Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #376
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Ok- back to Animator's and the truffle purses...

So this was the cruise when I FINALLY realized that you could order a full on dinner portion of those purses, I had been planning on that for a year! But....not to worry, said the wonderful Ali- he would make sure I had the purses before the cruise was over.

DCL pixiedusted AGAIN and.....LOVING IT!!

Tyler was looking so handsome in his Christmas present-

As it was everywhere, Animator's was well decorated for Christmas-

Adorable, right? We were all served the same first course, which was fine, but was no truffle purses to be clear. Animators Workshop Sampler appetizer plate-

I think it was a piece of pork tenderloin, fresh mozzarella, and shrimp. Mickey had something to say-

Click to play-

Then we were all given popcorn soup, I think?-

But I wanted to know, where's the popcorn?

I loved all the animation during the night-

For dinner, Pods and I both had Herb Crusted Veal Chop
Roasted Veal Chop Brushed with Dijon Mustard and crusted with Herbed Breadcrumbs served with Sun-dried Tomato Risotto and a Barolo Wine Sauce

And it was soooooo good. Kinda made me almost glad they didn't have those truffle purses... the boys wanted pasta- Pennete Bolognese
Pennete Pasta mixed with a rich Bolognese sauce garnished with shaved Parmesan Reggiano and Toasted Garlic Ciabatta.

It was time for the show! I know you already saw tyler's, but here are Timmy's and mine so you can see us dancin-

Click to play-

Well, GAWRSH...it seems Mom is not so dellusional AFTER ALL!

It is really cool to see, I have to say. And THEY all had to say AS WELL.

I still don't want to know what his drawing means-

We're famous!!

The boys thought it was really cool, AP was thoroughly enjoyed, by know-it-all teens and grumpy middle aged men, too. The desserts were very creative this night-

Oops- someone already had a bite, PODS.

Next...well, you know. The boys took off, and Pods and I went in search of POP! Over in the Tube....coming up next time!

Last edited by podsnel; 06-17-2014 at 05:47 PM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #377
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Why do I never get the good servers? On our 2010 cruise, Michael, then 4 asked for chicken noodle soup (not on the menu that night) and was very promptly told "No". Even though it's on the room service menu and I think readily available on the ship all the time.

All our other servers have been just o.k. Not a single one ever went out of their way or did anything special really.
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #378
MEK
DIS Veteran

You have been doing some serious updating. I don't even know where to start.

First thing that comes to mind is I have no idea how it can take someone 20-30 to NOT make a drink. That's insanity. Maybe she was on drugs on something. There must be a logical explanation.

Your NYE family pictures are just lovely and I think you really did pick the right restaurant for dinner. The food looks magnificent.

the NYE celebration looked like a lot of fun. It must be lovely to cruise during the holidays. How festive!

So sorry your server got hurt. Maybe he had a little too much NYE himself.

The pictures from port are lovely.

Thanks for all the fab updates!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #379
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Spent a good day reading.
I am really clueless with DCL, I don't know half of what you are talking about.
But I'm learning.

We are suppose to be doing an Alaskan Cruise-this week and next, but we finally purchased our land yesterday and we are signing our contract to build our house tomorrow, so no cruise again to Alaska. My dh has work up in Alaska, and he said he has to go in September and he is going to ask if I can go along----(not at all the same).

That cruise in November sounds neat.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #380
tink,too
DIS Veteran

Good to see you all worked hard at getting your passports stamped! That's something DH and I will have to try on our next cruise.

Loved your formal night NYE outfits.

The popcorn soup has changed since the MV. I've just checked our photos and we were served a small dish of popcorn and a slice of cornbread on the side with our cup of soup.
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #381
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Wow Ellen! You have been an updating Queen! Don't remember everything to comment on.

You all looked so nice in your formal wear, glad Timmy had his priorities straight, what was up with Pods?

NYE looked like such a fun time!

So nice when Mom is right! I'm glad everyone had a good time at Animator's.

That drink menu looks like I might have a hard time getting my passport stamped in London, but everywhere else looked great!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:48 AM   #382
stinksmom
Friends are the family you choose....

I've been AWOL from this TR for too long! I'm loving all the updates. The shore excursion on St. Martin looked wonderful! I'm still regretting that we cancelled the cruise. It will definitely be on my list of things to do soon for a NYE cruise.

Your family looked wonderful all dressed up for NYE! And sounds like everyone had a wonderful night too

I loved your dinner at Animators Palate too! That would be so cool! And JKSWonder mentioned she never gets good servers which is really too bad! Both DCL cruises we went on we had great servers! On our last cruise our server realized the first night that I loved sushi for an appetizer (the tuna with avocado tower thing) and he had plates of it on our table when we got to dinner every night after. I say plates because we had a group of 12.

I can't wait to read more!

Also, Ellen, I will be in NYC for a few days before Labor Day weekend. Going to spend some time at the US Open with my besties. Except two of us are only going to the Open for 1 day and the other 2 are going 2 days. So I am totally open to suggestions on places for dinner etc. We will be staying near Times Square if I'm recalling everything correctly
Old 06-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #383
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen!

What an amazing excursion you had. I would have been exhausted!

I have been so excited to read about NYE on the ship! You got some really nice family pics that night - I love that there is the opportunity to do that. The NYE menu looks very appealing, and all of your choices looked great too.

And cocktails, of course!!! Yay!

The deck party looks so fun! How amazing to be celebrating NYE this way! I am not at all jealous…..

A mostly-ship day sounds perfect for New Year’s Day to me. RELAXING!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #384
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Argh, you didn't get your Truffle Purses :-(
I love the animation magic show in AP but I really dislike the menu on that night
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #385
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Ugh, the video of them dancing won't show up for me. the other one did though.
I was really behind, but all caught up now!

NYE looked like a very fun night. Yay for Timmy and the kiss. I knew as soon as you said he kept his suit on, it was for a girl! Smart boy! Your port days looked fabulous!
That is a disappointment that AP has a semi set menu for the show night. I don't like that option.
Hopefully in the next few years I can get on the Fantasy...and hopefully they change that!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #386
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I can't believe you couldn't get the pursettes!!!! That is my favorite dining room dish!

Looks like a fun evening was had by everyone.

Jill in CO
Old 07-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #387
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I was a bit behind. We spent a week in Orlando off-site, and only hit Legoland. Spent the rest of the time at the pool.

Love the drink around the world! Those all look yummo!

Did you like the dockage in St. Thomas? When we were on the Magic 2 yrs ago we had to tender, and went in to the other side of the port. We didn't have such a long time, as I think you dock late, and leave early at that port? The port day looks nice and mellow!

One suggestion if you ever get back to GC - go to Stingray City! It was fabulous!

Kudos to Timmy for knowing every girl likes a sharp dressed man!

Your pics from NYE are great! It would make a great XMAS card for next year!
Old 07-05-2014, 02:30 AM   #388
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Ellen, thank you for taking a break with updating here, so it was easy for me to catch up after my 10 days of being absent from the DIS!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #389
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

The 2nd one on the left is my jet. LOL.
OH MY! The size of that yacht.
Nice photo of you all dressed up.
Looked like a fun way to ring in 2014.
Never heard of popcorn soup but just found the recipe and will try it.
Animators Palette looked like fun and good for you for being right.
All caught up.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:14 AM   #390
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

What a fun TR! Would love to take a Disney cruise one day... The mixing drink classes look like so much fun!

Your family really knows how to enjoy a vacation The excursion at St. Croix was such a perfect blend of fun times - snorkeling, swimming, drinking, relaxing - my kind of vacation!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: