Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
edk35
DIS Veteran
 
edk35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,814

According to a cast member.... FP+ changing in 3 months. UPDATE post 16

My daughter did the CP and has a friend there now who is still a cast member that was also on the CP with her. This friend is a college program rep at her university now and is on vacation at Disney as we speak. She gets discounts and the CP tickets because she is considered a CP. She arrived at HS this morning and had to get her FP+ thru the kiosks. The cast member told her that the system is changing in 3 months, but for the here and now....explained how it worked TODAY.

SO take it how you want... something might be changing. Hopefully for the better. She texted us and told us IT WAS A MESS having to use the kiosks. You can't link her discounted CP tickets. OH I might add that she was there in Dec. staying at a Disney resort with the same discounted CP tickets BUT BUT BUT...the FP machines were STILL THERE. So not an issue.
__________________

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)

Last edited by edk35; 03-16-2014 at 02:58 PM.
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
WendyWuWu
Mouseketeer
 
WendyWuWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 315

Thanks for the info! Hoping it's working better before my Nov/Dec trip. I'm confident it'll be a great vacation either way.
__________________


Me..Wendy DH..Larry DS..Adam DN...Allie

Offsite..1992; Offsite...1995; POR..2004; CBR...2008; POFQ...2009; WL/BLT...2010; YC...2011; YC...2012; SOG...2013; YC...2014
WendyWuWu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #3
edk35
DIS Veteran
 
edk35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyWuWu View Post
Thanks for the info! Hoping it's working better before my Nov/Dec trip. I'm confident it'll be a great vacation either way.

ME toooooo. We have a trip in Aug.

The conversation she had with the CM was about NOT being able to use a FP at HS and the other ones at MK tonight. SO I am thinking..... now that will be the change.
__________________

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
kmb584
DIS Veteran
 
kmb584's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 4,267

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
ME toooooo. We have a trip in Aug.

The conversation she had with the CM was about NOT being able to use a FP at HS and the other ones at MK tonight. SO I am thinking..... now that will be the change.
That would be a welcome change. We frequently visit 2 parks per day and always utilized legacy FP to cut down wait times for the more popular attractions. Our next trip is in May so here's hoping we can FP+ hop in November!
__________________



Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
edk35
DIS Veteran
 
edk35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
That would be a welcome change. We frequently visit 2 parks per day and always utilized legacy FP to cut down wait times for the more popular attractions. Our next trip is in May so here's hoping we can FP+ hop in November!
I hope so toooo..and add more for each day.
__________________

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #6
MaryKatesMom
DIS Veteran
 
MaryKatesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Clarks Summit PA
Posts: 4,047

Maybe giving us 2 Tier ones in Epcot. I hate having to choose!
MaryKatesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #7
practicallyperfect77
DIS Veteran
 
practicallyperfect77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Peoria Heights, IL
Posts: 1,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKatesMom View Post
Maybe giving us 2 Tier ones in Epcot. I hate having to choose!
I hate the tiers too, but from some of the threads I've seen "the math" just won't work out for guests to get 2 in the same park. What would be interesting is if they allowed FP+ to be used in 2 parks and allowed you to have a tier 1 in each. I could get by with that. Start at Epcot 1 day and ride soarin' or TT and then ride all the other rides. If you get there at RD you can probably get on TT or Soarin' twice before there are crazy lines. You could FP+ the other one later on. Then hop of to HS (I kinda like riding the friendship boat) and then FP+ TSM or RnRC and ToT. Stay for nighttime entertainment if you want. Day 2 start in HS and head to either TSM or RnRC and ride what you can before lines build. FP+ the other ride for later in the day and then at night hop to Epcot where you can FP+ Soarin' or TT and then stay for nighttime entertainment. 3 still isn't enough for me in MK, but if they allowed hopping and allowed a tier 1 in each park, I could get on board with FP+ much easier.

Right now I'm in the planning stages of a trip with my sis, BIL, and their kiddos. As it stands now, we won't get hoppers, but if they change things up we might.
practicallyperfect77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #8
magicbob
DIS Veteran
 
magicbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by practicallyperfect77 View Post
I hate the tiers too, but from some of the threads I've seen "the math" just won't work out for guests to get 2 in the same park.
Disney could do away with tiers, but what the math tells us is that the most popular rides (ex: Soarin' and TT in EPCOT) would run out very quickly and many guests would have ONLY Figment, Captain EO, etc. to choose from. Tiering helps to ensure that most guests will have the option of at least getting one decent FP+ in EPCOT. I don't see them doing away with the tiers in parks that have them because, despite the fact that lots of guests would like being able to FP+ both Soarin' and TT, that would be offset by the dissatisfaction of all the guests who can't get a FP+ for anything except Livin' with the Land, Nemo, and O Canada.
__________________


Ratatouille, the Ride!


magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #9
china mom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 235

I was send the Disney Survey mentioned in another thread and based on the questions, I am convinced that there will be the ability to use fast passes in more than one park, in the future and the opportunity to get more than three fast passes a day.

All of the questions revolved around those two questions and the surveyors were very interested to know if allowing both options would entice me to spend more time in the park.

Of the proposals were:
Once you use three FP, you can book a 4th FP and once that is used, you can keep on getting that additional one

Once you use one FP, you can get another one, allowing you to always have 3 in your pocket.

You can book 3 in advance and subsequent one(s) after 1:PM

BUT, all of the questions indicated that the person taking the survey should assume that there would still be tiering.

There may have been other options but I don't remember them right now. And, again, the survey questions were geared around park hopping, as well.
china mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
Csaks
DIS Veteran
 
Csaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oshawa,Ontario, Canada
Posts: 738

Being Parkhopper fans this is the only drawback I can see with this new system. Passes for only one park doesn't work for us. I hope they change this little pain in the butt.
__________________
CBR Oct/Nov 2014, POR Oct/Nov 2010, CSR -Nov/Dec. 2008, P.O. Riverside- Nov/Dec. 2007, P.O. Riverside- Apr. 2004, All Star Sports- Apr. 2001,
Fort Wilderness- Early 80's

Chris & Amy.
Csaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #11
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by china mom View Post
I was send the Disney Survey mentioned in another thread and based on the questions, I am convinced that there will be the ability to use fast passes in more than one park, in the future and the opportunity to get more than three fast passes a day.

All of the questions revolved around those two questions and the surveyors were very interested to know if allowing both options would entice me to spend more time in the park.

Of the proposals were:
Once you use three FP, you can book a 4th FP and once that is used, you can keep on getting that additional one

Once you use one FP, you can get another one, allowing you to always have 3 in your pocket.

You can book 3 in advance and subsequent one(s) after 1:PM

BUT, all of the questions indicated that the person taking the survey should assume that there would still be tiering.

There may have been other options but I don't remember them right now. And, again, the survey questions were geared around park hopping, as well.
Those survey options were interesting, but it tells us nothing about how the tiers would come into play. If you can't get any more top tier attractions (or do any ride repeats), the "improvements" would be marginal in my opinion. It's all going to boil down to how the details shake out.

But I'm sure we can all agree on one thing......... this is not the final form. And change of some sort is definitely coming.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
Kristina4109
DIS Veteran
 
Kristina4109's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: L.A., baby
Posts: 1,193

Something else about the tier system that bugs me...if you are traveling with only little kids, you're not going to WANT FP+ for the big roller coasters. Currently, you must take one FP+ from tier 1, you don't have the option to take all 3 from tier 3. So that would be nice to iron out. I totally understand that Disney can't risk running out of all FP+ for Test Track, though.
__________________
Permanecer sentados, por favor!
Ich bin ein Disneylander
Por favor, mantenganse alejado de las puertas.
Kristina4109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #13
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran
 
wendybeth75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: KY
Posts: 1,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaks View Post
Being Parkhopper fans this is the only drawback I can see with this new system. Passes for only one park doesn't work for us. I hope they change this little pain in the butt.
I agree, the way we make this work is to go to RD or EMH at one park then move to the "most recommended park" via easyWDW to use FP and dining etc. I almost hate using FP+ at Epcot because it is basically throwing away 3 FP for one ride. Rarely would you need a FP for anything other than TT, Soarin' and very occasionally Maelstrom.
__________________
Wendybeth

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 weekend Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #14
magicbob
DIS Veteran
 
magicbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina4109 View Post
Something else about the tier system that bugs me...if you are traveling with only little kids, you're not going to WANT FP+ for the big roller coasters. Currently, you must take one FP+ from tier 1, you don't have the option to take all 3 from tier 3. So that would be nice to iron out. I totally understand that Disney can't risk running out of all FP+ for Test Track, though.
Allowing the flexibility for families to choose all "secondary" rides would benefit everyone. Families with small children who have no desire to ride the "headliner" would not have to waste one of their FP+s and this would increase availability of FP+ for those who DO want them for those rides.
__________________


Ratatouille, the Ride!


magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #15
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation
 
larryz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 2FAR2MK
Posts: 7,062

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
And change of some sort is definitely coming.
That's the best we can hope for...
__________________
Counting down!


larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.