Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #106
huhwhat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 305

It seems that WDW wants to come to terms with the fact that the attractions can not handle the capacity they keep crowding into the parks....They are being greedy and not concerned with the customer experience.... I think it is shameful
__________________
Aulani Feb 2013
Polynesian Jan 2013
ASMovies 2012
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #107
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Note my earlier post where I said lines didn't look like this before 2012. This is because that in March, when the infamous enforcement started (and the precursor to FP+), many--including me--suspected an increase in FPs distributed.

I will perk up and listen more to your point if you can find examples like this in early 2012 or prior.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #108
amzking
DIS Veteran
 
amzking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 996

I will admit up front that I have NOT read all 7+ pages of responses.

BUT I will say that what I observed on Saturday morning (before it got insane - I was home by then) was that there would be a wait at the first scanner location of about 10 minutes at BTMRR at 11 am, however, once we got through that, it was very quick to actually get on the ride. FP users used to be backed up all the way up the ramp to the load area, but not this time. I seem to remember the same with Peter Pan around 1020.

So I think the line has just shifted, we used to wait at the ride load, now we wait at the first scanner location.

I cannot figure out why they still need two scanners for FP+ though. Maybe to catch people that slip through?
__________________
Sadly, no trip countdown. Saving my rewards points...
amzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #109
mollygirl13
DIS Veteran
 
mollygirl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 1,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhat View Post
It seems that WDW wants to come to terms with the fact that the attractions can not handle the capacity they keep crowding into the parks....They are being greedy and not concerned with the customer experience.... I think it is shameful
Just got back on Sat. from a weeklong WDW trip and I can say with 100% certainty that I agree with this ^^^
__________________
mollygirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #110
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 25,639

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzking View Post
I will admit up front that I have NOT read all 7+ pages of responses.

BUT I will say that what I observed on Saturday morning (before it got insane - I was home by then) was that there would be a wait at the first scanner location of about 10 minutes at BTMRR at 11 am, however, once we got through that, it was very quick to actually get on the ride. FP users used to be backed up all the way up the ramp to the load area, but not this time. I seem to remember the same with Peter Pan around 1020.

So I think the line has just shifted, we used to wait at the ride load, now we wait at the first scanner location.

I cannot figure out why they still need two scanners for FP+ though. Maybe to catch people that slip through?
I think that's simply it. Plus so many standby and FP lines run side-by-side where it's easy to hop the rail in between the two points.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #111
ellie05
Mouseketeer
 
ellie05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 497

It sounds like they still have a lot of work to do, hopefully it is done before summer. OP I am sorry that is horrible. I will admit I am not opposed to this FP+, but I would freak out a little if this happen during our vacation. I am so glad we decided to switch weeks.
__________________
A few trips as a kid. 08/09-AKL, 09/09-WL (MNSSHP), 11/09-POR (MVMCP), 03/11- Dolphin F&G, 01/12-Ft. Wilderness cabins,10/12-CBR F&W (MNSSHP), 02/14-ASMo


Last edited by ellie05; 02-17-2014 at 05:49 PM.
ellie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #112
erddig
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 234

I did not wait BECAUSE people were reporting 60 minute waits for FP longer or equal to standby in some cases. FP lines were not moving. CM were agreeing its out of control
__________________
Pam
Mom to: AJ 18, EJ 12, TJ 9
Feb 14 3rd Family Reunion Trip; Bonnet Creek
April 13 HK Disney
Oct '12 anniversary trip with Hubby F&WF; DDD
Apr '12 WDW. and beach; Offsite/Timeshare
Apr '11 WDW and US Offsite/Timeshare
Oct '09 quick trip Offsite/Timeshare
Feb '09 2nd Familiy Reunion SOG
Feb '07 1st family reunion-15 members and growing, offsite/ Time share
Feb '05 offsite/Time share
Feb '02 Fort Wilderness
Feb '01 Fort Wilderness
Aug '73
erddig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #113
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard
 
2Tiggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Too many stripes away from Tigger
Posts: 19,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I think that's simply it. Plus so many standby and FP lines run side-by-side where it's easy to hop the rail in between the two points.
Yes, and people do! Seen it so many times and there's little you can do about it so I'm actually pleased to see the precautions being taken by Disney to try and keep some sort of control over it.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #114
amg35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,518

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie05 View Post
It sounds like they still have a lot of work to do, hopefully it is done before summer. OP I am sorry that is horrible. I will admit I am not opposed to this FP+, but I would fear out a little if this happen during our vacation. I am so glad we decided to switch weeks.
Yes! My boyfriend and I are cheering the decision to go in late October.
__________________


amg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #115
sethschroeder
DIS Veteran
 
sethschroeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 899

This has less to do with FP+ and more to do with how many they are handing out. I would suspect they are putting more FP+ times out there than they shave FP- historically.

Also to those who say you never waited on FP-, we waited on Space Mountain and TSMM for about 20-25 mins last July. Nothing horrible in our eyes but none the less a wait.

In the end Disney needs to get the FP+ lines under control by cranking down the allotment of FP+ forcing people to have earlier or later times they reserve. For those who then complain about not getting that 2:30 TSMM timeslot they need to realize there was no way of guaranteeing anything like that really in the past either.
__________________
Me DW Chloe Manford Tyrus
FastPass+ Priority & Tiering (mesaboy2)
How to make FP+ reservations - ADVANCED
1984 Born; 1985 DL; 1989 WDW; 1991 DL; 2013 BWI CL- (Honeymoon); 2014 September 3-14 - BWV - (Celebrating 1st Anniversary); 2014 September 14-15 - UNI RPR
sethschroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #116
bcrook
DIS Veteran

 
bcrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,013

Wild and crazy. Looks like we are getting close to appointment riding to me. Has Disney increased FP alottment to higher than 80%?

That kiosk line is NUTS!
__________________
-Barry
  • FP+ original discussions "What we know, what we want to know" can be found at this site.
  • Best WDW insider fact or story thread.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #117
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 25,639

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethschroeder View Post
This has less to do with FP+ and more to do with how many they are handing out. I would suspect they are putting more FP+ times out there than they shave FP- historically.

Also to those who say you never waited on FP-, we waited on Space Mountain and TSMM for about 20-25 mins last July. Nothing horrible in our eyes but none the less a wait.

In the end Disney needs to get the FP+ lines under control by cranking down the allotment of FP+ forcing people to have earlier or later times they reserve. For those who then complain about not getting that 2:30 TSMM timeslot they need to realize there was no way of guaranteeing anything like that really in the past either.
Other than just showing up at rope drop and getting a FP? I never cared about a specific window, only about getting on with FP.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #118
TiggerBouncy
Mouseketeer
 
TiggerBouncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 306

Weird how much difference a week makes. I was there last week and my longest fp+ line was test track at... Wait for it... 7 minutes by my watch.

Only exception was mission space shut down for a few and the fp+ line went to test track, but cleared as soon as it opened back up.

All other rides my fp+ was under 5 minutes including toy story.

How is it that the experience changes so radically in just a week?
TiggerBouncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #119
bcrook
DIS Veteran

 
bcrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Here's the thing. I don't remember discussing FP return wait times much before 2012. That says something to me all by itself.
I don't ever remember a single time waiting to get in a fastpass return line. An occasional cluster of people around Soarin maybe, but these people were usually waiting for their time slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
It's Presidents Day, what do you expect? Everything will have long lines. Last night we were at MK and it was pretty crazy when we got there at 8pm.
I only go during peak times and have never experienced anything that looks like that. FP use to be truly a FP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbarker View Post
Yes great point waiting in line at WDW doesn't sound so bad. Just got in from snow blowing another 3inches of snow and we are now over 65 inches for the year, an average is about 32inches.
I agree if admission was free. But After paying $7000-10000 nobody should have to decide if shoveling snow would have been better than visiting a theme park. If I had to wait in that kiosk line, I would much rather keep my money, shovel the snow, and find some other relaxing place to blow my savings.
__________________
-Barry
  • FP+ original discussions "What we know, what we want to know" can be found at this site.
  • Best WDW insider fact or story thread.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #120
amg35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,518

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Other than just showing up at rope drop and getting a FP? I never cared about a specific window, only about getting on with FP.
I took it to mean that when people reserve early, there will be less fast passes available for each time slot, so if a zillion people wanted test track noon, now maybe WDW will make it where only half the zillion can have noon, and half the zillion will have to choose 4, or some other dreaded time.

That's actually how I think they will deal with this type of problem I guess?
__________________


amg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: