Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
dcgardener
Earning My Ears

? About not having reservations

Im going to be in Jacksonville the first two weeks of March for work and was thinking about going to Disney if I can get time on the weekend. Since I won't know if I'll have time until I'm in Jacksonville I didn't want to reserve anything yet. If I went I would also want to stay on site.

My question is: would I be able to get a room/park ticket at one of the resorts by just walking up to the front desk? I haven't been to WDW in years so I am not sure if that is possible or if I have to go about another way in order to get a room or tix? Will I be out of luck with rides because of fast pass +? Thanks in advance, any help would be fantastic.
dcgardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgardener View Post
Im going to be in Jacksonville the first two weeks of March for work and was thinking about going to Disney if I can get time on the weekend. Since I won't know if I'll have time until I'm in Jacksonville I didn't want to reserve anything yet. If I went I would also want to stay on site.

My question is: would I be able to get a room/park ticket at one of the resorts by just walking up to the front desk? I haven't been to WDW in years so I am not sure if that is possible or if I have to go about another way in order to get a room or tix? Will I be out of luck with rides because of fast pass +? Thanks in advance, any help would be fantastic.
You can try to get a walk in reservation but I wouldn't suggest that method, especially since March is prime spring break season the resorts tend to fill fast. I'd call the reservation number ((407) 939-1936) once you know for certain that you'll be able to visit and use that route to book both a room and park tickets. That way, if one resort is booked the CM will be able to give you options of what is available.

You won't be out of luck regarding FP+. You can always book them the day of once you're in the park you want to use them in.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Go ahead and book a room only. If you cancel within 5 days (I believe) of the reservation you get your full deposit back. If you book a package and have to cancel, you have to do it 45 days before the reservation or you lose your deposit. There's no real benefit to getting a package, so just get your tickets at the park..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Tink0812
Mouseketeer

My suggestion!

I would suggest calling the resort help line and they will be able to tell you what is available. Back in 2011 I went to WDW with my husband's family kind of spur of the moment when we had a break from our baseball trip to Naples during spring break (last week of March). We called the number in route and the only thing available were a few select rooms at deluxe resorts that were well out of our price range. Instead we booked a room on hotel boulevard (a.k.a Lake Buena Vista drive), there are 6 or 7 hotels there that are within walking distance of DTD. We just walked to DTD and hopped a bus to a resort to change over to a park bus. Sounds like the long way to do things but definitely beat the outrageous price for the deluxe rooms we were offered.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #5
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

Here's my two cents. Last year during the second week in July, we booked an offsite hotel for part of our trip (the rest at the Poly). We got to the offsite hotel and to make a long story short, we had such a bad experience, we lasted two nights there. We called Disney Travel the second night around 8pm and we requested a value resort. She said she could get us into any of the Values. The next day, we were sitting happily at Pop Century. So I'd say its possible, but be prepared with a couple resorts in mind just in case your top choice is booked.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #6
dcgardener
Earning My Ears

Ok great. Thanks everyone!
dcgardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:39 PM   #7
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Go ahead and book a room only. If you cancel within 5 days (I believe) of the reservation you get your full deposit back.
Actually, if you cancel within 5 days of arrival you forfeit the deposit. You can cancel from now and up to 5 days before arrival and you'll get the deposit back.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: