Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 12:30 PM   #31
paxsarah

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametista View Post
We have Interval and its not uncommon for us to get one of the 2 bedroom units at Marriott Harbour Lake or Cypress Harbour for under $500 total for the WEEK. I would never, ever stay onsite. We did one night onsite and it was a joke. I think there are a lot of people who have been brainwashed into wasting 3 vacations worth of money just to be "in the magic" which really means cramped and ripped off.
With RCI we'll be staying in a BLT 2 bedroom for just under $1000 for the week (including our MFs, exchange fee, and Disney's added fee). Still twice what you're paying, but it's worth it to get both "magic" and space. However, with our family, if we have to make a tradeoff between magic and space, we pretty much always choose the space of a timeshare over a magical standard hotel room.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:54 PM   #32
D&R love Disney
DIS Veteran

The difference between rack rate and what I paid for points from a friend I $2358.03 for a nine night stay between BCV and BLT. That's how we afford to stay deluxe.
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #33
missdorado26
Mouseketeer

How do you rent points? If I don't have the DVC can I still rent points?
Old 02-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #34
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofanarchy View Post
There are plenty of upper class citizens who can afford it, sure. Is that what WDW is going to cater to from now on, just the wealthy? If so, they can have it.

The discussion and my comment was on the Deluxe and monorail resorts.

In your comment you didn't note that WDW resorts are also in the moderate and more to your point, the value range which can often be had for $100.00 a night depending on the season and discounts available.

So Disney is NOT catering just to the rich folks.

AKK

Last edited by Tonka's Skipper; 02-16-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:47 PM   #35
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdorado26 View Post
How do you rent points? If I don't have the DVC can I still rent points?
You can rent points from present members. Go check out the DVC forums or bing up Disney vacation club point rentals.

You pay the member about $15.oo a point and they set up your stay.

It is easy and you can save a good deal of money.

AKK
Old 02-15-2014, 02:58 PM   #36
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
You can rent points from present members. Go check out the DVC forums or bing up Disney vacation club point rentals.

You pay the member about $15.oo a point and they set up your stay.

It is easy and you can save a good deal of money.

AKK
But your dates need to be firm and you won't get a refund if you need to change or cancel. Points have expiration dates, so they don't last forever. And most members books at seven to eleven months out, so don't plan on getting a rental two or three months out. You won't get free dining. You won't get kids eat free. You won't get free tickets for the kids. All you get is your lodging.

AND (big AND), don't rent an RCI exchange because that is not permitted by RCI or DVC. Rent only from a DVC member or DVC broker.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #37
missdorado26
Mouseketeer

What is rci?
Old 02-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #38
3boysNagirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
What is rci?
A "timeshare" of sorts....You rent based on points that you buy a deed to in many places around the globe.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:22 PM   #39
Deb & Bill

Quote:
What is rci?
Resorts Condominiums International. It is an exchange company that DVC uses so members can trade their points for other non-DVC vacations. That means non-DVC timeshare owners exchange their timeshare via RCI to book a DVC stay. It's a way that DVC members can use their points to stay some place other than WDW or DL or other DVC resorts.

There is one renting company on the internet that only sells RCI exchanges for fairly cheap rates (usually Wyndham timeshares). But RCI and DVC don't allow this. Both DCV and RCI can cancel these reservations if they find out they have been rented.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #40
Networth
It all started with a mouse...or something like that.

I was reading some responses about how Disney only caters to the wealthy. Which they don't, they cater to anyone willing to pay like any other business in this country.

It's called capitalism, you pay more you get more. Ever flown? First Class, Business Class Economy Plus, Economy. I hate when people complain about what "others" get. Sure complain the price set by the company is expensive That's your right. But don't complain because someone has and is choosing to pay those prices. That's their right. I think pricing has become over the top too, but I don't begrudge those who choose to pay those crazy rack rates is my point.

I remember when the CR was $120 a night and their was no extra for a theme park view. Yet Disney has seen people are willing to pay more over the decades, and pay an extra premium for views. Stinks but so be it.

When someone rents DVC points is the reservation under the owners name? I'm just wondering how things like room charging etc works.

Next “official" Trip: 12/12/14-12/21/14 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Last edited by Networth; 02-15-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #41
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Networth View Post
... When someone rents DVC points is the reservation under the owners name? I'm just wondering how things like room charging etc works.
The owner puts the reservation in the non-member's name. No problem with charging and My Disney Experience.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #42
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Networth View Post
I was reading some responses about how Disney only caters to the wealthy. Which they don't, they cater to anyone willing to pay like any other business in this country.

It's called capitalism, you pay more you get more. Ever flown? First Class, Business Class Economy Plus, Economy. I hate when people complain about what "others" get. Sure complain the price set by the company is expensive That's your right. But don't complain because someone has and is choosing to pay those prices. That's their right. I think pricing has become over the top too, but I don't begrudge those who choose to pay those crazy rack rates is my point.
Yup!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 02-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #43
clapton
Mouseketeer

The prices have gone up dramatically over the years. That is what prompted us to buy the DVC. We would never have been able to stay deluxe without it!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #44
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

You got great prices, we got quotes $600/night for a standard room at the Poly in September!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #45
zxrst
Earning My Ears

Sadly prices on almost everything are going up. Have you guys check out the car prices recently?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: