Sep 2012
AKV Dec 2012
AKV June 2013
AKV Aug 2013
AKV Dec 2014

unacorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco1 View Post
Is anyone else doing the 21 Day Beach Body Challenge?

I started today. My goal is to drop 10-15 pounds to help make my running easier.
Is there a link to the challenge?
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #5
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

I'm doing Les Mills' Combat, and really enjoy it. I wasn't familiar with Beach Body products until I bought it, but I could totally see myself trying P90x or some of the other workouts. OP, good luck with the challenge!!
kirstenb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #6
unacorny
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb1 View Post
I'm doing Les Mills' Combat, and really enjoy it. I wasn't familiar with Beach Body products until I bought it, but I could totally see myself trying P90x or some of the other workouts. OP, good luck with the challenge!!
They have that as a Challenge pack this month and I don't know anyone who has done it. How far into are you? I am currently doing Brazilian Butt Lift and so far I love it!

My Hubby just finished P90X and loved it! He just started Body Beast.
CBR Dec 2010
AKV Dec 2010
BCV Aug 2011
AKV Aug 2011
BWV Sep 2012
WLV Sep 2012
AKV Sep 2012
AKV Dec 2012
AKV June 2013
AKV Aug 2013
AKV Dec 2014

Old 03-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #7
unacorny
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
Is there a link to the challenge?
The OP is referring to a new program that beachbody put out. It's called the 21 day fix and it is designed to help you lose up to 15 pounds in 21 days. It comes with a set of workouts that are all 30 minutes or less and also has a set of food containers designed to help you control your portions. They are currently on backorder because it has been so popular. I was going to try it but I am doing so well with my weight watchers I didn't want to switch programs just yet.
CBR Dec 2010
AKV Dec 2010
BCV Aug 2011
AKV Aug 2011
BWV Sep 2012
WLV Sep 2012
AKV Sep 2012
AKV Dec 2012
AKV June 2013
AKV Aug 2013
AKV Dec 2014

Old 03-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #8
JustineMarie
I am honored to be the first leader

I started the 21 day fix yesterday! So far I love the workouts. I like that they have alternatives for all the exercises so if you can't do one the way she does it, you can just do it the other way. The meal plan is super easy to follow as well. When i first opened the containers I thought they were really small but i started using them yesterday and have to say that they held more than enough food for me and I was never hungry. In fact I still had a carb left yesterday that I didnt use. I'm determined to follow this program and get healthy for my husband and kids. I looked through pictures through the years and found that I wasnt in many. Its bc Im not happy with my appearance. I want to change that!
10/84-offsite...3/98-Allstar Sports...9/01-POR...11/02-POR...12/03-POR...2/04-POR...10/04-SSR...11/04-OKW...1/05-SSR...11/05-OKW...1/06-BWV...4/06-SSR...8/06-BWV...1/07 BWV...5/07 BWV...8/07 OKW ...1/08 BCV...5/08 BWV...8/08 BWV...11/08 SSR...1/09 BWV...5/09 BMV... 8/09 DCL...9/09 CSR...10/09 OKW...4/10 DCL 8/10 WLV...11/10 WLV...1/11 DCL...11/11 WLV...11/11 BLT...1/12... BLT-4/12...BLT-1/13...BLT-8/13
JustineMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #9
unacorny
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustineMarie View Post
I started the 21 day fix yesterday! So far I love the workouts. I like that they have alternatives for all the exercises so if you can't do one the way she does it, you can just do it the other way. The meal plan is super easy to follow as well. When i first opened the containers I thought they were really small but i started using them yesterday and have to say that they held more than enough food for me and I was never hungry. In fact I still had a carb left yesterday that I didnt use. I'm determined to follow this program and get healthy for my husband and kids. I looked through pictures through the years and found that I wasnt in many. Its bc Im not happy with my appearance. I want to change that!
Good for you!!! That is a great attitude to have. Its so exciting starting a new program. Just don't forget to get healthy for you too! You will feel so much better.

I totally know what you mean about the pictures. We do to Disney alot and I can see my progressive weight gain over the years. Esp on the trips where we got the photo pass...its really bad. I am really looking forward to our next trip in Dec. I plan on getting the photo-pass again and then I can compare...I will probably look like a different person!! Then when we go next Spring I will be happy to wear a sleeveless shirt and not be embarrassed. I have been known to as the photo-pass people to make sure I don't look fat and change the angle! LOL

Keep us posted on your progress!
CBR Dec 2010
AKV Dec 2010
BCV Aug 2011
AKV Aug 2011
BWV Sep 2012
WLV Sep 2012
AKV Sep 2012
AKV Dec 2012
AKV June 2013
AKV Aug 2013
AKV Dec 2014

Old 03-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #10
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by unacorny View Post
They have that as a Challenge pack this month and I don't know anyone who has done it. How far into are you? I am currently doing Brazilian Butt Lift and so far I love it!

My Hubby just finished P90X and loved it! He just started Body Beast.
I didn't know it was a challenge pack---thanks for the heads up. I'm 3 weeks into this workout. But, I'm a 47 yr old Mom who needs to ditch 20 lbs. I totally stumbled onto Combat after taking Les Mills' Body Combat at the gym. At our gym, they've just recently started to do classes that combine upper and lower body cardio. Before it was classes like Step, Cycling that work primarily lower body, which I like okay, but don't love.

The whole body workout is a totally new thing for me, and it's bigtime addicting!! Because I'm 47 and 20 lbs overweight, I have not tried the HIIT disc, or the Shock Plyo, yet in the Combat pack. I'm a little scared of injury, since I have a bad knee. But I love the 45 minute and 60 minute discs that came in the pack. I do intend to do the other 2, I just need to work on strengthening more first. So I've just been alternating the 45 and 60 and taking 1 day off a week.

It sounds like you and your dh know your way around the Beachbody workouts pretty well. What is your favorite, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #11
unacorny
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I didn't know it was a challenge pack---thanks for the heads up. I'm 3 weeks into this workout. But, I'm a 47 yr old Mom who needs to ditch 20 lbs. I totally stumbled onto Combat after taking Les Mills' Body Combat at the gym. At our gym, they've just recently started to do classes that combine upper and lower body cardio. Before it was classes like Step, Cycling that work primarily lower body, which I like okay, but don't love.

The whole body workout is a totally new thing for me, and it's bigtime addicting!! Because I'm 47 and 20 lbs overweight, I have not tried the HIIT disc, or the Shock Plyo, yet in the Combat pack. I'm a little scared of injury, since I have a bad knee. But I love the 45 minute and 60 minute discs that came in the pack. I do intend to do the other 2, I just need to work on strengthening more first. So I've just been alternating the 45 and 60 and taking 1 day off a week.

It sounds like you and your dh know your way around the Beachbody workouts pretty well. What is your favorite, if you don't mind me asking?
My favorite so far for effectiveness is the Butt Lift, only because it does work the entire body and not just the "Boom Boom" as Leandro puts it!

Hip Hob Abs and Rockin body are a lot of fun. It makes me think I can actually dance!! LOL I would vote Rockin Body as my fun favorite.

I have Turbo Jam and I like that, but I have only done a few of the workouts and I haven't really tried the program.

I also think the the Butt Lift has the best ab workout off all of the programs that I have. Its is 17 minutes of no joke ab work that you feel for days. That is my biggest problem area too so that may be why I love it so much.

I love Beachbody because I get a whole body workout no matter which one I am doing. We have an elliptical and that bores me to tears...its like a slow torture for me. I used to belong to a gym years ago but I didn't like it because I wasn't in shape and was embarrassed to participate in the classes. I think that is rooted in my middle school and high school years when I was always the last to be picked in gym class! I find that people either love the Beachbody programs or the hate them. They are not for everyone. My friend at work hates DVDs and loves the gym.

I am a beachbody addict too!! Welcome to the club!!! We plan on taking them with us on our next Disney trip too...LOL..I gotta get my fix!!

I'm a mom too! I just turned 38 and I vowed to get in the best shape of my life before I turned 40. My dad passed away at 38 from heart disease so I quit smoking and got serious about my health, finally!!! I have lost 20 pounds so far and I want to lose another 40...I will have no problem getting there!

I don't mind questions at all..ask away!!!
CBR Dec 2010
AKV Dec 2010
BCV Aug 2011
AKV Aug 2011
BWV Sep 2012
WLV Sep 2012
AKV Sep 2012
AKV Dec 2012
AKV June 2013
AKV Aug 2013
AKV Dec 2014

Old 03-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #12
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

Unacorny, thanks so much for all the Beachbody suggestions!! I really love the gym because I see my friends there, and peer pressure always makes me work a little harder, lol!!

But Body Combat/Combat has made me love a whole body workout more, and like I said, I think our gym could do more with those type of classes. Also, with work and all the snow days, I'm really convinced the DVDs are an excellent investment. As much as I like the comraderie at the gym, I think Beach Body DVDs are going to be my main workout, and I'll hit the gym maybe twice a week.

You cracked me up when you said you're taking your DVDs to WDW. We're going to Cocoa Beach for Spring Break, and I was planning to take them too!!

Finally, I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. A neighbor of mine (who's totally transformed her appearance--she looks ten yrs younger), lost her father, who lived with them. She said it was a very powerful motivator to both her and her dh, since they helped take care of her Dad, through his illness.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #13
unacorny
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Unacorny, thanks so much for all the Beachbody suggestions!! I really love the gym because I see my friends there, and peer pressure always makes me work a little harder, lol!!

But Body Combat/Combat has made me love a whole body workout more, and like I said, I think our gym could do more with those type of classes. Also, with work and all the snow days, I'm really convinced the DVDs are an excellent investment. As much as I like the comraderie at the gym, I think Beach Body DVDs are going to be my main workout, and I'll hit the gym maybe twice a week.

You cracked me up when you said you're taking your DVDs to WDW. We're going to Cocoa Beach for Spring Break, and I was planning to take them too!!

Finally, I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. A neighbor of mine (who's totally transformed her appearance--she looks ten yrs younger), lost her father, who lived with them. She said it was a very powerful motivator to both her and her dh, since they helped take care of her Dad, through his illness.
Peer pressure has really helped me too. We have a group of us girls at work going to Weight Watchers meetings on our lunch breaks together and I am also in a fitness group on facebook that really keeps me motivated. We post our workouts and cheer each other on. It's nice to have a place to brag...like today...I did my first ever side plank!! I was soooo excited!!!
My DH is the coach of our team so he keeps it fun and challenging too! A lot of us are doing beachbody workouts. We have others who are doing the gym and other programs like Zumba too. Its a good mix of people. Let me know if you would like to join us. We love to have new members. We would just need to link you in through the beachbody accounts and through facebook and you will have a whole online support group too for your at home workouts.

You will have a blast at Cocoa Beach! That is a really nice place! Our Spring break trip is my new fridge in the kitchen...I had to replace it so there goes Spring break...but we have a cruise booked in Aug and we are buying annual passes in Dec for Disney and start a string of DVC trips!

Thanks, my father passed away when I was 10. At the time I thought 38 was so old (what kid doesn't think that). Now that I am there I couldn't imagine my life being over now...that is so young!! It really opened my eyes, we have to take care of our bodies if we want to be around! I think of all the things he missed out on..my wedding, my children..my DVC...I don't want that to be me. I can't wait for grandkids (my oldest is 19 so not yet, but in ~6-7 years).
CBR Dec 2010
AKV Dec 2010
BCV Aug 2011
AKV Aug 2011
BWV Sep 2012
WLV Sep 2012
AKV Sep 2012
AKV Dec 2012
AKV June 2013
AKV Aug 2013
AKV Dec 2014

Old 03-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #14
Rosco1
Mouseketeer

Today was my day 21 of the 21 Day Challenge.

I went from 167 to 151 and I can not even tell you how great it feels!

I am a 38 year old mom--and my late 30's snuck up on me fast--wasn't I just 20 last week?!?!?!

Anyway, I am not know for sticking to anything like a diet--but when I ended my video tonight, I cried. The pride I felt in showing up each and everyday to do the work out and follow the meal plan is so much better than the weight I lost.

I still have a ways to go. My goal is to run the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon at a pace of 11 minutes a mile.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #15
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran

Congratulations, and keep up the good work!
BuckeyeBama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: