Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #166
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Beautiful tribute to your SIL. Continued prayers to you and your whole family during this time.

Thanks, Kristi- I appreciate that so much.

You look like you had a great time on your AEP trip. Love the picture of you and Mickey.
We did! It was a lot of early rising (which is not my "thing") but it was well worth it- they offer them at DLR and on DCL, too- can't wait to do those- I hope I can do the DCL one next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
So what does AEP stand for anyway?

Agent Education Program.

It looks like you had a marvelous trip! And nice that you learned so much!

Yes! It was really good- one of the best things was visiting the resorts- we really got to see the differences between Value, Moderate, Deluxe and the Villas. And OMG- be VERY excited about your next trip staying at VGF- I can't wait to book it! I could have switched our fall stay to it in Oct- but ended up staying with BWV because of F&W. Next time!Maybe!

You had me in tears with the tribute to you SIL. So glad that everyone was there for her and each other.
Thanks Alison- I did not mean to make anyone cry. She was such a great person. More good deeds and kind acts than you could possibly count-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG Ellen - you totally just made me tear up! I am so very sorry for your loss. Sometimes I swear that only the strongest people and the most special people have cancer. I don't think they instantly turn tough when they get the diagnosis. They were just tough all along and cancer makes them totally step up and take charge and respond in remarkable ways. Your sister in law sounds pretty special. Over the last 9 months (since starting my new job) I made friends with a young man (mid 30's) whose wife recently passed from gliobastoma (in September) and she was so gorgeous and vibrant its almost hard to believe she is gone.

I'm sorry MEK! For making you get teary and for the loss of your friend's wife. How is he doing?

Your work trip sounds like so much fun! I really still want to be a TA, but I've got to stick it out in my current job. Still, it looks like so much fun. Thanks for posting pictures of all your fun and your great rooms. How fun to stay at AoA, the YC, and OKW all in the same trip. Cynthia and I will be at OKW in a month!!!!! Woo hoo!

You can do both- just be comfortable in the first job before you take on the TA stuff. It is a really fun job- it also has me wanting to go on about 50x the trips I usually want to- for Spring Break I have people going to Beaches in T&C, on a Magic Cruise/WDW stay (both 1st time!) and another family going to ST Lucia for 8 days- I want to do them ALL!!!

What's up with the Gurgling suitcase? I love that place? They remodeled and made it smaller! Is that even possible? Can't wait to have a Turtle Krawl (or two).

No idea- they all are kind of confused about it- I think they expect people to sit outside or something.

So excited about the October cruise. Denny is totally on board with the food tour of Nassau. Just tell me when to get buy the tickets! It's going to be SO. MUCH. FUN!
EXCELLENT! I will tell you when to book- we don't need to yet, maybe in a few weeks. Doesn't that tour look SO COOL!!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #167
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
EXCELLENT! I will tell you when to book- we don't need to yet, maybe in a few weeks. Doesn't that tour look SO COOL!!!
Are you doing the Tru Bahamian Food Tour in Nassau? We booked this for our 3-night cruise in June. I saw it on TripAdvisor and it looked like a neat way to learn some history and taste some yummy food.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #168
podsnel

Quote:
Are you doing the Tru Bahamian Food Tour in Nassau? We booked this for our 3-night cruise in June. I saw it on TripAdvisor and it looked like a neat way to learn some history and taste some yummy food.
Yes!!! I saw it a year ago when I was going on the Dream with Timmy- and while I knew it wasn't something he would want to do, I did think it would be perfect for our upcoming all adult cruise (Timmy can be a picky eater). I LOVE the movie!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #169
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes!!! I saw it a year ago when I was going on the Dream with Timmy- and while I knew it wasn't something he would want to do, I did think it would be perfect for our upcoming all adult cruise (Timmy can be a picky eater). I LOVE the movie!
Cool! I will let you know how it is. I'm looking forward to the stop at the Chocolate place

I so wish we could do the cruise in October with you - it would awesome - but the schedule does not work. We WILL get together again some time.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #170
podsnel

Quote:
Cool! I will let you know how it is. I'm looking forward to the stop at the Chocolate place

I so wish we could do the cruise in October with you - it would awesome - but the schedule does not work. We WILL get together again some time.
We just booked a 5 night Magic May 10th- it would make a REALLY nice Mother's Day gift!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #171
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry about your SIL - she sounds like a wonderful person who will be very, dearly missed.

My 2013 trip report! Makiní our way, itís an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #172
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
Sounds great! Just say the word.

My friend seems to be doing well on the outside. He is one of these guys who is very gregarious and knows everyone at work. But I know that on the inside he must still be very torn apart. He's known his wife since high school but I don't think they started dating until post college. I wish I had known him better before his wife was so sick. It's hard to meet someone and their wife dies like a month later. What do you say? Sorry just doesn't seem to cut it.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #173
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

First off I am so sorry to hear about your SIL. I am sure she is in a better place now, but it is still hard on all those she has left behind.

I am loving your parade photos...but were you standing in the middle of the street? It looks like you got head on pictures. We loved that parade. We saw it twice and both times were fabulous! Did the Dragon blow fire? the first time I did not see it, but the 2nd time I did.

It was great running into you...almost literally. We were at the right spot at the right time! it was great to see you again, even though we were all super tired. I had a fleeting thought of a picture, but I knew we were all so tired and we probably would all look like death in it anyways.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #174
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Looks like a great trip and I bet it was nice to see Lonnie again...She is so much fun!!!

They are making the GS smaller?!?!?!?! I didn't think that was possible!

What a beautiful tribute to your SIL. She sounds like she was a very special person.

Jill in CO
Old 04-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #175
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

[QUOTE=podsnel;51135811]

Well YAY! Welcome back! And thank you! So did you book? Where are you going? It really is the BEST vacation- I can't say enough good things about it-

We booked a 4 night on the Disney Dream for next May. I really want to do a 7 night on the Fantasy but since my kids have never cruised we are trying a 4 night out first. I'm such a planner and list maker, I'm having so much fun reading and learning from all you experienced cruisers.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear sister in law. She sounded like a truly remarkable lady. I'm sure she's in a better place now.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #176
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

So sorry about your SIL. What sad news to come home to. She sounds like she was a wonderful person. Prayers for you and all of her family.

Your travel agent trip looked both fun and successful. I still want to try that slushie!

Last edited by JKSWonder; 04-08-2014 at 01:27 PM.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #177
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I am so sorry for your loss friend.

I'm with Alison and would like to know more about the travel agent trip. Who is it through?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #178
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
First off I am so sorry to hear about your SIL. I am sure she is in a better place now, but it is still hard on all those she has left behind.

I am loving your parade photos...but were you standing in the middle of the street? It looks like you got head on pictures. We loved that parade. We saw it twice and both times were fabulous! Did the Dragon blow fire? the first time I did not see it, but the 2nd time I did.

It was great running into you...almost literally. We were at the right spot at the right time! it was great to see you again, even though we were all super tired. I had a fleeting thought of a picture, but I knew we were all so tired and we probably would all look like death in it anyways.
Jen, I don't want to speak for you ladies, you both looked great - but I CAN attest I looked like death that night. I was SO TIRED.

We got a great parade viewing spot right in front of Tony's, and we stood right behind a garbage can so no one would be in front of us.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #179
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

We had SUCH a great time!! I knew I would like you, Ellen, but I feel like we really became good friends! Can't wait to see you again!

I'm so sorry about your sister in law, she sounds like a beautiful woman. I'll continue to pray for her husband and children.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #180
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
I'm sorry about your SIL - she sounds like a wonderful person who will be very, dearly missed.
Thank you so much Julie- you are correct- she is very missed by many....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Sounds great! Just say the word.

Excellent! It will be so fun!

My friend seems to be doing well on the outside. He is one of these guys who is very gregarious and knows everyone at work. But I know that on the inside he must still be very torn apart. He's known his wife since high school but I don't think they started dating until post college. I wish I had known him better before his wife was so sick. It's hard to meet someone and their wife dies like a month later. What do you say? Sorry just doesn't seem to cut it.
I'm so sorry- and yes, sorry doesn't cut it- but it is something, which is better than saying nothing. So sad all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Thanks Jen- I agree, and she even agreed, she is in a better place now. But definitely hardest on those who are left behind- my BIL seems fine, so do the boys, but I still worry about them.

I don't remember any fire- and now I do remember reading that there was- maybe because of where we were standing? Which, as Katie said, was a great spot- when you stand behind a garbage can, no one can stand in front of you! But I got only 1 bad pic of Anna & Elsa- YOUR pics are AWESOME of them!!

I KNOW!!! I just wish we could have had more time together- I was SO TIRED- and then I ended up chatting in bed until like 2- how crazy!! And I thought you looked great! All happy and smiles as usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Looks like a great trip and I bet it was nice to see Lonnie again...She is so much fun!!!

HAHA- yes, Lonnie is very easy going, and will do anything unless it involves a roller coaster, lol-

They are making the GS smaller?!?!?!?! I didn't think that was possible!

Oh, it is possible and it has been done.

What a beautiful tribute to your SIL. She sounds like she was a very special person.

Jill in CO
Mariana was amazing- thanks for thinking of her-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: