Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #76
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Hey roomie! Sounds like a great trip so far!!

I have traveled with my 18 year old brother, and I have the same "early mornings" battle. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

What AWESOME food and drinks you got at Epcot! Sweet!

Can't wait to read more!

DWGal210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #77
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Nice update. I think that couple found the perfect person to ask for DIS advice!
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #78
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Love all the Epcot treats and you crack me up with funny pictures! The BCV is such a great place to stay. I can't wait to see it after the refurb!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #79
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Love all the Epcot treats and you crack me up with funny pictures! The BCV is such a great place to stay. I can't wait to see it after the refurb!
Refurb??? Huh? We don't visit WDW very often anymore. Didn't know DCV was being redone. We are trying to decide between AKV and BCV for our Thanksgiving trip this year. This may sway me. Tell me more.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #80
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Tonight we had booked the Candlelight Processional Dining Package at La Hacienda. Well, kind of. While Pods was willing to go to the Candlelight Processional with me, the boys? Well....they would go if they had to. Timmy had sung in our church's Community Choir with me in early December (Handel's Messiah- our second time!) and Tyler had sat through that (his second time!) so, I figured I would let them off for good behavior. I was able to book two of us Candlelight, and two of us regular ADRs at the same time, then ask them to seat us together when we arrived at the restaurant.

There was not much of a wait before we were seated. This was our first time dining at La Hacienda (except for some appetizers and Ritas I had several years ago with my DISmom friends) and I was REALLY looking forward to it! We shared Taquiza - Taco trio featuring rib eye taco with chipotle salsa, roasted chicken taco with salsa verde and Chilorio(marinated pork) taco. - $10.75

We also had Camarones a la Parrilla. Grilled shrimp served over caramelized pineapple and chile de arbol sauce 12.50

And of course, lots of chips, salsa and guac. For dinner, Tyler and I ordered more tacos, Tacos de Camarones - Fried Shrimp, chipotle lime aioli, cabbage, lime and salsa verde, all served over flour tortilla - $22.95

They were soooooooooo delicious! Pods and Tim shared Parrillada (serves 2 people)
- "La Hacienda" Mixed grill offering flank steak, chicken al pastor, chorizo and vegetables, served with beans and fresh salsa. - $49.95

Every one of us was thrilled with our dinners-and that corn on the big platter? I had read it was soo good, and ya know, that is really true! That corn is amazing! Really, the only disappointing thing I have to say about any of it was that we didn't get to sample that delicious sounding Tilapia they have on the menu- guess we need to go back, huh?!

I know we had dessert, but I guess the boys gobbled it up too quickly for me to take a photo! Seriously, I do not know why I ever waited to come here for dinner- we all enjoyed La Hacienda, and can't wait to go back!

After dinner, we went our separate ways again, the boys heading off with some paper TT passes we had gotten earlier in the day, while Pods and I went to the Ditch to play Santa (I always bring my bartender buddies in there chocolate bars when I visit- they are a very nice bunch in that Ditch!). I also had to try a

Coffee Mezcal Margarita

A unique blend of Mezcal and coffee flavors that make this item one of our most interesting Margaritas at La Cava....

Pods was going to try a little-

For the record, Pods always HATED tequila....HATED it...until we came here about 5 years ago. And he tried Anejo- aged tequila- nice and smooth. There was one bartender who wasn't working inside- so I asked, and found out he had been banished to the outside Rita stand during the holidays. WHAT???? Nobody puts Bulmaro in the corner!

He said we were lucky we were there that day, and the day before- the quiet days. He was predicting tomorrow to be much more crowded through New Years. so...yay us! Pods and I did a little meandering through the shops until it was time to head over to the Candlelight Processional- which tonight would be narrated by Blair Underwood. the line of people to get in to the theatre was HUGE!!!! Fortunately, our line for CP Dinner pkg peeps was a bit shorter, and allowed to enter first. I want to say alot of the non-dinner peeps got in, but really I have no idea if they all did, or if only some did, and I am sure it varies by day and by performance. Either way, I was happy to be guaranteed a seat without an hour+ queue for it. Soon the choir and soloists entered...

Back in a minute- time to pick up the boys....

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #81
veggiemama
DIS Veteran

it's been more than a minute..... lol

Never been to La Hacienda. Looks like a great place though with some great food. Yum!

Can't wait to see what CP was like.....

Mom: Laura Dad: John DD: Bethany, 16 DS: John I, 14
PTR 70th Birthday Celebration
Do you know where the kids are? TR of our first Magic cruise

Trips: DL 1985 / WDW 2008: Stayed off site / WDW 2011: AKL and POFQ / DCL 2014: Magic,4 day
veggiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #82
podsnel

So....this concert was so moving! The choir, the soloists, the readings, the orchestra, the TRUMPETS!! How incredibly beautiful!

Click to play-

I was a mess half the time (very joyful, just kinda tear-y), the other half of the time I was texting my musical/spiritual friends, Evie & MEK telling them I wished they were there, they would LOVE it!!

Others on here have taken MUCH better pics than these, I just had my P&S, I hope you get the chance to either see it for yourself, or see some other TR's much better photos!

Sorry everybody-6 hours later, still can't finish the update due to Photobucket issues....GRRRRR......stop holding my pics hostage PB!! Hopefully I will be back to finish tomorrow-

Old 02-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #83
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

I am so glad that you liked La Hacienda!!!!! I think that is my most favorite place to eat at EPCOT! It is so good. Me and Bobby always share the dinner that has the scallops, shrimp and fish. It is so, so good! And I think I usually get the blueberry/basil margarita there. Yummo! But I may have to change next time we go and get those shrimp tacos. Those looked delicious.

And your pictures of the Candlelight Processional are so much better than mine. It was definitely a highlight of our trip.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #84
podsnel

Cross your fingers, I am going to try again before I have to leave in 20 minutes-

They began to sing the Hallelujah Chorus (which is part of Handel's Messiah) and everyone stood, lots of people sang along (including me, I am a 1st soprano, those are some mighty HIGH notes there, Mr. Handel!) and I teared up even further. But in a good way. Mostly.

click to play-

This music is ALWAYS moving to me- but this year, even when I sang it in our concert, I cried a little. You see, my Sister in law, Mariana- you might remember her if you have been reading my TRs a loooooong time- she lives in Ohio with Pods' little brother and their 3 younger sons, they have been to HHI with us 2x, and we always LOVE to be with them....well, Mariana has brain cancer. She has been battling so courageously, and with such great faith and grace through every bit of it, since August 2012 when it was first discovered. But this November, things seemed to be turning for the worse, she bounced back a bit, but now is in a steady decline, and was moved to a nursing facility with hospice care just last night. I know. It is so sad, we love her so much, and we hate this more than you can imagine, for all of them. Anyway, singing this music this year was even more special to me, because of her- I just keep picturing Mariana when I sing, especially during the Hallelujah chorus. Please remember them in your prayers, if you can. So...

Really loved the music (just in case I wasn't clear on that- lol). Pods did too, and he was "only going because I wanted to." Seriously one of my top favorite Disney experiences ever.

Afterwards, we decided to visit France...

And share a seat to fly the friendly skies.....

Visit Canada (can't wait for August- I LOVE Canada!)

And go watch Illuminations (which was so touching with its Christmas message). Some CMs in Canada were putting on their own show-

LOL!!! I LOVE Canada!

Afterwards, it was back to BCV...but first, a pit stop at the Crew's cup over in the Yacht Club-

Had to go, because they make this drink- although it is not on the menu anymore, it is called a Gran Marnier Splash (I think?) and it's sooooooo delicious!

It was made by the MOST entertaining bartender- his name is Bill, he has been there for years- and he has a great story to tell about how he (a teacher from Ohio) became a very happy (and un-snowed upon anymore) bartender for WDW. Go visit! You'll love him!

Ok- have to run, taking a dear friend out for a special birthday lunch!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #85
veggiemama
DIS Veteran

so sorry about your sister in law Mariana - it is so hard to go through that. Definitely in my prayers - you and your whole family. My sister in law passed away 3 years ago to a very rare form of cancer, it was a very sudden diagnosis and she passed away very quickly (4 months after diagnosis) We learned a lot about resting in the Lord and living every moment with grace and love.

The Hallelujah chorus is one of my favs too! I bawled like a baby during that one when we were there. And I'm a 1st soprano too Not sure if I could still hit the highest notes anymore - I don't sing as much as I used to.

Love that the Canadian CM's were doing their own thing. That is truly who were are - all slightly crazy but having fun! Though I have to say the whole plaid shirt thing.... I know it is kind of Canadian from the Hudson Bay company but they really could come up with some better costuming for Canada of today.

Mom: Laura Dad: John DD: Bethany, 16 DS: John I, 14
PTR 70th Birthday Celebration
Do you know where the kids are? TR of our first Magic cruise

Trips: DL 1985 / WDW 2008: Stayed off site / WDW 2011: AKL and POFQ / DCL 2014: Magic,4 day
veggiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #86
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that your sister-in-law is declining. Glad that you were able to visit her last month. Thoughts and prayers sent to her and your whole family.

Thanks for sharing some video. I love music and always get goosebumps when I hear something beautiful like that.

Those tacos look delicious!
Old 02-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #87
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Sorry to hear about your sister in law
I can totally understand how the CP could make you feel so emotional
Your photos are great
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #88
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Enjoying your TR, looking forward to reading more, especially of the cruise! It was a good read while being snowed in!

SOON!! Almost there!

BTW, looks like you have a beautiful home!
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Great update Ellen. And your bar maid at R&C was our waitress on Christmas Day. She was a real sweet girl. My girls enjoyed visiting with her.

I agree! Very sweet!

And the British Invasion is always a fun time.

Yes, so much awesome music, and all done extremely well-

I hope you enjoyed La Hacienda. It is one of my favorite places to eat at EPCOT. There is so much food. Yummmmm.

Sure did! Looking forward to returning!

And I can't wait to see your candlelight processional pictures. Mine didn't turn out the best. And weren't the trumpeters awesome. Well, all of it was but they just blew me away!
They sounded like trumpets from heaven. Yes, they were incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemama View Post
Love the gingerbread Carrousel. We were in WDW at Christmas time in 2011 and a big highlight for me was seeing all the gingerbread decorations. Just love what they create!

I would have loved to have seen the GF too- and I actually thought about going there the first night, after MK, but at some point I need to sleep, LOL!

We did Mars, but only once. We (meaning mostly me!) were very ill after that ride, and we did the 'easy' version! LOL Love you pictures though - looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

I always feel so bad when people get sick on boats or rides. I am very lucky that way, I guess.

CP was awesome when we were there - even though my son fell asleep during it! Can't wait to hear what you thought of it.
Well, now you know- LOVED IT! And so funny your son fell asleep! that's what tyler would have done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Better late than never, eh? Great report. I know what you mean about being so happy, you skip through the lobby. Thats the perfect way to describe the joy of knowing you're just starting a wonderful Disney filled vacation.
Hola chica! I am sure you DO know exactly what I mean- I have met you, and you are DEFINITELY the skipping through Disney lobbies type!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #89
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Do you love Canada?

What a wonderful day. You looked to enjoy yourselves so much. I am loving the food pictures. I just read a TR post on Passporters today and they had a lot of the same food and it looked so good!!!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #90
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

I can see why the CP was so moving for you. SO sorry about Mariana.

Canada/Canadians really are just freakin' awesome right?!

Jealous of Bill the bartender. I want to get away from this snow!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: