Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #136
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Love all the updates. It is like reliving the cruise all over again. One of the best things about this cruise was meeting you and Pods. You two are two of the nicest people. I actually teared up reading your posts. Hope we can meet again some day!

Can't wait for more.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #137
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
OK, so did you all plan to wear black upon embarkation for a good photo? You guys look great!

YES, THANKS! I did have everyone wear black- for a few reasons.
1. I can count on a black tshirt being worn by Tyler.
2. They are a little too old for matching Mickey Tie Dyes (which, of course, KILLS ME!!!!
3. Black is a GREAT choice for a NYE cruise and...
4. I found a black tshirt with an anchor on it at Banana Republic for $8 on the clearance rack!

You were very reserved at the lunch buffet, no wonder you needed the chicken nuggets!

That was because we had to eat fast to get to the 2pm meet!

Those kid areas look awesome! I would love to be a kid on a Disney cruise, but oh yeah, my parents would never have taken me even if they had Disney cruises when I was a kid.

I'm sorry babe- most of my vacations as a kid were at the Jersey shore- there was no flying to anything Disney for us, either. I went to WDW the first time with Pods when we were dating because he found it appalling that I was a Disney nut and had never gone! (FWIW- he created a MONSTER, lol!).

Your dinner looked great! So the Royal Palace is where they have the Grand Marnier Souffle on the larger ships? I'm not sure if you go there on my PTR but we will be doing a quickie cruise on the Dream next year (our last before we hit Gold) and I'm thinking we will hit Remy on Pirate night so we don't have to miss any of the rotational menus. But since we're only Silver, I hope we can get Remy on Pirate night! I certainly don't want to miss the place where the Grand Marnier soufflé is served! And I don't want to miss Animator's Palate either! Such tough decisions!

That is when we went to Remy on this cruise- it is HEAVENLY, you will love it! And we were silver booking it- on a cruise with TONS of Gold and Platinums, so hopefully you will be fine- if you can't get Pirate night, and you end up missing RP, just ask your server if you can have the souffle- they will probably be able to get it for you (because they will be making them for RP that night).

It's funny in that first picture at Dinner, your boys look like they would rather be any place besides where they are!

LOL- true!

I don't understand about the chandelier not having slippers?
On the Dream, the RP chandeliers look like this-

Very cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Since you asked ....... I am feeling better, but still not fit to work. So what can I do in the meantime? Start a TR of course.

What else! You are a trooper- I hate to write when I am sick- I curl up in a ball-

Love to see your meal. We have never had the Escargot - I don't like them at all.
I remember that salmon being pretty good though, so brilliant choice. And the Grand Marnier Souffle is awesome!

What...no slugs? I love them- the salmon was very nice, and we all know about that GM Souffle! YUM!

And you are SO right about the muesli and tugboat on the Fantasy - so NOT the same (and yummy) as on the Dream. Tom had to muesli 2 weeks ago and it was disneylicious!
YUMMMMM....I had many varieties of Muesli on this trip...as you will see....but my favorite is definitely served on the Dream! I will have it this October!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #138
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Love all the updates. It is like reliving the cruise all over again. One of the best things about this cruise was meeting you and Pods. You two are two of the nicest people. I actually teared up reading your posts. Hope we can meet again some day!

Can't wait for more.
OH CHRIS!!!! Now I am tearing up!! We will definitely meet again someday! I have no doubt about that- you and Bobby and your "Bs" are such a great family- when you came up to me at the meet, that was one of the BEST HUGS I have EVER gotten! Loved every minute we spent together- especially the speed drinking class, lol- THAT was the icing on the cake!! Drink any coffee shots lately???

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #139
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Exactly. I wonder what we'll be eating at AEP- I sure do hope we get a few details today! It is SO weird, as an UBER planner who usually knows what and where I will be eating in WDW 6 months in advance to have absolutely no clue 2 weeks out!
I hear ya! How can I obsess over menus if I don't know where we're going?!?!

DWGal210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #140
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

What a great first day on the ship! And so wonderful that the boys connected with friends in Vibe and wanted to hang out there. My brother and cousins found the same during our cruise, with the 18-21 group.

A great DIS meet! How fun is that! We had some great people we met on our trip in June, too. We connected with a family from the UK before the trip via Facebook and had such a great time; I'm going over there next year for their daughters wedding! LOVE Disney friendships.

Oh that MENU. OMG I am salivating. I have dreams about that french onion soup there. And the souffle?! Be still my beating heart!! Is it too silly to book a cruise JUST for the souffle?!

DWGal210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #141
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

OK, so I know I should be commenting on you fab first day on the ship, awesome photos, happy smiling faces, etc. etc. but something has stopped me in my tracks

THEY HAVE MOËT & CHANDON ICE AT CURRENTS BAR !!!!!

You know where to find me in October
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #142
RGirl
DIS Veteran

I love that moment when you first see the ship from afar. That anticipation and excitement is just awesome!

Your boarding pic turned out really great!

All the food from Cabanas looks really tasty. We didn’t do the lunch buffet on the first day this year - the DCL transportation gets you there so late! We thought it was easier to just order room service.

First adult beverages of the cruise! Woot!!!

I love that even the kids clubs were decorated for Christmas. You got some great pics of the clubs. I really enjoyed seeing what Vibe is like - very cool.

Isn’t Royal Court such a pretty restaurant? We really enjoyed it a number of times on our trip. It looks even better with Christmas decorations! Whoa! Your menu was definitely different from what they had in August - no duck confit on my menu!
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #143
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
OH CHRIS!!!! Now I am tearing up!! We will definitely meet again someday! I have no doubt about that- you and Bobby and your "Bs" are such a great family- when you came up to me at the meet, that was one of the BEST HUGS I have EVER gotten! Loved every minute we spent together- especially the speed drinking class, lol- THAT was the icing on the cake!! Drink any coffee shots lately???

Oh, that drinking experience was quite fun and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. But I will let you have my coffee drink. Blech!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #144
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Chris - That was a great moment watching you drink that shot!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #145
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Off to a great cruise!

Loving reading about it, but this is making me so anxious for our August Fantasy cruise. It's seems sooooo far way. And it doesn't help that I've been freezing since November and I am totally desperate for sun, any sun, anywhere.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:48 AM   #146
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Chris - That was a great moment watching you drink that shot!
Thanks Kristi! It was fun but so yucky! And it was really great meeting you and your hubby on this cruise. Hopefully I didn't startle you while we were in the parking ramp and recognized you. My DH thinks I'm crazy when I say hey, aren't you from the DisBoards.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #147
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Thanks Kristi! It was fun but so yucky! And it was really great meeting you and your hubby on this cruise. Hopefully I didn't startle you while we were in the parking ramp and recognized you. My DH thinks I'm crazy when I say hey, aren't you from the DisBoards.
You didn't startle me . My family says the same thing about me when I recognize someone from online. On our 2011 cruise, I noticed Kara's(karajeboo) husband walking by (recognized him from her trip reports) and had to go over and say hi. My whole family thought I was weird to go up to a group of strangers but I didn't feel like they were strangers because I had read so many of he reports - I felt like they were friends .
Old 03-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #148
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Great updates Ellen! You are making me sad though. One week since we debarked from the Wonder! I guess we'll have to figure out a date for our rebook on board!

I love the PC port. The one in Miami was just boring. No real Disney touches, no Mickey pictures, and no ship models. Plus it was small. Although we had fabulous weather throughout, including perfect pool time before sail away deck party.

Looking at your menu I was comparing it to what I ordered on that first night!

Can't wait to see how the rest pans out!
Old 03-06-2014, 10:52 PM   #149
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
Hi,
So just to clarify, the sites MAGICFOR2 enjoyed are actually in Victoria. And it looks like Disney dumped Victoria from the schedule this year -- too bad. My dad enjoyed going down to see the Wonder whenever she was in port!
I get a kick out of people touring Craigdarroch Castle -- way back in the last century I had my piano lessons there when the Victoria Conservatory of Music leased the joint!
For Vancouver, your Chewies friends will of course give you lots of tips -- but Stanley Park and the seawall are tops for anyone. A drink overlooking English Bay, a visit to the Granville Market -- there's your time filled before you depart and head north up the Inside Passage. You'll enjoy your view of the North Shore from the Pan Pacific -- what a great score!
Best, from one of your (many) Canadian fans!!
That is so cool that you had piano lessons at Craigdarroch We did that tour because I love history and old mansions! Dunsmuir, CA is not so far from our home town in Oregon - part of the family history from that castle, so it was even more fun (or sad) to learn about them.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:57 PM   #150
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=podsnel;50852334]About time! It's really hard to write 2 TRs at once!

I am very much looking forward to Stanley Park- Where is English Bay? And yes, it ws an amazing score- I poted it on our FB thread and there are a big group of us staying at the Pan Pacific pre-cruise. Thanks so much for the tips- and the compliment- and I LOVE Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post

Thanks for the tips! We are staying right at Coal Harbor, our plane lands at 10am (I LOVE West Coast vacations when we are coming from the east!). So we will hopefully have some time to go to Stanley Park and rides bikes on the Sea Wall (YAY for Timmy! 3rd Times a charm! )

Thanks! Can't wait to relive it!
Timmy on a bike? Maybe you should just let him drive the rental car.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: