Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
becalubob
Mouseketeer

9:30pm ADR at CRT

Decided last night to do a short girls trip this May with my daughter (12) and step daughter (6). Since our trip is only 3 mths out, the only available times for CRT are 9:30pm. I'm not sure what to do. It's the 6 year olds first visit. The 12 year old has been to WDW 3 times already and been to CRT twice. I just really want that "wow factor" for the 6 year old to be IN the castle... Now, on the one hand, she has absolutely no idea that you can eat in there, so she doesn't know what she's missing, and there are plenty of Akershus ADRs available, and also then we can watch Wishes, which is at 10pm. But on the other hand, would she be upset she's missing out on the fireworks? My guess is she would be too excited with what's going on around her. Has any one been to CRT during Wishes? Is it loud? Anyone else been in this predicament?
becalubob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
Karbase8
DIS Veteran

I have seen Wishes from inside CRT, to me it' was a memorable and magical experience, I took my DS10 at the time and it was just the two of us. I had been to WDW 6 times and never had eaten at CRT. We luckily had a window seat. They piped in the music, it is a unique way to see Wishes I had tears in my eyes the whole time and suprisingly enough my son loved it too. If your stepdaughter can stay up that late it's worth it you can sign in at 9 and it still takes a bit to get up there and seated I recommend it if you can one of my best memories. Its' not a predicament it's an excellent experience!
Karbase8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I've also watched Wishes from inside CRT. They do dim the lights and pipe in the music. You can see some of the bursts through the stained glass windows, which can be a pretty neat effect. You won't be able to see the effects on the castle.

Between Akerhsus and CRT, I found that CRT was the "wow" experience. Both venues have princesses (usually the only difference is that CRT has Jasmine and Akershus has Belle - albeit the princesses can vary on any given day so you won't know for sure who'll be there) and both venues have okay food. Akerhsus has the princess parade where the kids get to go parade through the restaurant with the princesses. CRT does not have anything like that. On the other hand, at CRT guests get either a wand or a sword (adults too, if you want one) and a wishing star. I found that the interactions with the princesses themselves were the same at both places, but I liked the predictable pattern at CRT (you knew who was coming next and about when they'd get to you table once the first one came by). Overall, if you're looking for a "wow" experience, I'd go with CRT.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:31 AM   #4
becalubob
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies! My only concern now is when they pipe in the music, do the princesses still circulate? How loud is the music? Will we still be able to interact with them?
becalubob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becalubob View Post
Thanks for the replies! My only concern now is when they pipe in the music, do the princesses still circulate? How loud is the music? Will we still be able to interact with them?
The princesses do not circulate during the fireworks. The music is loud enough to be heard, but you won't have to shout at your table-mates to talk to them.

The princesses at CRT are not like other character meals where they are constantly circulating through the dining hall. Basically, one princess will come out and start going to the tables. A few minutes later, another princesses will come out and follow the same route as the previous princess. This process is repeated until all of the princesses are in the dining room. When a princesses enters the dining room, a small introduction is played for her (basically who she is). When she's finished going to all the tables, she exits the dining room. Most guests will only see the princesses once. So, they time it so that the princesses finish the route before the start of Wishes and they won't come back out until after the fireworks ends.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: