Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
brandonshah97
Earning My Ears

Disney fantasy animators palate

So is the animators palate on the fantasy not in black and white? Because all I see online is giant screens everywhere with dancing drawings which I think takes away from the whole theme which is supposed to be black n white then change to color......
brandonshah97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

The big deal with the Fantasy is that you draw your own character on a place mat and the waiter takes it "back stage" where it becomes animated, part of the show on the screen. Disney Imagineering at its finest.

If you want the black and white changing to color, that's on the Magic and the Wonder, tho the Magic will be updated this fall and Animator's Palate will include the magic characters drawn by passengers. Haven't heard whether or not they'll still change the black and white wall drawings into color, but I doubt there would be room on the walls for the black and white as well as all the screens needed to present the animation.

Last edited by jdb in AZ; 08-13-2013 at 03:16 PM.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
lady9
DIS Veteran

In my opinion Animator's Palate on the Fantasy is better than on the Magic or Wonder. The room is colorful except for a film strip that goes around the top. That does change color at the end of the meal. The servers wear black and white shirts with a blue tie the first night and I think the tie was red the second night. They don't change into colorful outfits at the end of the meal. The chairs are like Mickey's outfit, red on the bottom, black on top, with yellow buttons. The first show is great, really keeps the kids entertained. The second show was the animated show which was very cute. I much prefer the shows on the Fantasy.
lady9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
lady9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
The big deal with the Fantasy is that you draw your own picture on a place mat and the waiter takes it "back stage" where it becomes animated, part of the show on the screen. Disney Imagineering at its finest.
You don't really draw your own picture. All guests are given a place mat with the outline of a person. You use markers to color in, make a face, or decorate your person. Then they do animate the people and often they "interact" with Disney characters. It is a very neat show.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady9 View Post
You don't really draw your own picture. All guests are given a place mat with the outline of a person. You use markers to color in, make a face, or decorate your person. Then they do animate the people and often they "interact" with Disney characters. It is a very neat show.
Yes, the word "picture" was misleading, so I edited it to say character.

I also prefer the Animator's Palate in the Fantasy over the Wonder and Magic.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I had no idea that the animation night would be so wonderful! It was a pleasant surprise, and it makes me a bit sad that I don't have another scheduled cruise on the Fantasy!
Old 08-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
Dizzyworld
DIS Veteran

Location: Towson, MD---930 miles too far from my happy place!

I love the movies they show in Animator's Palate on the Fantasy while waiting for the placemats to be loaded into the computer or whatever they do. I didn't know Disney had that many food scenes in movies.
Poly - 1/85, 6/02, 8/07, 8/08, 10/09 (Food & Wine Festival & MNSSHP), 8/10 ~~~ BC - 8/00, 7/09 ~~~ YC - 8/03 ~~~ WL - 12/02 ~~~ AKL - 8/04, 12/04 ~~~ Contemporary - 8/08 ~~~ Swan - 12/05, 8/06 ~~~ POFQ - 8/07 ~~~ Off-Site - 3/89

DCL Magic - 8/01 (Eastern), 8/04 (Eastern), 8/06 (Western- Double Dip), 7/09 (Eastern - Tortola)
DCL Wonder - 6/02, 8/07, 8/08 (Double Dip)

DCL Dream - B2B - 7/11 & 8/11, 3/13, 12/13
DCL Fantasy - 6/12 (Western)
1/15 (Eastern)
Dizzyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonshah97 View Post
So is the animators palate on the fantasy not in black and white? Because all I see online is giant screens everywhere with dancing drawings which I think takes away from the whole theme which is supposed to be black n white then change to color......
You've no idea until you actually SEE, IN PERSON, the Animator's Palate show.

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #9
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

Which night is the show? On the second animators palate visit?
Old 08-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
lady9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceressk View Post
Which night is the show? On the second animators palate visit?
The animation show is the second night unless your second night in Animators Palate is Pirate Night. Then you will go to Animators a third time and that will be your animation show night. The Crush show is your first night in Animators, don't miss that either!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The animation show is the second night unless your second night in Animators Palate is Pirate Night. Then you will go to Animators a third time and that will be your animation show night. The Crush show is your first night in Animators, don't miss that either!
Cool! Thx!!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #12
mccreel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know it has been a while since this thread was posted to but I had a question about Pirate night on Disney Fantasy if in Animators Palate. If you are in AP on Pirate night do you not get any show, just the pirate theme or is it one of the 2 shows they do?
Thanks,

1st Disney Fantasy Cruise 10/11/2014
Old 02-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #13
Tinknalli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccreel View Post
I know it has been a while since this thread was posted to but I had a question about Pirate night on Disney Fantasy if in Animators Palate. If you are in AP on Pirate night do you not get any show, just the pirate theme or is it one of the 2 shows they do?
Thanks,

On pirate night the screens will have a changing mix of pirate themed pictures.
2/98 All Star Music, 5/00 Port Orleans, 01/05 All Star Movies, 04/07 Pop Century, 10/08 Port Orleans Riverside, 04/10 Port Orleans French Quarter, 04/12 Disney Fantasy and Port Orleans Riverside, 04/14 Pop Century and Disney Fantasy

Tinknalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #14
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccreel View Post
Thanks,

As I understand it, if you're in AP on Pirate Night on the Fantasy, you will have AP three times - Crush show, Pirate Night and Animation show. The other places you'll go twice.

Which gives me a HUGE dilemma. I really want to request to be in AP for Pirate night, but I like starting off my cruise with a Palo dinner, and I don't want to miss any night in AP. Something will have to give there as I believe whatever MDR you have night one on the Fantasy is the one you will have 3 times.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #15
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Yes that is how it works with AP three times.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: