Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #91
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Mickeynut, re: the AKL CL experience...we did it several years ago and were very happy with it! It was our third stay there, and we just asked at check-in if we could upgrade. I was new to the idea of club level...and boy, what a beast has been created since then! I loved it, especially the view from the lounge down into the lobby.
I think it's a great idea to book a short stay to try it out. Good luck with your planning!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #92
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahG03 View Post
I'm new here, but we stayed Club Level at the Wilderness Lodge last April and LOVED it!!! We're going back in May to stay CL again. It was Fantastic and I can't imagine staying in a standard room ever again!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience. The staff was amazing! My kids (ages 10 and 6) loved having the lounge and it was so great having breakfast every morning and then beverages and snacks when we came back from the parks. If they didn't have something in the lounge we just had to ask and they would get it for us! The attention we received was beyond our expectations and more!
I wish I had taken more photos of the food because it was all so good!

I don't have the photos on my computer, but will post a link shortly.
Glad you had a great stay and enjoyed WL CL. WL CL was our first CL stay and we loved everything about it, especially the amazing CL CMs who were very friendly and more than accommodating .

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Mickeynut, re: the AKL CL experience...we did it several years ago and were very happy with it! It was our third stay there, and we just asked at check-in if we could upgrade. I was new to the idea of club level...and boy, what a beast has been created since then! I loved it, especially the view from the lounge down into the lobby.
I think it's a great idea to book a short stay to try it out. Good luck with your planning!
Hi grannyminnie .

Thanks for your input on AKL CL. We've stayed at AKL twice and we love the resort, so I really want to try CL. LOL on creating a beast . The view from the lounge is one thing that appeals to me as WL CL is the same way and that's one of the many things I loved about that. I haven't booked anything yet, but I may do so soon just to have it as I'm hoping we can work a short Christmas trip into our schedule . Thanks again.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2014, 02:56 PM   #93
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Mickeynut, I've done both WL and AKL CL and while the views from the lounges are both breathtaking ..the lounge at AKL seemed nicer to me. Among other things, they had a juice I really loved. Others have mentioned it on either this or the AKL forum. I know there were unique foods on the buffet as well; I just don't remember exactly what because it was too long ago.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #94
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Mickeynut, I've done both WL and AKL CL and while the views from the lounges are both breathtaking ..the lounge at AKL seemed nicer to me. Among other things, they had a juice I really loved. Others have mentioned it on either this or the AKL forum. I know there were unique foods on the buffet as well; I just don't remember exactly what because it was too long ago.
Our last stay at AKL was December 2010, so it would be nice to go back this December and try CL. The unique foods in the lounge kind of concern me, but it will still be nice to try. This will most likely be a resort only stay, so it will be nice to take full advantage of the lounge and experience all of the food offerings throughout each day .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 02-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #95
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Mickeynut---don't worry about the food at AKL CL. It's unique but not weird. I'll be there in two weeks and I will take food pictures. honestly I love it soooooo much there.

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #96
NicoleLarson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1

Our last stay at AKL was December 2010, so it would be nice to go back this December and try CL. The unique foods in the lounge kind of concern me, but it will still be nice to try. This will most likely be a resort only stay, so it will be nice to take full advantage of the lounge and experience all of the food offerings throughout each day .
Do you like jiko or boma? If yes, then you'll like the food. They had different hummus, cheese and veggies every night. Then 2 apps, which I thought were always excellent. They also have a kids buffet with ham and cheese roll ups, ants on a log, goldfish and some other kid friendly items that are not weird what so ever. Same with desserts, if you like all the desserts at boma then you will be heaven!
NicoleLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #97
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Mickeynut---don't worry about the food at AKL CL. It's unique but not weird. I'll be there in two weeks and I will take food pictures. honestly I love it soooooo much there.
Thank you so much....pics would be great . If you don't mind, could you also maybe take some pics of the lounge? I have read so many great things about AKL CL that I just have to try it....LOL. I love AKL as it's such a beautiful resort, so I'm thinking CL will just make it that much more enjoyable .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLarson View Post
Do you like jiko or boma? If yes, then you'll like the food. They had different hummus, cheese and veggies every night. Then 2 apps, which I thought were always excellent. They also have a kids buffet with ham and cheese roll ups, ants on a log, goldfish and some other kid friendly items that are not weird what so ever. Same with desserts, if you like all the desserts at boma then you will be heaven!
Thanks for your input. Haven't tried Jiko, but yes, Boma is one of our favorites and is a must do for us every trip . We aren't too adventurous of eaters, but we have yet to have a bad experience or not enjoy Boma. My oldest DS is somewhat of a picky eater and Boma turned out to be one of his favorites....go figure . It sounds like there is quite a variety in the lounge, so that makes me even more determined to try it .

Old 02-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #98
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Posted this on GF thread, but relevant here too!

HUGE shout out to the GF IPO!!!!! As you know, I was worried about handing over my reservations to them as I am too much of a control freak. ADR day is today and woke up to find I got all of my reservations, including 'Ohana and Be Our guest and opening at crystal Palace...all for the exact times I asked for!!!!

GF IPO rocks!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #99
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
They also have the best mini chocolate chip muffins at breakfast, I was definitely convinced they were laced with crack. Soooo addictive!
Past BWV Dec'14, AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #100
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
They also have the best mini chocolate chip muffins at breakfast, I was definitely convinced they were laced with crack. Soooo addictive!
Oh those sound yummy . Lol on them being addictive. I'm not a big breakfast person, but I love muffins. Do they have others in addition to the chocolate chip?

Old 02-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #101
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Mickeynut--I will take lots of pics. I have a bunch from last January. If you want to pm me your email, I can invite you to view them on my snapfish account.

They usually have a few types of muffins. And I think the crack is in the crosaints (sp?).

Not sure if I posted an update. WL IPO called Thurday am. Someone dropped the ball, but everything is fixed. We have all our reservations. I just need to get the shirts printed, flights booked, gift bags put together and I think this whole thing is done! My bil best not make ONE complaint or you guys will see a post 'man drowned in seven seas lagoon during fireworks cruise'.

Woke up to no heat and 3* outside. Waiting for the furnace man. 11 days till AKL CL can't come soon enough

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #102
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

This thread is AWESOME!! My family loves club level...the only problem is we never want to leave the lounge or miss any of the food when we're staying club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Club Level Suites are located in the Tonga building. I don't have any pictures of those; if anyone would like to share photos please do!
I recently did a blog post about the King Kamehameha Club and have a few photos of the small lounge in the Tonga building...

They have snacks and drinks out here in the afternoon, similar to the afternoon snacks in the Hawaii lounge.

These pics are from summer 2012 - I know the Hawaii building got a refurb since then, I'm not sure if Tonga did!

And since I've just been starting the AKL club level part of my trip report, here are a few shots of the Kilimanjaro Club...

After reading this thread I am SERIOUSLY missing those muffins.
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #103
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Very cool pics AGPrincess!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #104
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Mickeynut--I will take lots of pics. I have a bunch from last January. If you want to pm me your email, I can invite you to view them on my snapfish account.

They usually have a few types of muffins. And I think the crack is in the crosaints (sp?).

Not sure if I posted an update. WL IPO called Thurday am. Someone dropped the ball, but everything is fixed. We have all our reservations. I just need to get the shirts printed, flights booked, gift bags put together and I think this whole thing is done! My bil best not make ONE complaint or you guys will see a post 'man drowned in seven seas lagoon during fireworks cruise'.

Woke up to no heat and 3* outside. Waiting for the furnace man. 11 days till AKL CL can't come soon enough
Thanks so much.....I sent you a PM .

LOL on the crack in the croissants, too.

I'm glad everything got fixed with IPO. Good luck with the rest of your planning......I'm sure everything will go just fine .

That is awful about no heat . I hope the furnace man got there quick and your heat is back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
I recently did a blog post about the King Kamehameha Club and have a few photos of the small lounge in the Tonga building...

These pics are from summer 2012 - I know the Hawaii building got a refurb since then, I'm not sure if Tonga did!

And since I've just been starting the AKL club level part of my trip report, here are a few shots of the Kilimanjaro Club...

After reading this thread I am SERIOUSLY missing those muffins.
Thanks for the links to your blog about Poly CL and your AKL TR, as well as posting some AKL CL pics .

LOL about the muffins.....they must be really good since everyone is commenting on them .

Old 02-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #105
cleighc
Earning My Ears

Room upgrade at CR

I have three rooms reserved at CR March 8-13. Two of the rooms are Atrium CL the other is standard room(I think Bay Lake View). I have tried numerous times to get the third room changed to CL but nothing is available! Any suggestions? What are the odds we could upgrade at check in? Grasping at straws here:/
cleighc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: