Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #16
littleorangebird
Oh Meyla Weyla ♕

Still praying that one day, some day, Disney builds a Muppet expansion at DHS! With the huge success of "The Muppets" and the upcoming "Muppets Most Wanted", I don't see why a Muppets project has not been brought back by Disney already.

littleorangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #17
old lady
DIS Veteran

Dick Tracy didn't do good at the Box office so I doubt it would be included.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #18
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by old lady View Post
Dick Tracy didn't do good at the Box office so I doubt it would be included.
The 1990 Touchstone Pictures (Disney) movie Dick Tracy, starring and directed by Warren Beatty, is "ancient history" by now. In recent years, Warren Beatty has talked about doing a sequel, but that doesn't seem likely to happen.

In contrast, the Muppets have a new movie this year, and their 2011 movie was well-received. (The 2011 movie was not a mega-hit, but it did well.) More importantly, all generations seem to know and enjoy the Muppets. Their appeal is timeless. They are perfectly suited for Disney theme parks.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #19
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
...More importantly, all generations seem to know and enjoy the Muppets. Their appeal is timeless. They are perfectly suited for Disney theme parks.
I agree. The Muppets was a perfect acquisition for Disney. It may not turn out blockbuster movies or Star Wars like merchandise profits, but it is broad in appeal and will probably live forever giving consistent returns. People of all ages and walks of life love the Muppets!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #20
rccllap
Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?

I was "home" in June and October last year (going back in four weeks but who's counting...) and I spoke at length with a MuppetVision CM, who broke my heart into about a million pieces with the news that the Studios are in development to make a lot of big changes...including taking out the Muppets. And Indy. The expansion is for Cars and Star Wars.

Whoohooooo
rccllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #21
Horace Horsecollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccllap View Post
I was "home" in June and October last year (going back in four weeks but who's counting...) and I spoke at length with a MuppetVision CM, who broke my heart into about a million pieces with the news that the Studios are in development to make a lot of big changes...including taking out the Muppets. And Indy. The expansion is for Cars and Star Wars.
I wouldn't call it "news."

The MuppetVision CM does not know any more about this than park guests know. CMs read and discuss the same rumors that guests do.

Given the success of the enhancements to Disney California Adventure and the need to remain competitive with Universal, it's likely that DHS will get a major upgrade in the coming years. Imagineers have undoubtedly been asked to come up with various concepts.

Until Disney's top executives approve and fund something specific, what will be removed and what the project will include are just speculation.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #22
mom2cinderella
Shut up baby, I know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleorangebird View Post
Still praying that one day, some day, Disney builds a Muppet expansion at DHS! With the huge success of "The Muppets" and the upcoming "Muppets Most Wanted", I don't see why a Muppets project has not been brought back by Disney already.
I would 10000 times rather have Muppet Land than Avatar whatever. *grumblegrumble*
GF 9/14
me: CSR 4/03 Poly 10/04 ASMo 1/07 CR 12/08 CBR 9/10
GF 9/14
Z: CSR 4/03 WL 8/04 Poly 10/04 CR 5/05 ASMo 1/07 CR 12/08WL 3/11
GF 9/14
E1: CSR 4/03 Poly 10/04 CR 5/05 ASMo 1/07 CR 12/08WL 3/11ASMo 3/12 ASSp 3/13
GF 9/14
E2: ASMo 1/07 CR 12/08 CBR 9/10ASSp 3/13
GF 9/14
mom2cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #23
Kristina4109
Saying which Disney destination is better is like asking a Mom which kid she loves the most

The Muppets are so big right now that I can't imagine they'd take out Muppet*Vision completely. I don't know how ridiculously difficult it would be to move it to a new location, or rebuild it elsewhere. But it just doesn't make sense to bulldoze it with the success of the recent film and the next one coming out soon!
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Kristina4109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #24
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

I think that there may be some was to Marry up the muppets with Star Wars and create a new movie so that they can stay! My kids LOVE to watch muppet/star wars combos ....from season 4 of he muppet show all the way to muppet babies do Star Wars (Luke Skyhopper anyone?) - we would all like that in this house! !
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #25
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

A new version of Pigs In Space with a Star Wars angle. Could be good.

A long time a go, in a pig sty far far away...

Wocka wocka!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #26
Merida DunBroch
I will fight, I will fly, taste the wind and touch the sky..

I'd be so sad if the Muppets went away. I've always loved my favorite marionette-puppets

Mom(30-something) Dad(40-something) Me(16) DB(13) DB(11) DB(9) DS(4)
Official lover of Kristoff Bjorgman of Arendelle!
Merida DunBroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #27
rccllap
Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
I wouldn't call it "news."

The MuppetVision CM does not know any more about this than park guests know. CMs read and discuss the same rumors that guests do.

Given the success of the enhancements to Disney California Adventure and the need to remain competitive with Universal, it's likely that DHS will get a major upgrade in the coming years. Imagineers have undoubtedly been asked to come up with various concepts.

Until Disney's top executives approve and fund something specific, what will be removed and what the project will include are just speculation.
Wouldn't it be lovely if someone's tone of voice could be indicated in type. That would prevent me from thinking that your name should be edited slightly, from horse collar, to horse's a**.

THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THIS BOARD IS SPECULATION. That's one of the fun parts!

And you don't actually know that the CM I spoke with wasn't a member of the design team, or the Imagineering team, or...heck it could have been Iger himself.

It wasn't.

But it could have been.

So your snotty little reply really doesn't fit the tone of imagination and fun that is the spirit of Disney and this board.

With that out of the way...It's been well known for some time that a major expansion is on the way for the Studios. They will complete the Avatar theming in AK and move to the next large scale project, which will be a wonderful new addition to the theme park experience. We can all just hope that our beloved Muppets aren't sacrificed to that eventual end.

Whoohooooo
rccllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #28
jeffbear
DIS Veteran

If Jim Henson hadn't dies so suddenly and early, I firmly believe that there would have been a LOT more Muppet presence at the parks. Sadly the remaining family and Disney took forever to get working agreements hammered out and took away all momentum the brand ever had.

Sad ... I love the Muppets deeply and would have absolutely adored a Muppets-themed restaurant where Pizza Planet is now, as go the old rumors.
jeffbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #29
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Quote:
THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THIS BOARD IS SPECULATION. That's one of the fun parts! And you don't actually know that the CM I spoke with wasn't a member of the design team, or the Imagineering team, or...heck it could have been Iger himself.
Bob Iger as a "Muppetvision CM". Now that would be news. LOL. Your defensive response to Horace was a bit out of line. You DID say you spoke to a "Muppetvision CM". I'm quite sure there aren't any designers, imagineers, or Disney executives working the queue at MV360 these days. It's been a LONG time since the attraction opened.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #30
Horace Horsecollar

Quote:
Wouldn't it be lovely if someone's tone of voice could be indicated in type. That would prevent me from thinking that your name should be edited slightly, from horse collar, to horse's a**.
This is a discussion forum. When something is labeled as "news," the question of whether it's really news seems like a legitimate thing to discuss. Nothing I wrote is a personal attack. I'm not sure how my comments warrant the suggestion that I'm a "horse's a**."

I agree that speculation and discussion can be fun. That's why I took the time to discuss.

I actually felt bad that a MuppetVision CM broke someone's heart "into about a million pieces," despite the fact that the removal of MuppetVision is by no means a certainty. It's only a rumor, not news, at this point.

Quote:
So your snotty little reply really doesn't fit the tone of imagination and fun that is the spirit of Disney and this board.
I'm genuinely sorry that my words came across as a "snotty little reply," rather than as normal discussion of a topic on a discussion forum.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: