Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
Danny K
DIS Veteran

Rainforest Cafe AK vs DTD

Hi All, We want to go to Rainforest Cafe this trip to Disney and I was wondering which location is better. They both work out good for dinner for us.

What I like about the AK one is that its opened 50 min after park closing, so we can enjoy rides at park closing time before heading there. I was thinking to make a 7:45pm ADR at AK at a 7:00pm park closing time, but the question is will busses still be running by the time we finish?

I also like the DTD one to, because we will be heading to Downtown Disney another night so we can enjoy that one as well.

I have been to the Animal Kingdom one before, and it was a great experience. We had a 6:15pm ADR with an 8pm closing, and when we went we were seated right away, and the place was pretty desserted, But that was back in 2011 when it didn't accept the Dining Plan, now I imagine it will be much busier.

I don't remember how dark or the experience the AK one was as it was 3 years ago.

I have some questions to ask though?

How many people does each one usually have now? Which one is less crowded?

Which one is bigger (in terms of more animals and more places to experience)?

Which one has more rain and basically a better experience?

Which one is darker?

Is the service better at either one of them?

Does either one have more then 1 floor?

Ok so these are the questions I have, I am leaning a bit towards the DTD one because we haven't been there before, but I am happy with both.

I am looking for the one that has more animals and darker and rain, and that doesn't have hardly any sunlight from it. And less crowded of course but thats not as important.

In fact could you please maybe post some pictures of both of them (not the food, the surroundings).
Danny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
charmedlife3517
Mouseketeer

We have only ever been to the one in DTD. It was very crowded. We had to wait a while to be seated, our server was frazzled and not around much, and our food took forever to come out. We didnt mind as it was our night off basically so we were in no rush and I really felt bad for our waitress who looked like she had way too much going on. Also it was very dirty. I understand that there are a lot of animals and vegetation but there was dust all over everything. All I kept thinking was our food was getting covered in dust while we ate. With that being said, I thought the restaurant was very cool and enjoyed the experience but I wouldnt go back.

charmedlife3517 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: