Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Tinkerbell1993
Earning My Ears

Guaranteed rooms

When you book a guaranteed room, does Disney allow you to choose if you want to upgrade or do they automatically upgrade you? And does it usually go to a worse room than you originally booked?
Tinkerbell1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

With a GTY booking your stateroom assignment will be in the category you booked, or better.

The assignment is "automatic" in that your stateroom designation stays at GTY status up until the cruise approaches, then a stateroom is assigned.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
Tinknalli
DIS Veteran

If you book GTY you get no choice in which category or room they put you in. It will be at minimum the category you booked. In other words if you book GTY and they upgrade you, you cannot refuse the upgrade, even if you do not consider it one. I booked an 8A GTY and they gave me a 5B. I would have rather had the 8A, but had no recourse as I agreed they could assign the room.
2/98 All Star Music, 5/00 Port Orleans, 01/05 All Star Movies, 04/07 Pop Century, 10/08 Port Orleans Riverside, 04/10 Port Orleans French Quarter, 04/12 Disney Fantasy and Port Orleans Riverside, 04/14 Pop Century and Disney Fantasy

Tinknalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
Tinkerbell1993
Earning My Ears

I booked a guaranteed 5E back in December for a cruise in November on the Fantasy and I've been checking and there's no 5E's available since I've booked. Does that mean they're out of 5E's for that category?
Tinkerbell1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1993 View Post
I booked a guaranteed 5E back in December for a cruise in November on the Fantasy and I've been checking and there's no 5E's available since I've booked. Does that mean they're out of 5E's for that category?
It means that they aren't being offered anymore but that doesn't mean that you and others that booked a 5E GTY will not get one.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: