Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

No Longer Californians, but Still Annual Passholders - Aug 2014 (Updated 12/14)

Hellooooooooooooo DISers!

Welcome to another one of my trip reports! It's always nice to have you here. I'm starting this report while our most recent trip to Disneyland is actually still fresh in my mind even while I continue working on my other ongoing trip reports (We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? and A Very Pleasant Good Alaska Cruise).

For those of you who have never read one of my trip reports before, I'm Taylor, and I really don't recommend starting with this report. Check out one of those links above or down below in my signature to get better acquainted with my wife Tracy and I. For those of you who are familiar with our shenanigans, thanks for coming back for more! In case you missed it (which would be understandable since I'm still very much in the middle of writing the "life report") we don't live at Disneyland anymore. We're back in Colorado, but we're still doing plenty of trips back west to use our APs and enjoy the parks. This report will cover the first of these trips, which took place from August 14th-21st, 2014. It was a visit full of eating, riding, and walking—SO MUCH WALKING—and I hope you'll enjoy reading about it.

As with my other recent reports, I'll be actually posting the content over on my blog, but I'll keep an up-to-date table of contents over here if you want to subscribe to this thread. I also try to make sure that I respond to all your comments either here or over there, and I love interacting with everyone while you read.

Now, without further ado, head on over to start the report: No Longer Californians, but Still Annual Passholders.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals

Last edited by tayalltheway; 12-15-2014 at 01:08 AM.
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #2
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report

Last edited by tayalltheway; 12-15-2014 at 01:08 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

New 8/29

This first post is just the prologue, but it covers our plans for the week, including where we stayed. Check it out here.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #4
jeaneg
Mouseketeer

So excited to read this report! Love all of your reports.

DLR: June 2009, March 2011 (Hyatt OC), July 2012 (Grand Californian), May 2013, July 2013 (Paradise Pier)
WDW: February 2010 (Grand Floridian), December 2012 (Yacht Club)
jeaneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Checking in.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #6
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Subbing!!!

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #7
gardengirl2790
Mouseketeer

Following along looking forward to more adventures!
gardengirl2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:43 AM   #8
disneymania0711
Mouseketeer

I'm in!!
May/June 2015 - Pop Centuru

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

disneymania0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #9
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

Hi Taylor!!!!!

Sooooooo glad to see you back here! I've been following along on your Wandering Mouseketeer Blog, but it's fun to see you check in on the DISboards as well!

Can't wait to read about your last Disneyland trip!
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #10
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Yay another report. Woot!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:25 PM   #11
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Can't wait to hear more!
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:46 AM   #12
JMBB216
Earning My Ears

Joining in.
JMBB216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:10 PM   #13
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Taylor --

I was surprised to see another thread, even though you're not actually doing the report in this thread!

I know everyone will probably hate me for saying it , but I have to admit that I kind of wish you were posting your Trip Reports in these TR threads too (although I know the 25-image limit is a pain), or at least mini-versions of them.

The blog is great -- I have read about the cruise adventures and about the move back to CO -- but, selfishly, I find that it is easier for me to comment on a TR if the photos and text are right there in the thread for me to scroll up and reference when I need to remember what to comment on! Sometimes I am typing and want to mention something specific that you said or that someone else said, and while I am replying I can quickly scroll up the page, find the comment and address it. When I am in the blog I would either have to comment there or come back here and open up another window, and switch back and forth between the TR thread(s) and the blog.

However, that said, a blog is a very good idea for you. For your narrative style and the concept of writing about your ongoing adventures (and random, fluke illnesses too!), in and out of DLR, I think that a blog is probably the best idea -- so I can understand why you decided to go that route!

Did you say in one of your threads (maybe it was in the other TR thread?) that you are planning to come back to DLR in October, or did I imagine that? If so, are you going to one of the Halloween parties, or just enjoying the general Halloweenish-ness of the season?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 08-31-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:53 AM   #14
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaneg View Post
So excited to read this report! Love all of your reports.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Checking in.
Hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
Subbing!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl2790 View Post
Following along looking forward to more adventures!
Hope they live up to your expectations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymania0711 View Post
I'm in!!
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirecatty View Post
Hi Taylor!!!!!

Sooooooo glad to see you back here! I've been following along on your Wandering Mouseketeer Blog, but it's fun to see you check in on the DISboards as well!

Can't wait to read about your last Disneyland trip!
Hopefully you'll enjoy reading about this trip. We had a really fun time being back in the parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Yay another report. Woot!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Can't wait to hear more!
I'm glad you're reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBB216 View Post
Joining in.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Taylor --

I was surprised to see another thread, even though you're not actually doing the report in this thread!

I know everyone will probably hate me for saying it , but I have to admit that I kind of wish you were posting your Trip Reports in these TR threads too (although I know the 25-image limit is a pain), or at least mini-versions of them.

The blog is great -- I have read about the cruise adventures and about the move back to CO -- but, selfishly, I find that it is easier for me to comment on a TR if the photos and text are right there in the thread for me to scroll up and reference when I need to remember what to comment on! Sometimes I am typing and want to mention something specific that you said or that someone else said, and while I am replying I can quickly scroll up the page, find the comment and address it. When I am in the blog I would either have to comment there or come back here and open up another window, and switch back and forth between the TR thread(s) and the blog.

However, that said, a blog is a very good idea for you. For your narrative style and the concept of writing about your ongoing adventures (and random, fluke illnesses too!), in and out of DLR, I think that a blog is probably the best idea -- so I can understand why you decided to go that route!

Did you say in one of your threads (maybe it was in the other TR thread?) that you are planning to come back to DLR in October, or did I imagine that? If so, are you going to one of the Halloween parties, or just enjoying the general Halloweenish-ness of the season?
You caught me! I just want to make sure that everyone on here knows about each new report/trip, and I don't know a better way than by starting a new thread each time! I totally get what you're saying about it being more difficult to comment over here after reading on the blog, but it would unfortunately just be too time consuming to post all the content on the DIS as well as over there. It already takes me a while to just keep my responses to comments over here up to date and to keep up the table of contents... So thanks for bearing with me!

You DID read that we are planning to be back at DLR in October. Hopefully the 21st-26th or so. And yes, we WILL be doing the Halloween Party again in addition to just soaking up the spirit of the holiday around the resort. Looking so forward to it!!

Old 09-02-2014, 01:55 AM   #15
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Update 9/1

And the trip is officially underway! We hit the ground running with attractions, food, and lots more in the update I just posted here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: