Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #61
whitestavern
Earning My Ears

Should've phrased that differently re: the CMs because I'm sure they are tired and frustrated by the whole thing, but I feel like management should be giving them tools to help the situation vs. sorry there's nothing we can do. Yes I know you chose to spend thousands of your hard earned dollars at our place of business and the new program we told you would be great obviously has issues but oh well.
whitestavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #62
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Hello Everyone - Sorry you are having challenges today.

I am not trying to be negative, bragging or acting spoiled so here goes...

We have been to WDW for the past 14 visits and have been spoiled with the ability to work the FP system and acquire on the average 10 to 12 FP per day per park.

Of course when my DD was young the need for FP was not important. Touring calmly and enjoying the park at a leisurely pace was the way we wanted to tour.

NOW!! since my DD is older, the past 5 years its ride all you can and pass out at the end of the night and start over the next morning. That is was we called a great WDW vacation. You can rest when you get back home...

We are going in July again and do not want to be restricted to 3 FP per day... With that being said we are migrating west to DLR....

We love WDW but we do not want to play the new FP system game.

This post is not to offend anyone or to put more fuel on the fire, so please forgive me if I had overstepped my boundaries.

I have set myself up for replies and I understand if you have to fire back.

Please have a great day.
I see nothing wrong with your post. There are more than a few of us who completely agree with you.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #63
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

It's Presidents Day, what do you expect? Everything will have long lines. Last night we were at MK and it was pretty crazy when we got there at 8pm.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip! ~ The One Where I Finally Ride Splash????

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #64
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
But remember, FP+ is now the great equalizer! In the past, people unfairly were able to get more fast passes than others and the lines were much shorter due to some people not using the system at all. Now, we all get only 3 and we can all wait in lines that are two, three, and even 4 times as long.
shoveling snow is free and requires little to no planning and travel time

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #65
summerskye
Ears Earned, What's Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post
But remember, folks - as we've been told: Those lines move really, really fast.

In fact, 30 minutes in the FP+ line is much, much faster than the same 30 minutes in a standby line.

Maybe they can add some "magic" to the FP lines kind of like they did when you went to see Tinkerbell. Instead of shrinking the people they could have us enter a time-warp to another dimension. Wait that sounds familiar....

summerskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #66
tndisneyfan
DIS Veteran

I haven't read this whole thread just the OP's post. Our last trip was in early Oct of last year, right after FP+ was being rolled out at all resorts. I noticed that on a few rides that the FP line was signficantly longer than I had ever seen them before. The longest I have ever waited in a FP line is probably around 15 minutes. We did wait longer once on Soarin when the ride went down but I consider that an exception. The FP line for Buzz Lightyear was out the building and backed up around the old FP kiosks. The FP line for Test Track and TSMM were both backed to the outside, and TSMM took especially long to actually board the ride (I'm sure it's because it's such a slow loader). Anyway, my point of this is.....WHY .......I can't for the life of me figure out why FP+ should make the lines any longer than FP-. Are they scheduling more FP+ than they would have FP-?

If this is what WDW is going to do, fine, I can work with it. But the reason I grabbed a FP- was so I could ride once with a pretty short wait. What's the point in FP+ if I still have to wait in a 30+ minute line? Something is wrong with the system.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #67
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBama View Post
Yep - this is much ado about nothing. Consider that the longest fast pass lines in WDW have always required a 10-15 minute wait. Think about rides like Space Mountain and Soarin'. From the time that you pass the first set of scanners to the time that you get on the ride, you will wait and walk for at least 10 minutes. Yes, WDW should have created better queues to handle the longer FP+ lines, but the wait is still very reasonable for a fast pass. But, hey, let's not get in the way of another FP+ rant.
Was in the MK on Feb 14th- that was our experience too. Lines appeared very long on Rapunzel and Buzzes Space ranger spin but moved quickly.
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #68
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
It's Presidents Day, what do you expect? Everything will have long lines. Last night we were at MK and it was pretty crazy when we got there at 8pm.
Except FP lines haven't typically looked like this in the past, even on a holiday weekend.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #69
stairstepmom
stairstepmom

We were in MK on MLK day and saw the same crazy return lines - and it was not just to the first scanner, though that certainly slowed things down. I can't describe how annoying it was to get 4 adults and 5 children (3 of whom had a very tough time lining up to the scanners at their height) - handing a stack of 9 fanned out paper FPs to a CM took 2 seconds; scanning our family through utilizing both scanners and with me and DH mobilizing all the kids like we were trying to get everyone into a lifeboat on a sinking ship - "Mickey to Mickey!! Move, move, move!" - took at least 10x that long, twice. Many times CMs became frustrated and told us to just move on.

It took us 20 min to get through the return line for BTMRR - it took so long I was worried I'd need to change our FP+ time because we'd miss it waiting in the line. But gee I'm glad FP+ gives me the functionality to do that

Past trips:
Jan 2001: 5 nights @ CBR, Us - Honeymoon
Feb 2012: 6 nights @ POFQ, Us + 6 1/2 (and grandparents)
May 2013: 5 nights @ CBR, Me + DSis
Jan 2014: 1 night @ POR + 9 nights @ VWL, Us + 8 (and grandparents)

Future Trips ~ A Year of Little Trips! :
May 2015: 5 nights @ BWV, Graduation trip w/DD8! ~ booked and in planning!
Sep 2015: 6 nights @ AKV Jambo, DH + DS11 and DS10 ~ in planning!
Oct 2015: 6 nights @ ASMo, Me + DS6 and DS4 ~ in planning!
Feb 2016: 4 nights @ BLT, DH + DS3 and DS2 ~ in planning!
stairstepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #70
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

We just returned today from WDW. We were there feb 8-16. The lines did start to get busy starting on the 14th. In our experience there was always a back up at the first scanner but once you passed that it moved very quickly. Even safari on sat had a long line to get to the first scanner. We were there in less than 5 minutes but walked all the way up to a car and were right on. I think our longest wait with FP was for pirates. Maybe 10 minutes.
TSM had a 115 minute stand by line but FP took only 10 if that.

I think the big problem is most people don't really get FP+ yet. Many people were in the wrong line or there to early or to late. Or they couldn't match up the Mickey or had to dig out their cards.
JEWLSVERN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #71
Laketravis
FP is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way.. which one's Pink?

I'm not counting many smiles in those pictures........ must be the FP+ Hater's Line.......
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #72
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
shoveling snow is free and requires little to no planning and travel time
Yeah no. I'm from Texas. I don't do cold. This has been our coldest winter in years and I hated it. We finally got rid of that terrible weather and are experiencing spring. You shovel your own darn walk. I'm staying here in the warmth.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #73
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post
I'm not counting many smiles in those pictures........ must be the FP+ Hater's Line.......
Can't be, there's only ten of us.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #74
JoshuaShaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
OMG - Sorry fellow Texan - We are from DFW area, what area do you reside in?
I moved to Arlington almost two years back to shorten my commute to work, but spent most of my time in Texas in Fort Worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
This is what I have been saying. People keep saying that this is a holiday weekend so the lines will be longer, but I have never experienced fast pass lines that looked like this, holiday or not. And it doesn't matter to me how fast it moves once you get inside. If it takes me 20 minutes to get to the scanner to enter the FP line, that is 20 minutes I wasn't standing in line with regular fast pass.
My favorite FP+ apolgetics.

"The FP line is too long."
"Only outside, once you get in the queue it's a walk-on!"
"But I spent 30 minutes standing outside the queue."
"But it was a walk-on inside the queue!"
"...touche'?"

Quote:
Okay, I laughed.
My work here is done.
JoshuaShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #75
Sandy Fisher
DIS Veteran

This is the sort of thing that has worried me all along. We're not newbies to Disney or to FP (legacy) or to doing the parks sensibly. We've been going to DIsney since 1982. Used very few of the original fast passes. Never needed to.
We can't remember the last time we stood in line for attractions that now have LONG fast pass plus lines. Seriously.
Our trip isn't til early May, but I read these posts with dread. And we never needed fast pass for these attractions.
Talk bout fixing (?) the system.
Are you kidding me?????
Sandy Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: