Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #1531
jrj
always looking forward to our next trip to DA WORLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We decided to stay put sort of . Our split is all at GF. Between SL & regular outer building for 2 weeks.
Hi Sue M

You're going to have an amazing time

Can't wait to hear all about it
Old 06-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #1532
Gitts2008
Mouseketeer

Hello

I think that I may be confused about where the club level rooms are located at GF.

I see that they have some in the main bldg. Are the other club level rooms located in Sugar Loaf Key?
Gitts2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #1533
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitts2008 View Post
Hello

I think that I may be confused about where the club level rooms are located at GF.

I see that they have some in the main bldg. Are the other club level rooms located in Sugar Loaf Key?
Yes. You will either book a room in the Main Building or Outer building (Sugar Loaf) club level.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #1534
Celine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
We did some switch arounds to ... As of yesterday we were at WL CL Nov 9. - 19 and then GF RP from Nov 19 -21 but with construction at the WL pool now lasting from Labor Day through thanksgiving we made changes today. Although the pool was not a deal breaker the construction site is for us.
So now we all in at GF with a theme park view for first part of trip and GF Royal Palm for the end of the trip. So will be at GF the same time, I'm hoping we have lovely weather and some Christmas decorations ... It's our 10th or 11th stay and still excited!!
Do you want to join our November facebook group? It's a wonderful bunch of people and so many of us already feel like friends! Come on over! :-)

Friend me on facebook and I'll add you. https://www.facebook.com/CelineEwingSoviero
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #1535
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello

As abk96 posted, there is main building CL (Royal Palm Club) and outer building CL (Sugar Loaf). Just wanted to add that there are a few deluxe rooms in each CL and are a bookable category in RPC, but can only be requested in SL (not a bookable category in SL).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #1536
TPTraveler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjulesmom View Post
Hello everyone -

I'm wondering what the general consensus is concerning online check-in for Club Level guests. We have not stayed CL since 2001, so we are wondering if it is necessary and/or advisable?

I know there are differing opinions on this, so your feedback is much appreciated!!

Many thanks!
As you said, there are many differing opinions on this. In my opinion, for what it is worth, if you truly do not care of your room requests, location, floor, etc - go ahead and do online check-in.

If there is a specific preference (yes to a daybed, certain view, floor, etc) you have, I have found it to be better to wait and check-in upon arrival so you get to talk to an actual human being.

Now of course, that has just been my experience.

Yacht Club 2014 Beach Club 2014 * Yacht Club 2013 * Polynesian 2012, 2010, 2008 * Boardwalk Inn 2011, 2006 * Contemporary 2006, 2005 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2003, 2000, 1999, 1998 * Coronado Springs 2002
TPTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #1537
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
Do you want to join our November facebook group? It's a wonderful bunch of people and so many of us already feel like friends! Come on over! :-) Friend me on facebook and I'll add you. https://www.facebook.com/CelineEwingSoviero
Thanks so much I just sent a friend request to you, it's Debby Reynolds. I haven't been on Facebook in so long but still would love to join the November Facebook group : )
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #1538
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you want to join our November facebook group? It's a wonderful bunch of people and so many of us already feel like friends! Come on over! :-)

Friend me on facebook and I'll add you. https://www.facebook.com/CelineEwingSoviero
Hey I just friended you too. I am planning a trip for my mom and I for November at gf in RPC or SL.

I have stayed in both so I think my mom will love RPC. She has only been on property once so I want it to be special.

My name is similar to trishadono so you should figure it out.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #1539
Celine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
Thanks so much I just sent a friend request to you, it's Debby Reynolds. I haven't been on Facebook in so long but still would love to join the November Facebook group : )
Debby, I went to add you and it said you were already a member as of 3 weeks ago!! LOL Jump in any time! :-D
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #1540
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Debby, I went to add you and it said you were already a member as of 3 weeks ago!! LOL Jump in any time! :-D
Lol seriously? (( losing it )) yeah I remember joining through another thread but never knew it worked. Ok off to check out the site : )
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #1541
Gitts2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
As abk96 posted, there is main building CL (Royal Palm Club) and outer building CL (Sugar Loaf). Just wanted to add that there are a few deluxe rooms in each CL and are a bookable category in RPC, but can only be requested in SL (not a bookable category in SL).
Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Yes. You will either book a room in the Main Building or Outer building (Sugar Loaf) club level.

Thanks I saw a post somewhere that indicated that CL rooms were in all building, but I can not find the post now. Thanks a bunch for helping me.

Also, do I have this correct:
When we arrive at GF someone will take us to check in at a CL check in desk.

When do we get unload our bags from the car? Do I call bell services to assist us when we are ready?

We drive and I use a roof rack, so I will not be ready to "unpack" the rack asap. Sorry...I am trying to get an idea of what to expect.....CL is a bit intimidating to me....
Old 06-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #1542
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks I saw a post somewhere that indicated that CL rooms were in all building, but I can not find the post now. Thanks a bunch for helping me.

Also, do I have this correct:
When we arrive at GF someone will take us to check in at a CL check in desk.

When do we get unload our bags from the car? Do I call bell services to assist us when we are ready?

We drive and I use a roof rack, so I will not be ready to "unpack" the rack asap. Sorry...I am trying to get an idea of what to expect.....CL is a bit intimidating to me....
You're welcome .

The main building is all CL (RPC) and SL is an outer building that is keyed entry, with all rooms being CL as well.

Someone from CL should be there to take you up to CL (if staying RPC) or to the SL building to check you in. Sometimes if the resort is busy, you will check in at the front desk, but that's only if things are very crazy and hectic with alot of people coming in. We usually arrive by a car service and just go in with our luggage to check in, but there should bellmen outside to help with your luggage.

Hope this helps and I hope you have a great time as the GF is an amazing resort .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #1543
Gitts2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You're welcome .

The main building is all CL (RPC) and SL is an outer building that is keyed entry, with all rooms being CL as well.

Someone from CL should be there to take you up to CL (if staying RPC) or to the SL building to check you in. Sometimes if the resort is busy, you will check in at the front desk, but that's only if things are very crazy and hectic with alot of people coming in. We usually arrive by a car service and just go in with our luggage to check in, but there should bellmen outside to help with your luggage.

Hope this helps and I hope you have a great time as the GF is an amazing resort .
Thanks Mickeynut1 :-). We are surprising my mom with this stay, so I have a great deal of anxiety over staying at a new resort , stay CL and keeping the surprise. :-). Thanks for help!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #1544
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Mickeynut1 :-). We are surprising my mom with this stay, so I have a great deal of anxiety over staying at a new resort , stay CL and keeping the surprise. :-). Thanks for help!
You're very welcome. What a great surprise and such a nice thing to do for your mom . You won't regret the GF as it's a beautiful resort!! Try not to stress, everything will be fine .

Old 06-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #1545
Gitts2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You're very welcome. What a great surprise and such a nice thing to do for your mom . You won't regret the GF as it's a beautiful resort!! Try not to stress, everything will be fine .
Thanks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: