Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #181
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

[QUOTE=Grumpy's Wife;51140728]
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Well YAY! Welcome back! And thank you! So did you book? Where are you going? It really is the BEST vacation- I can't say enough good things about it-

We booked a 4 night on the Disney Dream for next May. I really want to do a 7 night on the Fantasy but since my kids have never cruised we are trying a 4 night out first. I'm such a planner and list maker, I'm having so much fun reading and learning from all you experienced cruisers.

I think that's smart- to try shorter first, then go longer next time. Congratulations!!

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear sister in law. She sounded like a truly remarkable lady. I'm sure she's in a better place now.
Yes- on all of that. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
So sorry about your SIL. What sad news to come home to. She sounds like she was a wonderful person. Prays for you and all of her family.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

Your travel agent trip looked both fun and successful. I still want to try that slushie!
Of course you HAVE to try the slushie!! It is incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I am so sorry for your loss friend.

Thanks, Jenny. We all lost.

I'm with Alison and would like to know more about the travel agent trip. Who is it through?
It was through Disney- it is offered several times a year to Travel Agencies who are Earmarked- so we met TAs from all over the country, all of them Disney Geeks! So fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Jen, I don't want to speak for you ladies, you both looked great - but I CAN attest I looked like death that night. I was SO TIRED.

AEP is NOT for late risers, huh!

We got a great parade viewing spot right in front of Tony's, and we stood right behind a garbage can so no one would be in front of us.
I loved that spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
We had SUCH a great time!! I knew I would like you, Ellen, but I feel like we really became good friends! Can't wait to see you again!

Ditto! See you at our next AEP! Hopefully this fall!

I'm so sorry about your sister in law, she sounds like a beautiful woman. I'll continue to pray for her husband and children.
Thanks Katie- very grateful to you-
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #182
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Sorry about your SIL Ellen - love and hugs from England xxx
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #183
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Prayers to you and your family. I lost my husband at the age of 45 almost 2 years ago. He bravely fought GBM for 22 months, and like your sister in law lived every last day to the utmost!

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #184
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Sorry about your SIL Ellen - love and hugs from England xxx
Thanks so much Linda- love and hugs back to you from the US-
Old 04-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #185
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
Prayers to you and your family. I lost my husband at the age of 45 almost 2 years ago. He bravely fought GBM for 22 months, and like your sister in law lived every last day to the utmost!
Thank you VERY MUCH- I am so sorry for your great loss! Mariana was 49- both seem so young, right? Good for him living his life to the utmost- 22 months is amazing! BIG BIG hugs- how are you doing, 2 years later?
Old 04-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #186
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! I was so sorry to hear about your Sis in Law. I know you have said how special she was, and I know she is missed so very much.

How cool that you could take a "work trip" to WDW and tour the Dream! That is the kind of research to be doing. Looks like you had a great time with some great peeps!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:46 AM   #187
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Thank you VERY MUCH- I am so sorry for your great loss! Mariana was 49- both seem so young, right? Good for him living his life to the utmost- 22 months is amazing! BIG BIG hugs- how are you doing, 2 years later?
Thank you! Overall pretty well, we have an almost 12 year old son who is my rock!

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #188
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Ellen so sorry about your SIL !! She sounds like a remarkable woman.
Loved all your pix of your Disney College !! What exactly do you do??? Are you a TA for Disney??
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #189
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Thoughts and prayers to your family! :group hug: Your words were a moving tribute.

Glad to have you back! I can't wait to see how this whole trip plans out.

Your TA trip looked like a great time!

No, I can't remember what I had the first night, but it was either chicken or steak. No seafood for me. We still haven't moved our dummy date yet. Trying to decide if we're going to keep it. I really wish they'd make the window 24 months, as we like to be on the 2 year plan for cruises. It just works better for us.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #190
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I finally got caught up with your TR. I was in Florida for five weeks having a great time escaping the terrible weather.

I was so sorry to hear about your SIL. It's always sad when someone loses their life before their allotted time. While we were away friends lost their 16 year old in a really horrific car crash.

Your breakfast was wonderful, I would love to have some of those pancakes.

A seven day cruise is the only way to, anything else is too short.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #191
podsnel

An update!! WOOHOO!!!! After our delicious dinner, we headed over to The Tube for some Adult entertainment- tonight there was a Juggling Act, Paul Dimuzio, followed by Match your Mate, which, as always, was HILARIOUS!!!

The juggling act was a married couple-

The guy in the middle was a passenger- I actually did not believe he was a random pick when I saw the show, I mean, the guy didn't flinch, and his facial expressions were PRICELESS- but I ran into him on deck another day, and he said that yes, he was definitely just a guy in the audience, not a guy that did this for a living, he had just been there early and the act spoke with him before hand when they asked him if he wanted to participate. Have to say, we were impressed by this act, but we were also SUPER impressed by this guy in the middle who never flinched no matter what they threw at him!

Match your Mate was awesome- a honeymoon couple (of course- they were adorable), a couple together for just a little while longer (Pods thought they seemed like they had been practicing their answers before hand), and the married longer than the dinosaurs roamed the earth couple- THEY were HILARIOUS!!!!! OMG!!! The things they said!!

The MC was Teesa- LOVED Teesa- she was SOOOOO funny!! Every night!! After these shows DJ Z came out at 11:45- we decided to check out Ooh La La instead, a little tired for dancing this first night.

And I think this is the only photo I have of him, and now I forget his name, but this was the REALLY nice bartender who worked there.

Sorry. I always say I am going to take notes...and then I don't! Or, actually, I don't take COMPLETE notes.

My cocktail of choice was an Elderbubble...

Champagne, St Germain, vodka. One of the best cocktails ever. But then I think you could pour St Germain on anything and it would rock!

Pods enjoyed a glass of wine.

After that, it was time for bed...at least for Mom and Dad. The youngins were up to all hours with their new friends. Looks like I stopped by a bathroom on the way back upstairs to our AFT cabin (which is EXTREMELY convenient at night- if you go to any of Europa, because Europa is AFT as well).

Back in the quiet AFT cabin-

ANd look where we're going for dinner tomorrow!

No idea what's up with that towel animal- he does look happy to see us though!

We were pretty tired going to bed that night- but I really LOVE the Eastern itinerary...2 great big sea days were up after this- so no rush to wake up in the morning! Just GREAT zzzzzzzzz's on the rocking ship!

Back soon with more....

Old 04-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #192
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Great picture of you and the hubby!

I love the Eastern itinerary too, for that very reason - lots of sea days! Very conducive to sleeping in and laying by the pool.

I have yet to catch the Match your Mate game; I should go in August and watch. I hear it's a hoot!

DWGal210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #193
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

We missed the jugglers and Match Your Mate. I think we were having our first of many martini's in Skyline that night. We will have to catch MYM on our next cruise.

I love Teesa - hope we get to see her again. She was on our NYC cruise also.

We got a drink from that same Ooh La La bartender but I don't remember his name either.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #194
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Match your Mate is always so fun!!

Looks like a nice night, with some tasty drinks!!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #195
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I want to do Match Your Mate. My shy Mike would rock at that because he's so quiet, but then busts out with some of the funniest things you ever heard.

I think that towel animal is a walrus. With tusks. Definitely.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: