Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #1
weesignlanguage
DIS Veteran

Advice for large group and booking resorts/packages

Hey guys! I have always planned our own trips for my family (of 3) however I am now facing a new challenge. My husband (a children's pastor) is going to be taking a group of children from church along with chaperones to Disney as a reward trip for bible drill competition. I know NOTHING about booking groups.

My husband is hoping to get joining rooms for each set of 2 rooms so that an adult can chaperone two rooms rather than find and pay for an adult for each room.

Obviously this is low budget so we want to stay at the values. No preference. What do you guys recommend? What about discounts and packages? How does that play into a large group booking? We are looking at a 1 day ticket so I don't know if that will work b/c I think most packages require more than a 1 day tix. Basically, our schedule is arrive mid-day on a Friday, do DTD, go to bed, wake up early and do MK all day, go to bed, wake up and make the long drive home to Alabama. The dining plan is probably more economical and simple than dealing with kids and their own personal money so my hubby isn't opposed to that but can you add it to a 2 night stay and 1 day at parks??

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks for helping me out!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
Disfanx4
Mouseketeer

I did a group trip last November and contact the group reservations through disney. They will help with every detail.
Disfanx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
weesignlanguage
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I definitely plan on calling group reservations but would really like some insight from those who have planned trips like this before calling and talking to a CM. A lot of times, CMs don't have all the info and I find that if I get info here first, it makes for a much easier experience on the phone with Disney!
Old 02-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
weesignlanguage
DIS Veteran

Anyone have any advice before I call group reservations? Thanks!
Old 02-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Sorry. Would be happy to help if I could but the biggest trips I have planned are just family - 6 rooms. Didn't do anything differently except just on a bigger scale but I don't think his is the same thing good luck

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015October 8 days poly cl tpvJune 6 days akv- club level March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 3 days Grand Floridian Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: