Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #196
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I love the decorations behind the bar! Match your mate is always so funny! How was the aft cabin for stability? Did you hit any rough water? Looking forward to seeing what you do for your sea days!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #197
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Sounds like a great night out! After dinner we are always so stuffed and exhausted that we have to go back to thw cabin and crash. I can't believe that you made it to 11:45!

The Fantasy sound like a wonderful ship with many fun places to hang out. We are trying the Dream for our first "big ship" cruise in a year and nine days, but who's counting?
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #198
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Ellen! I was so sorry to hear about your Sis in Law. I know you have said how special she was, and I know she is missed so very much.

Thanks Tammie. She was a really incredible woman.

How cool that you could take a "work trip" to WDW and tour the Dream! That is the kind of research to be doing. Looks like you had a great time with some great peeps!
YES!! It is definitely one of the BIG perks of being a Travel Agent, I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
Thank you! Overall pretty well, we have an almost 12 year old son who is my rock!
I am so, so glad to hear that- it gives me hope that Steven and the boys will be ok- I know they are surrounded by wonderful family and friends.... Thank you for sharing, and please stay in touch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Ellen so sorry about your SIL !! She sounds like a remarkable woman.
Loved all your pix of your Disney College !! What exactly do you do??? Are you a TA for Disney??
Thanks Rosie- Mariana was amazing.

In August I decided to go back to work and decided to become a travel agent- so the agency I was fortunate enough to be hired by specializes in Disney vacations- although I have been booking all kinds of vacations other than Disney, too, since I do love to travel EVERYWHERE, lol! Agencies that Disney calls "earmarked" receive special training from Disney- and that is what I was lucky enough to attend, along with about 40 other agents from around the country. It was so much fun, hanging out with a bunch of Disney Uber Geeks for 5 days, learning even more than we already knew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Thoughts and prayers to your family! :group hug: Your words were a moving tribute.

Awww...thank you Beth- I hope they do her justice!

Glad to have you back! I can't wait to see how this whole trip plans out.

I am hoping we can do it again in a couple of years. Shhhh....Pods doesn't know yet!

Your TA trip looked like a great time!

It was so wonderful, and Katie and I had a blast together when we weren't in school! Very fun!

No, I can't remember what I had the first night, but it was either chicken or steak. No seafood for me. We still haven't moved our dummy date yet. Trying to decide if we're going to keep it. I really wish they'd make the window 24 months, as we like to be on the 2 year plan for cruises. It just works better for us.
I agree, I wish it was still 24 months, too. Although now that I got to Gold status, I feel like I am in a race to be Platinum, so trying to squueze in as many as I can as fast as is financially possible! Poor, poor Pods.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I finally got caught up with your TR. I was in Florida for five weeks having a great time escaping the terrible weather.

I saw! Welcome back! I hope Spring has sprung for you- daffodils are blooming here and it has made everyone's mood MUCH MUCH better!

I was so sorry to hear about your SIL. It's always sad when someone loses their life before their allotted time. While we were away friends lost their 16 year old in a really horrific car crash.

Thank you. And that is horribly tragic, I am so deeply sorry for your friends' loss. How are they doing?

Your breakfast was wonderful, I would love to have some of those pancakes.

They were very good! Trying to figure out where to have our bon voyage breakfast in October, since Kouzzina will be closed by then, and that was a no-brainer for us. Maybe across the lake to CG, maybe somewhere at the Swalphin, or actually hoping they open something temporary and very special at the BW.

A seven day cruise is the only way to, anything else is too short.
I know....but the shorter cruises are very good for a fix! Just the week (or longers) offer so much more in terms of variety- in every way- special activities, menus, all kinds of things that you would not be offered on shorter cruises. I feel so very, VERY lucky we are going on another 1 weeker this summer!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #199
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Great picture of you and the hubby!

Thank you! I am looking kinda tired, but ok!

I love the Eastern itinerary too, for that very reason - lots of sea days! Very conducive to sleeping in and laying by the pool.

Yup- really nice to get to relax for a bit before you have excursions planned.

I have yet to catch the Match your Mate game; I should go in August and watch. I hear it's a hoot!
They do this on many cruiselines- it is very, very funny everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
We missed the jugglers and Match Your Mate. I think we were having our first of many martini's in Skyline that night. We will have to catch MYM on our next cruise.

Yes! You had already started "working on your passports".

I love Teesa - hope we get to see her again. She was on our NYC cruise also.

I forgot that you had said that when we were on this cruise- she was hilarious, we loved her too!

We got a drink from that same Ooh La La bartender but I don't remember his name either.
We went to Ooh La La the first two nights- after that we were always "working on our passports" with this other couple in Skyline, so we never went back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Match your Mate is always so fun!!

Looks like a nice night, with some tasty drinks!!
I agree! It's a blast, and the oldest couple is ALWAYS hysterical!!

They have the BEST cocktails on DCL, don't they? LOVE that there are so many unusual ones to try-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I want to do Match Your Mate. My shy Mike would rock at that because he's so quiet, but then busts out with some of the funniest things you ever heard.

You guys would be awesome!!! We tried to volunteer on another cruise and got laughed at because we had only been married 20+ years- we are in the in-between being on the stage age. Guess we will have to wait 20+ more years to get up there and humiliate ourselves. Darn!

I think that towel animal is a walrus. With tusks. Definitely.
I think you are right! I was thinking walrus or seal, but ultimately this question was too difficult for me to answer at that point and I just went to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I love the decorations behind the bar! Match your mate is always so funny! How was the aft cabin for stability? Did you hit any rough water? Looking forward to seeing what you do for your sea days!
The decorations were EVERYWHERE- I am looking forward to seeing the Dream in Oct when it is all set up for Halloween-We were fine for stability, it is a big ship with stabilizers (those make a big difference on any ship). But we like the movement, so I might not be the best to judge. No rough water except when we were trying to get into CC, I think- again, I don't really remember anything awful, but I like it to be moving out there. And our sea days were GREAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Sounds like a great night out! After dinner we are always so stuffed and exhausted that we have to go back to thw cabin and crash. I can't believe that you made it to 11:45!

Well, YOU would still be dealing with the time change- that is rough for sure! And I think we made it past 12-

The Fantasy sound like a wonderful ship with many fun places to hang out. We are trying the Dream for our first "big ship" cruise in a year and nine days, but who's counting?
LOL- gotta love the countdown. I think you will love the Dream- we will be on our 3rd cruise on her this fall (although it will be Pods' first voyage on her). The Fantasy was CRAZY amazing, though- my favorite ship ever. But we will see what I think after I am on the newly reimagined Magic next Spring- I hear that is incredible!Really, they are all amazing- the service is just the best, the food is delicious, the drinks are fantastic- oh wait- Disney is for kids, right? Yea, that kid stuff rocks TOO!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #200
MEK
DIS Veteran

That cocktail looks enticing with all the bubbles in the background.

Both shows you saw look really fun. I wonder how Denny and I would fare on such a game. We are almost that couple that has been together since the dinosaurs.

Cute picture of you and Pods.

Love all your updates and yay for a new one!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #201
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
We went to Ooh La La the first two nights- after that we were always "working on our passports" with this other couple in Skyline, so we never went back....
I wonder who that was?? Those were some good drinks!!

Do you know if they have a Passport on the Dream and if your friend Alex will be on the Dream in June? If so we will have to look her up.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #202
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That cocktail looks enticing with all the bubbles in the background.

We will put it on our must do list for October! It is my favorite Champagne drink ever-

Both shows you saw look really fun. I wonder how Denny and I would fare on such a game. We are almost that couple that has been together since the dinosaurs.

No you aren't. We don't even come close at 28 years (this June). They want people who are married 40+ years- and if you are one of those couples, then WOW! You got married REALLY young!!

Cute picture of you and Pods.

Love all your updates and yay for a new one!
Thanks and YAY!

Quote:
I wonder who that was?? Those were some good drinks!!

Sooooooo good.

Do you know if they have a Passport on the Dream and if your friend Alex will be on the Dream in June? If so we will have to look her up.
As of right now there is no passport on the Dream- it is one of those special Fantasy things- which is SO sad- because I REALLY want to keep working on my Passport- it's the best job ever, even better than being a TA!

And no, Alex is not on the Dream- she and Oscar moved back to Romania before Christmas. She is a doll, I will really miss her in Pink and in Skyline when we go!
Old 04-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #203
podsnel

I was up bright and bushytailed- and alone- so I got dressed and decided I would go down to Royal Court all by myself for breakfast- REALLY looking forward to some Muesli, however inferior it may be to the Muesli that is served on the Dream.

Here it is-

It was nice and cold, but it was lacking in bananas on top. Still yummy, though, I love this breakfast. I also ordered The Big Breakfast- woah.

Big? Try super gi-gundo breakfast. How about that? This thing was huge, and I barely made a dent- muesli is very filling. This is described as, "a large filled omelet on savory toast with grilled tomatoes, bacon and baked beans topped with carmelized onions." Very tasty- I suggest when you try it, you bring some friends.

After breakfast, i stopped to admire the Gingerbread house-

That elf looks lonely....she needs a friend. Just sayin....

Back on Deck 9, everyone was still busy sleeping, so I put on my sneakers and did a ton of laps around Deck 4 to do some exercise- I ran into pillow, and we had a nice chat about the best vacation EVER, a cruise. I also told her i had already booked my vacation for the summer, a Wonder cruise to ALaska- which she said she was contemplating. I always liked running into her (which I often did on this cruise), she was always smiling and fun to talk with.

A few more laps later, I was back upstairs for a shower, and lo and behold, I had a husband and at least one son to talk to! We eventually ended up at lunch in Cabanas,

Clearly, we had to eat, because right after we finished, it was time to head over to Meridian for our first drinking lesson of the cruise, Martinis!

And that was just for PODS! Bring it!

LOL- really it was for 4 people- we were taking a LOT of drinking lessons this cruise with Kristi and Steve. Did I mention that we signed up on the first day, in La Piazza? We booked this one and 2 others when we were there- there was a line of people doing the same, and I was a little freaked we wouldn't get in to the same ones as the Mcs, but it all worked out in the end.

More pictures of minitinis-

Well, Kristi was a great student, that's for sure!

Our fearless instructor, Gilbert from St Vincent-

Pillow and DH were throwin 'em back pretty good too!

I was starting to wonder how many people in this class really needed to take lessons. Ya know what I'm sayin?

Rosanna, Rosanna.....

Then one drinker, FAR FAR more skilled and experienced than most, was chosen to go up front and show us how it's done.

Although he tried his BEST to use that Louis the XV VSOP, Gilbert (of St Vincent acclaim) made for a decent enough sized road block between my beloved and the big bucks, high class hooch up there on the special shelf in Meridian. Sticking with what he knows best, our boy, Pods, proceeded to pour Grey Goose to a count of 30....

106 mississippi, 107 mississippi.....

He was then encouraged to maybe add something else for flavor. Here is where it all fell apart, my friends, because there are about 3 drinks Pods can make- beer, wine (preferably with a screwtop) and vodka on the rocks. He has got those DOWN, I tell ya! But when it comes to higher mixology (you know- "with a twist" or "and tonic") he usually gets all flustered and defers to moi.

You can't make this stuff up.

Sorry it's blurry, i think I was snorting some chocolate tiny tini out my nose I was laughing so hard when I took the pic.

Shake it up, baby!

Then it was time to taste- he was AWFULLY impressed with himself-

Will he EVER come out from behind that bar????

Apparently not. YAY! More room in the bed for ME!

Damn.

Well, I tasted his creation, and I say, don't quit your day job there, Pookie!

All that studying made us tired, so it was out on deck after that for a little RnR......

coming soon!

Last edited by podsnel; 04-12-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #204
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

That's too funny about Pods and the martini! I'm pretty good at beer and wine (even with a cork), and I can do vodka neat. I'm not so sure how good at Mixology I would be either. Love those minitinis! I can't wait to go on another cruise!

Unfortunately even when we had the cruise here out of California, I still couldn't make it anywhere after dinner! I guess it's all those minitinis!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #205
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

All caught up
I need to get myself an Elderbubble in June, it sounds delicious!
Glad to see you and Pods took your "studies" seriously in your martini lesson
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #206
pillow
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh . . . reading this made me laugh so hard. It was even more fun reliving it. And to be honest . . . this was the very first martini I ever had! Seriously . . . not making it up! I swear!

I enjoyed meeting you too, and I hope we run into each other on another cruise one of these days.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #207
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Oh what fun we had in our classes!

Old 04-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #208
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Yes Ellen they will definitely get stronger! It honestly took me about 1 1/2 years to kind of try to start really living again! I'm fortunately able to be a stay at home Mom now which means I'm here for him all the time, but I have ME time too! And I can definitely credit my amazing friends and family with a lot!

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:07 AM   #209
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Oh what fun we had in our classes!

I'm liking those empty glasses. Looks like a great time. Remind me not to let Pods make me a drink when we meet.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #210
TopRowSeat
Married to a DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Well, Kristi was a great student, that's for sure!

LOL! One of my favorite pics of the cruise. Kristi looks like she has had far too many. I know she hates this one

'00 Dixie Landings + DCL (Wonder) / '06 WL / '08 POFQ / '10 BLT / '11 DCL (Magic) / '12 DCL (Magic) / '13 AKV / '13 DCL (Fantasy) / '14 HHI / '14 DCL (Dream) / '15 DCL (Wonder)
TopRowSeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: