Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

Caribbean Beach Questions

Anyone know how far the walk is from the food court area to each set of building, like in minutes walked or some other way? Anyone stayed in the pirate rooms, is there a certain one/area to request or are they all right together?

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
mwebb10
WDW Obsessor

Last Summer, my family (DW, DS 7, DD 4) stayed at CBR in the Martinique area (backside of Building 21 -- facing the parking lot). Our room was about as far away from OPR as you could get and still be in Martinique. Leisurely strolling along with my wife and kids, we could make the trip in less than 5 minutes. I would recommend Jamaica Bldgs 44-46 or Aruba Bldgs 51-53... but there was construction/painting going on in these areas last year when we went. I suspect your walk to OPR would'nt be any more than 5 minutes each way from these areas, too.
mwebb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
katt789
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the building directly across from the check in, and were about a 5 min walk away from the food court/main pool.

It was great, as we usually ate breakfast in the room, & had a bus stop right outside our door! The resort is gorgeous and wonderful & one of my favorite moderates!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
ajwolfe
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in the pirate rooms a few years back. The kids loved them and the theme was awesome. However we felt like the walk to the food court was a bit long. It certainly kept us from making too many trips back and forth for soda and such.

Aug. 2000-Holiday Villas
Jan. 2006-ASMO. The perfect trip!!!
Dec. 2008-ASMO. Our first Christmas Trip!
Jan. 2011 -CBR-pirate room, the boys loved it!!
Feb. 2013 - French Quarter was the best!
May 2014 - Riverside with extended family.
ajwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
DisneyAnytime
Mouseketeer

We stayed in the pirate rooms before they were pirate rooms (Trinidad South). We are more leisurely walkers (think more Pooh than Tigger) and it took around 7-12 minutes depending on how many treasures DD found along the way.

We've also stayed in Barbados and really enjoyed it. Straight across the parking lot from Custom House (check in) and around the corner from one of the bus stops. It's about a 5-7 minute walk to Port Royal (food court, shops, main pool)

Although I haven't stayed at each of the island villages, it's a pretty safe bet that walking at a normal pace, your longest walk to Old Port Royal will be about 10-12 minutes and shortest will be about 5. You will always be close to one of the smaller quiet pools and a bus stop, regardless of which section you are in.

Keep in mind this is a very large resort, but don't let that intimidate you. It's size is one of the reasons it is so nice, doesn't feel crowded. All of the islands are spread out around Barefoot Bay (which is over 40 acres, BTW). Each island village has it's own color scheme and slightly different external features. There is a bus stop for each island village plus Old Port Royal. There is also an internal resort bus that goes from village to village and to Port Royal and the Custom House, although walking tends to be just as fast or faster.

DD (12) Anna Drew (14)

Last edited by DisneyAnytime; 02-09-2014 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Re-read OP
DisneyAnytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
Kfamilly
Earning My Ears

We stayed in Aruba this past June. The walk was rather long I thought. We made it to the food court a whopping ONE time because of it. It didn't really bother us a whole lot, but we found we picked the resort based on the main pool, and cool videos of the main resort lobby and such. And we didn't even utilize them really at all!! Haha. Oh well, live and learn. Have a great time, its a really great resort.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: