Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
mrsmorrow
Mouseketeer

Cape May,1900, Chef Mickeys

Trying to book a buffet, DD's are all teens and not overly fussy(usually eat kiddie food though and love the desserts lol) We have eaten at all 3 of these at one point or another, but over several years. Does Cape May have characters at dinner? I know it was always Minnie, Mickey and Goofy in their old-time bathing suits but I can't remember if it was dinner. Which would you choose in terms of food? (We don't care which characters, just like having one character meal)
TIA!
May 06~BWV
Aug 06~POR
Mar 07~Vero/SSR, Pirate/Princess Party
Nov 07~BCV, MVMCP, Grand Marshalls MK Parade
June 08~OKW
July 10~Hilton Head
June 11~BLT
Nov 11~SSR, MVMCP
Mar 13~ASM, Cheer Nationals
May 13~DGC/Aulani

Next Trip ~ June 14 BLT
mrsmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Minnie, goofy, and donald are at Cape May breakfast only. Not at dinner. Breakfast food is wonderful btw! Very nice variety of food, hot and fresh.

I personally didnt like the food at 1900 PF dinner. Ditto for Chef Mickeys.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #3
SandyinMonterey
DIS Veteran

I haven't eaten @ 1900 but I have been to Chef Mickeys for breakfast and Cape May Café many times (for dinner only). I liked Chef Mickeys, nice breakfast variety and the characters really made a point of visiting all tables and interact with the children. Cape May Café is my husbands favorite.
SandyinMonterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
mrsmorrow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyinMonterey View Post
I haven't eaten @ 1900 but I have been to Chef Mickeys for breakfast and Cape May Café many times (for dinner only). I liked Chef Mickeys, nice breakfast variety and the characters really made a point of visiting all tables and interact with the children. Cape May Café is my husbands favorite.
So funny, Cape May is my hubbys favorite too But he always says he hates using a dining credit on breakfast, so we usually do TS dinners, QS lunches or an occasional breakfast.

Thanks so much!
May 06~BWV
Aug 06~POR
Mar 07~Vero/SSR, Pirate/Princess Party
Nov 07~BCV, MVMCP, Grand Marshalls MK Parade
June 08~OKW
July 10~Hilton Head
June 11~BLT
Nov 11~SSR, MVMCP
Mar 13~ASM, Cheer Nationals
May 13~DGC/Aulani

Next Trip ~ June 14 BLT
mrsmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #5
cnpsnana
disney dreamer

Can anyone tell me the price of the character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare? The only thing I could find said $15.99 to $35.00.
cnpsnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #6
AllyinWonderland
Mouseketeer

Last I checked, Cape May did not have characters at dinner. I have heard great things about the dinner buffet, we have not tried it because I am allergic to seafood and that is the focus of the meal. Breakfast there is one of our favorite meals though.

Our dinner at 1900 Park Fare was decent. DH thought it was good, I thought it was just okay. I wouldn't necessarily discourage people from going but I'm also not rushing back.

Chef Mickey's is somewhere that I will never go to again. I think it is one of the worst buffets on property and the atmosphere is not my favorite.
AllyinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:38 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmorrow View Post
Trying to book a buffet, DD's are all teens and not overly fussy(usually eat kiddie food though and love the desserts lol) We have eaten at all 3 of these at one point or another, but over several years. Does Cape May have characters at dinner? I know it was always Minnie, Mickey and Goofy in their old-time bathing suits but I can't remember if it was dinner. Which would you choose in terms of food? (We don't care which characters, just like having one character meal)
TIA!
We have eaten at all 3 many times and Cape May would be my choice if you are strictly looking at the food (although there are no characters at dinner). We love the buffet as it has a lot of variety and the restaurant atmosphere is nice. We found 1900 Park Fare great for character interaction as the step sisters are hilarious, but we didn't like the food. Chef Mickeys has always been great for us, for food as well as character interaction.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: