Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #76
veggiemama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
She has gone 1 time on each of our other cruises...the first time she seemed to have a good time, but she was mad I actually did stuff without her. the 2nd time she went with her cousin but her cousin said it wasn't fun, so then neither would go back. She tends to be shy at first, but I hope she goes and has a good time.

Love the update. I love CC...can't wait to get there again!
My dd would have been like that a few years ago as well. Might be an age thing? Bethany would never have gone to kids clubs without me when she was younger. She was really shy and though she would warm up eventually, usually by the time she was comfortable everyone had already found friends to hang out with so she would be left out. Nowadays she is ready to jump right in and makes friends with everyone and is usually really good about including everyone too. I hope your dd gets more comfortable with the clubs as time goes on They seem like such a great way for the kids to just be having fun.

Mom: Laura Dad: John DD: Bethany, 16 DS: John I, 14
PTR 70th Birthday Celebration
Do you know where the kids are? TR of our first Magic cruise

Trips: DL 1985 / WDW 2008: Stayed off site / WDW 2011: AKL and POFQ / DCL 2014: Magic,4 day
veggiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #77
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

I am enjoying your report and the photos -- photos can never be too large! I don't know why the first night out always seems to be the roughest, although of varying degree. We did the Med last summer on the Magic -- my girls were 16 and 13. My 13 year old loves the club but the older one would rather eat glass than go to the Vibe, unfortunately. She is just waiting to turn 18 and go to the spa!

Despite the sea sickness and food allergies, you seem to have had a good time overall. It's really a matter of attitude, isn't it?
Island Princess July 2011 - Alaska
Disney Fantasy June 2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic August 2013 - Mediterranean

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
texasgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #78
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

So sorry you felt ill that first night! We are very fortunate, none of us get sea sick- I actually love the movement of the ship, especially when I sleep- it's like being rocked in a cradle!

My boys love Vibe- I am so sad my son Tyler is almost too old for it- he is sad about that too.

Castaway Cay is a great day, isn't it? Our cruise in October is a double dip- so excited to be going twice!

Looking forward to reading more......
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #79
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your trippie!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #80
veggiemama
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! So sorry it has been so long since I have been on here. It is a crazy time for me during April and May as my teaching year wraps up and all the marketing events go on plus getting all my students ready to take there exams, there is just not a lot of time leftover for fun stuff!

I promise to get back here soon and continue with my TR.

Trips: DL 1985 / WDW 2008: Stayed off site / WDW 2011: AKL and POFQ / DCL 2014: Magic,4 day
Old 05-17-2014, 07:52 AM   #81
veggiemama
DIS Veteran

Well since I can't sleep I figured it is a good morning to finally post another update!

Pirate night:

Once we were back at the ship, we went to our room, showered and changed. The kids both disappeared to Vibe to see who was back and to make plans for when to meet up later.

DH and I wandered around a bit and took a few photos

The kids had told us that there were these framed pictures on a wall telling all these fun facts about the ship. Apparently they had to find the during a scavenger hunt that they did as a group and were running all over the ship to find this stuff. . So John and I decided to see if we could find these. Took a bit but we finally found the wall - same hallway as the movie theatre.
Here is my favourite one...

We headed over to Carioca's which was our restaurant for Pirate night. We met up with the kids. Bethany had gone back to the room and got into her pirate costume. She is a big pirate fan so this was a night she was really looking forward to.

We even managed to get dad into the spirit.

Food was delicious - of course And it all had fun pirate names. My food was prepared specifically for me and was so very good.

My starter was cold avocado soup - it was so good the kids were eating it too!

Son John wanted to continue trying new and exotic foods so he ended up having this seafood pasta dish. (I don't remember the name)

My main dish. Again no idea on a name but it was good! Had some kick to it and was very flavourful.

According the Bethany, this was her favourite meal. Some kind of ribs and potatoes. She didn't eat much but said it was awesome!

Can't forget desert!
Bethany's

And mine - so good - they even made this awesome chocolate brownie cake!

Once we were done dinner we headed back to our room for a moment...

So many stairs.... lol

We found this fun guy hanging out....

The kids headed out to meet up with their friends and John and I headed up to observe.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #82
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Looks great! Mind if I ask, what did the kids think of Vibe? One of my hesitations re: booking the Magic is that it seems the teen areas were the only ones left untouched by the rehab.

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #83
veggiemama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Looks great! Mind if I ask, what did the kids think of Vibe? One of my hesitations re: booking the Magic is that it seems the teen areas were the only ones left untouched by the rehab.
My kids really loved vibe. They spent almost all their time there. My understanding is that it is smaller than on other ships but neither of my kids cared. The counsellors were great and kept them busy with activities that they really enjoyed. When we first got on the ship and found out there was no pool just for them they were a little disappointed but when I asked them later about it both said they never noticed that there was no swimming, they were busy with other stuff. My son found friends that played video games like him and so they had tournaments going on. My daughter enjoyed hanging out, talking and making the movie. They did the "wild side" at Castaway Cay and had a blast hanging with their group of friends doing the beach day their way.

All in all they had a great time. But I know that the group of kids that were there that week made it a lot of fun. According to the counsellors they have had weeks were the kids are not to social with each other and so it can get kind of quiet around vibe but the week we were there they all became great friends and had a blast together.

For both my kids what they liked best was that it was a space just for them. How big it was didn't seem as important as just having a place that had no little kids and no pre teens - which according to my dd can be annoying Disney, like everything else, themes this space well and everything around Vibe is really geared towards the teens. Smoothie hour, movie nights, scavenger hunts, making a movie, video game marathons etc - all things that my kids still talk about now almost 6 month later.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #84
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

John's pasta/seafood dish is my favorite meal of all, but sadly i couldn't have it last cruise as we only did a 3 night and no pirate menu then. I am now craving it after seeing that picture!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: