Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
willeve
Mouseketeer

CBR/CSR comparison?

To any who have stayed at both resorts, how do they compare? We have stayed at CBR but I also liked the look of Coronardo! All opinions welcomed!
willeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
shanejoseph
Mardi Gras Mickey

Very similar!!! Coronado, in my opinion, edges out Caribbean though; food, theme, peacefulness. Hint for both though, spend the extra $ for preferred room! Both resorts are quite massive, which can mean a long hike if you're not close! Just my $0.02!
All-Star Music June '11
Port Orleans Riverside Feb '13
Port Orleans French Quarter Dec '14 - Jan '15

shanejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2014, 04:07 PM   #3
saskdw
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at CBR once and CSR three times. We really enjoyed both places. The single biggest reason we go back to CSR over CBR is the fitness center. If CBR had a fitness center we would probably go back there.

CBR was our first WDW vacation and probably the single best vacation our family ever had. It just seemed like everything went perfect, we enjoyed the resort, the weather was outstanding, adn everything just seemed to fall into place. Things that I liked better about CBR? We had a preferred room in Martinique 25 facing the lagoon which is the best location at CBR IMO. We were right beside the food court and main pool. We were able to watch the Epcot fireworks every night from the beach right outside our door (this is something I really missed during our CSR stays).

CSR has deluxe type amenities that attract us. The fitness center, salon, spa, sauna, night club style lounge, and Business Class room option. Both resorts are beautiful, both are big enough to always find a quiet place to relax. Service and bus service was good at both places.

We have made CSR our Mod resort of choice because of the extra amenities which are all things we make use of, but we would have no problem staying at CBR if CSR was full. If CBR would add the queen beds and fitness center we would be there in a flash!
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

For us...we like CBR just a little better. We liked the theming and the laid back feel. CSR edges out CBR on the food court and pool. Both had great service, including the buses. We wouldn't hesitate to stay at either one again.
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
minnierocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #5
tazadd0420
Fairy Dust is Dangerous

May want to double check, but CBR has full size beds while CSR has queen. That is the biggest diff for us. Close family, just not that close. Lol.
tazadd0420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:55 AM   #6
willeve
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies! We are planning to stay for Christmas week, if that makes a difference. The food options will be important to us, the fitness centre not so much! Loved the theming of CBR, just was thinking somewhere different would be nice. Our last 2trips were to Wilderness Lodge, but that is way too over my Christmas budget. How about location? We are planning to eat at Crossroads as we have always had free dining previously, will it be easy to get to from both locations?
Old 02-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #7
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

W

We stayed at CBR at Christmas and didn't like it. We had a room really far from everything and even after asking to switch we didn't get much closer. I did not like the fact that our room was near enough a busy road that you could see and hear traffic. Also, the theming was just not good for Christmas b/c it was so cold. There were too many bus stops and the resort was really spread out. The food court was good and the room was large. I think I would enjoy it more at CBR in the warmer months and with a preferred room.

We love CSR. Rooms are much nicer with the wooden door, queen beds, theming and foilage better. The pool area was beautiful, as was the whole resort. Food court had fresh made to order food. And we never had any problems with the buses or seating. We were put in ranchos the first night (it was late) but they switched us to cabanas the next day.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #8
boscov
Mouseketeer

No doubt of these two choices, CSR by a mile. CBR is the only resort I truly didn't like. I felt the layout was awkward, the food court was subpar and the full size beds vs queen sized beds is just unacceptable to me. That's my take, good luck!

boscov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #9
willeve
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info! Spoke with my m-i-l who is coming with us and I think we are going for CSR. As we had already stayed at CBR we thought it would be nice to try a new place. Does the convention centre impact much on the resort? Will it be busy over Christmas?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #10
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willeve View Post
Thanks for the info! Spoke with my m-i-l who is coming with us and I think we are going for CSR. As we had already stayed at CBR we thought it would be nice to try a new place. Does the convention centre impact much on the resort? Will it be busy over Christmas?
We have spent 3 Christmas at CSR and loved every minute! There typically isnt any conventions at Christmas time. Last one is usually done by 20th or so and they usually don't start up again until after New Years.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:50 AM   #11
willeve
Mouseketeer

That's good to know! What about area requests? How accommodating are reservations? Which areas would you all recommend?
Old 02-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #12
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I always ask for cabanas b/c I like it there. If you don't get a room you like, call first thing in the morning the next day and usually they can switch you.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #13
cheerforchelsea
DIS Veteran

Have stayed at CBR many times and at CSR only once. Both were very nice but traveling with children I prefer the CBR. Only downside at CSR was the lack of choices in the quick serve food area. Bus transportation pickup at the parks always seemed to be much closer for the CSR and rooms were very nice - more adult themed. I was at CSR Thanksgiving week and there was no convention activity that I was aware of....
5-84 CR, 5-85 CR, 5-96 off-site, 11-98 CBR, 11-99 AS Sports, 1-00 CBR, 11-00 CBR, 11-01 CBR, 3-02 AS Music, 5-02 CBR, 11-02 CBR, 3-03 CBR, 5-03 CBR, 11-03 POR:, 3-04-CBR, 5-04 POR, 11-04 CBR, 3-05 CBR, 5-05 CBR, 7-05 CBR, 11-05 POP, 3-06 POP, 5-06 POP, 8-06 WL, 11-06 CBR, 8-07 POP, 11-07 CBR, 1-08 AKL, 5-08 POR, 6-09 POR, 5-10 POR, 11-10 CBR, 11-11 POFQ, 5-12 POP, 11-12 CSR, 6-13 CBR, 11-13 CBR, 6-14 CSR, 11-14 POR
cheerforchelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #14
Wreck It Ryan
Earning My Ears

DW and I stayed at CSR for our 10yr anniversary this past November and loved it! Not sure if was the time of the year but it was quiet and peaceful. We stayed in a Business Class Rm which was really nice.

DW, 2 DS (8 & 5) and I will be looking to book a December 2014 trip. I'm intrigued by the CBR - Pirate Rooms... any feedback on those rooms? thanks!
Wreck It Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #15
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck It Ryan View Post
DW and I stayed at CSR for our 10yr anniversary this past November and loved it! Not sure if was the time of the year but it was quiet and peaceful. We stayed in a Business Class Rm which was really nice.

DW, 2 DS (8 & 5) and I will be looking to book a December 2014 trip. I'm intrigued by the CBR - Pirate Rooms... any feedback on those rooms? thanks!
Rooms are supposed to be pretty cool. I've seen reports that the beds aren't as comfortable the regular beds. We would never stay in them because they are some of the farthest rooms from the food court/pool area. We had a great stay in a preferred room Dec 2008. Since then CSR has been our resort of choice mainly because of the extra amenities.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: