Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2014, 04:35 PM   #151
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I'm so glad I found this trip report. I've really enjoyed reading all your others. I'm waiting on the 2015 dates to be released so I can book a cruise for our family. I've been reading all the cruise trip reports and can't wait to experience it myself.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:13 AM   #152
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile ** OH..... 4 THe LUV OF DISNEY!......**

Hot temps one day down here in DFW.......

next day, temps below 32......

Hmmm......
I feel like I am going thru "THE CHANGE"
and it stinks!!

ANYWHO -
YOUR TR HAS JUST BRIGHTENED MY DAY!!
THANK YOU.

Gettin' caught up -

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers Y'all
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #153
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yay for boarding and being on your way. Thanks for all the great pictures from the kids areas. So very cool! And those bathrooms - so, so adorable!

Oh - and I love the group shot. Smart idea to arrange your meet early on.

Nothing like a special drink to toast sail away.

Dinner looks marvelous. How nice that you got to sit together as a family and have some quiet time.

The Christmas decorations are all just stunning. It must be really fun to cruise during the holidays.

Great updates!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:25 AM   #154
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Ah, I can feel the excitement in every single post! LOVE that you were unpacking for a week. The shorter ones just aren't long enough. I have zero advice on printers for magnets, I've given up. That and iron on transfers. Forget it.

What a fun and HUGE meet. 1000 DVC members? What is that...1/5 of the whole manifest? More?

I'd have wanted to meet Kristimc and her hubby too

I love that Santa just "happened" to give the boys coordinating shirts that they could use on the cruise

Love even more that they are finding friends right away, you are right, you can't ask for more!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #155
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

The Fantasy is a beautiful ship!

That was a big meet and greet!

Great first night dinner. That souffle looks yummy!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #156
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Dinner looks great!
I love all the Christmas decor too. One of these days I will sail the Fantasy and one of these days I will see Holiday decor on the ships!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:39 AM   #157
MrsJames
Earning My Ears

That is SOOOO great that you met/made new friends...what a blast. Hubby and I are hoping for the same experience!
Can't wait to read more!!!
1st Disney Cruise (Wonder): January, 2012~ Grand Californian: July, 2012~ Aulani: November, 2012 (kidless)~ AKV: December 31, 2012~ Grand Californian: July & November 2013~ Aulani: June, 2014~ Fantasy: January, 2015
DVC (Aulani & AKL) member since: January, 2012
MrsJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #158
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

SO.....Hi everyone- I apologize AGAIN for being MIA for so long- March was a busy, busy month. First, I was away for a week- down in WDW for my first AEP- I had a GREAT roomate, Katie, who works for the same agency I do.

We toured lots of resorts and the Disney Dream, had many great meals, and learned so much- plus met some really wonderful people- all while staying in a GORGEOUS room at the Yacht Club (plus one night at AoA). I followed it up with one last night at OKW with my BFF Lonnie, and didn't fly out until as late as possible (after 9 pm!). Here are some pics from that experience.....

Slept in beds in our adorable AoA Little Mermaid room-

First things first- La Vie en Rose Slushie JUST for F&G- oh soooooo yum!

Yummy mussles at Citricos-

Our enormous and elegant corner room at the Yacht Club-

One of our tours- we ALL drooled over the new villas at the GF- DROOLED as in PUDDLES- they are beyond beautiful, and FIVE in a studio!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!

Our excellent lunch at AoA's Landscape of Flavors- I think I had Tandoori Chicken? It was delish!

It's AoA, but it looks like Carsland in Ca to me!

Festival of Fantasy Parade- BEAUTIFUL!!!

BEST Tink EVER!! SO SUPER SAUCY!!!

Cont'd next post....

Last edited by podsnel; 04-06-2014 at 06:26 PM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #159
podsnel

We enjoyed some RnR time in Stormalong Bay...

Knocked off some more 1st time restaurants (for us) like Nine dragons- this was Peppery Shrimp-

Breakfast at Cape May Cafe with a GREAT group!

And the BEST BEST BEST server in the place- Dorothy-

A tour of the Dream- we were FIRST on!!!

Unfortunately, we were also first off, but it was a nice tease all the same- AND we got to see the Concierge floor- woah. Gotta figure out how to convince Pods about THAT one someday!

The CLEARLY superior Chandelier-

Remy-

The characters were EVERYWHERE we went!

Yum for lunch in Cabanas! So weird to be at this lunch....and then leave! That was the hardest thing!!

We LOVED these girls- this was pre- duck attack, lol.

This was at Illuminations, we had a special viewing area in UK and dessert.

On Friday, we all got our Diplomas from the College of Disney Knowledge-

Then Katie and I went off to celebrate with....

Seriously the best slushie in the universe!

Epcot was gorgeous with Flower and Garden going on-

We shared a Piggylicious cupcake...it was...very different, we both thought...

Then we headed over to DAK, because Katie couldn't WAIT to ride EE...lol....

And we had to see Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade one last time before it goes away...

Cont'd next post...

Old 04-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #160
podsnel

My BFF Lonnie was waiting for us at AKL- we were having dinner in Sanaa-

It was great as usual, the bread service with all the dips is one of my favorite things to eat on earth- but I tried the fish that is slow cooked in gravy- it was Mahi- and did not like it. Which was ok, because the rice and the Butter Chicken were still fantastic. We dropped Katie off at POFQ after our meal, ran into Jen Seib (who we also work with) and daughter Claire, messed up and forgot to take a photo! Grrrr....then went over to OKW for the night, where Lonnie and I paid a visit to the temporary Gurgling Suitcase for a Turtle Krawl (or actually for 2) then stayed up until the wee hours chatting and catching up.

The next day, we hit Epcot, and tried some lunch at Spice Road Table, the new restaurant on the water in Morocco. I encourage EVERYONE to visit this great addition to WS- our samplers were fantastic- as were our cocktails (I had a strawberry frozen drink, Lonnie had a Sparkling Sangria).

YUMMMMM...

The day flew by and we returned to OKW for my DME, but not before having dinner at Olivia's. Which was very reasonable, and quite yummy. My scallops and grits-

Afterwards, we waved goodbye to Joe, everyone's favorite bartender, who was outside in his temporary location-

A peek in at the newer, smaller GS-

Can't quite figure that one out, but, oh well....

SO...that about sums up my trip there- but......unfortunately, that is not all I did last month when I was busy. When I crawled into bed that night at home, Pods rolled over gave me a kiss, and informed me that my dear Sister in Law, Mariana, had passed away earlier in the evening- she had been battling brain cancer (she had a glio blastoma) for 20 months, and it was finally over. You may remember this sister in law of mine, because she has been in a couple of my TRs from HHI- she was married to Pods' younger brother, Steven, and their 3 boys, Daniel, Drew and Joey are adorable every single one. Mariana was the most courageous woman (I know everyone says this, but she REALLY was- when she was diagnosed with a terminal illness, she was the first one to speak in the room, and she said, "I am ok with this diagnosis- I am going to live out my days and make everyone count, and I am going to have faith in God that it will all work out the way it is supposed to. I am not afraid." She was a remarkable, incredible woman, who we all loved dearly. She had the most incredible faith in God, and she was beyond inspirational to everyone who knew her. Can't even say she will be missed, because that is not even close to how we all feel. And she truly was not afraid, her faith was that strong. Just a beautiful, beautiful person. So a few days after I got home from Fla, we flew to Ohio (Pods & I and Timmy and Tyler), along with all the brothers from NJ and Florida, to say goodbye. It was sad, but it was inspirational- she had such a great, great family in Ohio, and from elsewhere, and she was truly cherished by one and all. It was so good everyone came to gether to support my BIL, Steven, and his kids. Really, really good.

Here is a pic of Mariana and I, taken in HHI on our first visit there, when it was just our 2 families-

Thanks for reading, I will be back soon with another update from the cruise, and for replies-

Ellen

Old 04-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #161
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Beautiful tribute to your SIL. Continued prayers to you and your whole family during this time.

You look like you had a great time on your AEP trip. Love the picture of you and Mickey.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #162
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

So what does AEP stand for anyway?

It looks like you had a marvelous trip! And nice that you learned so much!

You had me in tears with the tribute to you SIL. So glad that everyone was there for her and each other.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #163
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
What a great first day on the ship! And so wonderful that the boys connected with friends in Vibe and wanted to hang out there. My brother and cousins found the same during our cruise, with the 18-21 group.

I am so glad, Katie- from what I saw on this cruise, many of the 18-21s were hangin together- it gives me hope Tyler will still want to cruise after June 2015 when he turns 18!

A great DIS meet! How fun is that! We had some great people we met on our trip in June, too. We connected with a family from the UK before the trip via Facebook and had such a great time; I'm going over there next year for their daughters wedding! LOVE Disney friendships.

OH!!!! So THAT is who the wedding is for! Excellent!

Oh that MENU. OMG I am salivating. I have dreams about that french onion soup there. And the souffle?! Be still my beating heart!! Is it too silly to book a cruise JUST for the souffle?!
Well, you know what I think, lol-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
OK, so I know I should be commenting on you fab first day on the ship, awesome photos, happy smiling faces, etc. etc. but something has stopped me in my tracks

THEY HAVE MOËT & CHANDON ICE AT CURRENTS BAR !!!!!

Well, they technically did not have it, but they were very willing to go and get it! Definitely made sailaway even better!

You know where to find me in October
I will just be buying the bottle in the future, I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
I love that moment when you first see the ship from afar. That anticipation and excitement is just awesome!

Yea- it never gets old!

Your boarding pic turned out really great!

Thank you!

All the food from Cabanas looks really tasty. We didn’t do the lunch buffet on the first day this year - the DCL transportation gets you there so late! We thought it was easier to just order room service.

I have only done the bus once, and it was fine, we arrived around 1 I think? But I have heard of others getting there very, very late.

First adult beverages of the cruise! Woot!!!

I love that even the kids clubs were decorated for Christmas. You got some great pics of the clubs. I really enjoyed seeing what Vibe is like - very cool.

EVERYTHING was decorated- they really have stepped it up!

Isn’t Royal Court such a pretty restaurant? We really enjoyed it a number of times on our trip. It looks even better with Christmas decorations! Whoa! Your menu was definitely different from what they had in August - no duck confit on my menu!
I do love that restaurant, too- it is so nice. I think our menus were kind of all switched around because we had a special menu on NYE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Oh, that drinking experience was quite fun and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. But I will let you have my coffee drink. Blech!
DEAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Chris - That was a great moment watching you drink that shot!
Yes, definitely a highlight of the week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Off to a great cruise!

Loving reading about it, but this is making me so anxious for our August Fantasy cruise. It's seems sooooo far way. And it doesn't help that I've been freezing since November and I am totally desperate for sun, any sun, anywhere.
It will be here (and unfortunately, gone) before you know it! I hope things are sunnier for you now- today is glorious here in NJ!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #164
MEK
DIS Veteran

OMG Ellen - you totally just made me tear up! I am so very sorry for your loss. Sometimes I swear that only the strongest people and the most special people have cancer. I don't think they instantly turn tough when they get the diagnosis. They were just tough all along and cancer makes them totally step up and take charge and respond in remarkable ways. Your sister in law sounds pretty special. Over the last 9 months (since starting my new job) I made friends with a young man (mid 30's) whose wife recently passed from gliobastoma (in September) and she was so gorgeous and vibrant its almost hard to believe she is gone.

Your work trip sounds like so much fun! I really still want to be a TA, but I've got to stick it out in my current job. Still, it looks like so much fun. Thanks for posting pictures of all your fun and your great rooms. How fun to stay at AoA, the YC, and OKW all in the same trip. Cynthia and I will be at OKW in a month!!!!! Woo hoo!

What's up with the Gurgling suitcase? I love that place? They remodeled and made it smaller! Is that even possible? Can't wait to have a Turtle Krawl (or two).

So excited about the October cruise. Denny is totally on board with the food tour of Nassau. Just tell me when to get buy the tickets! It's going to be SO. MUCH. FUN!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #165
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Great updates Ellen! You are making me sad though. One week since we debarked from the Wonder! I guess we'll have to figure out a date for our rebook on board!

Sorry! I did not mean to make you sad! Hopefully you have rebooked now with the new cruises out and are feeling cheerier!

I love the PC port. The one in Miami was just boring. No real Disney touches, no Mickey pictures, and no ship models. Plus it was small. Although we had fabulous weather throughout, including perfect pool time before sail away deck party.

Our next cruise is out of Vancouver- it will be odd not sailing from that beautiful terminal in PC.

Looking at your menu I was comparing it to what I ordered on that first night!

So what did you have?

Can't wait to see how the rest pans out!
It was all fabulous- my favorite cruise ever. The Fantasy is just really alllll that!

[QUOTE=MAGICFOR2;50888621]
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Timmy on a bike? Maybe you should just let him drive the rental car.
HOLY CRAP!!! No WAY am I ready for that wild ride!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I'm so glad I found this trip report. I've really enjoyed reading all your others. I'm waiting on the 2015 dates to be released so I can book a cruise for our family. I've been reading all the cruise trip reports and can't wait to experience it myself.
Well YAY! Welcome back! And thank you! So did you book? Where are you going? It really is the BEST vacation- I can't say enough good things about it-

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
Hot temps one day down here in DFW.......

next day, temps below 32......

Hmmm......
I feel like I am going thru "THE CHANGE"
and it stinks!!

Trust me...you are NOT going through the change, just DFW is along with the rest of the country. UGH.

ANYWHO -
YOUR TR HAS JUST BRIGHTENED MY DAY!!
THANK YOU.

Awwww...I'm so glad!

Gettin' caught up -

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers Y'all
Cheers! Happy Spring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yay for boarding and being on your way. Thanks for all the great pictures from the kids areas. So very cool! And those bathrooms - so, so adorable!

PLEASE go see the kids areas when you board in October! You will LOVE them! They are absolutely incredible!

Oh - and I love the group shot. Smart idea to arrange your meet early on.

Mine have always been early, but they have also always been during those other events, which cuts down on attendance. But then , some people were not onboard yet. Really there is no perfect time- you just hope folks can come!

Nothing like a special drink to toast sail away.

And that is THEEEE drink to toast with, my friend....

Dinner looks marvelous. How nice that you got to sit together as a family and have some quiet time.

The most tables are for 4, I think- we have always been seated alone.

The Christmas decorations are all just stunning. It must be really fun to cruise during the holidays.

Great updates!
I was very excited about that part- looking forward to the Halloween decor too, on our Oct cruise! I have been on the Magic twice for Halloween, but this year I think they really stepped up their game fleetwide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Ah, I can feel the excitement in every single post! LOVE that you were unpacking for a week. The shorter ones just aren't long enough. I have zero advice on printers for magnets, I've given up. That and iron on transfers. Forget it.

I just booked a 5 night- hopefully that will be better than the 4s are! I had luck printing magnets for a client this week- I took all the paper out of the tray, and did only one sheet at a time. That worked once before it all jammed up. So I did the rest for them on regular paper that I laminated and put magnetic strip on the back of. I hope they like them!

What a fun and HUGE meet. 1000 DVC members? What is that...1/5 of the whole manifest? More?

More like 1/4+ .

I'd have wanted to meet Kristimc and her hubby too

YOU WOULD LOVE THEM!!!!!!! They are up for EVERYTHING!!!!!

I love that Santa just "happened" to give the boys coordinating shirts that they could use on the cruise

Yes- Santa is very fashion foward....

Love even more that they are finding friends right away, you are right, you can't ask for more!
BEST. THING. EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
The Fantasy is a beautiful ship!

She sure is- my favorite!

That was a big meet and greet!

It was bigger- people had already left-

Great first night dinner. That souffle looks yummy!
The souffle is excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Dinner looks great!
I love all the Christmas decor too. One of these days I will sail the Fantasy and one of these days I will see Holiday decor on the ships!
It is worth it, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJames View Post
That is SOOOO great that you met/made new friends...what a blast. Hubby and I are hoping for the same experience!
Can't wait to read more!!!
Hi Mrs James! It was great meeting everyone- we really did have a fantastic time, and a lot of that was because of all the awesome peeps we were onboard with- make sure you are chatting with them now for yours- it is a great thing to always be able to say hello!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: