Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #16
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Here is the policy from the DCL site:

Preparing For Your Cruise

Q: May Guests bring alcohol onboard?

A: While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:
•Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.
•Guests who arrive in the dining room with a bottle of champagne or wine that has been brought on board will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.
•Beverages must be packed in your carry-on bag—which must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension
•Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, alcohol, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board.

Please note: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #17
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

Large cooler bags I see them saying something but I had a nice size cooler bag and I poured my beer in a Cup cause kids around at CC. Even on the boat leaving my room I just mixed my drinks or beer in a Disney cup had no issues.
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #18
mtchurchmonica
Poster formerly known as yazee1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneYE View Post
IMO, IF you plan on drinking LOTS of beer (i.e: bringing some at embarkation, buying some more on POC's, etc) here's what you should do:

- Spend $15 on a DCL mug.
- Drink the beer they pour in it when you buy it.
- Proceed to fill said mug with your own "imported" beer.
- Rinse. Repeat. Carry mug around ship.
- DCL's is happy as you're abiding by their rules
- You are happy for the best $15 spent on board.
- Everybody's happy

Happy cruisin'
Yes, with all that beer drinking at least one someone is going to be happy! Seriously, good idea.

DCL - 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, (upcoming) 2014
NCL Pearl 2010,
CCL Pride 2012, 2013
mtchurchmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:42 PM   #19
cruisinwithmaandpa
Happiness is being grandparents

To be clearer about my post, DH did buy the mug as well. He brought in a 6 pack of beer, with the price we paid for the cruise I don't believe we were taking advantage of the situation.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. - Mark Twain
cruisinwithmaandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #20
winniedapooh
Busy and proud Mom of 5 Disney Cherubs!
I am so proud of my princess!
A smart lady who knows better than to question the wisdom of the tag fairy

Strangest thing I have seen was on the adult deck on our recent Jan 11 th. Eastern cruise. A few people had their own "bar" set up with bottles on tables where they were sitting and were drinking and pouring openly in front of CM. I thought it was odd, but to each their own!

winniedapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #21
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

On one of my cruises the online group had a beer swap. The adult pool bartenders were over asking questions and when they saw us using paper cups to split beers ran over with mugs. We did tip for the mugs.

It paid off. After we finished our swap we just bought from them.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #22
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post

Please note: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

MJ
Yes, we have firsthand knowledge that beverages in checked luggage cause damage... as one of our suitcases arrived at our stateroom saturated and stinking like beer... it also had a considerable amount of sand/gravel on it... what a mess! (and, no, it was NOT our beverages that did the damage... we bought all of ours on board this cruise)
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:55 AM   #23
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
I carried my DCL souvenir cup ALL over the ship, it never left my hand. (Still never does! I even like to drink water out of it!)

Anyway, we were discreet and didn't bring whole bottles of wine with us or anything. If you don't cause a problem, no one cares. Not even our waiter, when we brought glasses of wine from our stash up to the dining rooms with us. Mom & dad found a left over 6 pack in their fridge when they embarked! Ha. We divvied them up and took them to the show with us, etc.

Some people bring their own cups. Really, there isn't a way to know what is in your cup, but don't bring a six pack up on deck with you. As long as it is individual, no one seemed to bat an eye, not once to us, anyway.
WE did bring whole bottles of wine with us and happily paid the 20 dollar corkage fee for each one...so we could 'legally' drink our wines in public (MDRs) and we even shared with our table mates. Running joke throughout the week with our assistant server that we had a wine cellar in our cabin....
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:35 AM   #24
rubinjos
Earning My Ears

No, they will not "confront" you. Disney is not a confrontational type of company. It interferes too much with the magic. They will not even confront you if they know you are stealing from their stores (know someone who worked in merchandising), for fear of creating a scene. Still, have some common sense. I always put my drinks in a cup so it is not obvious.

rubinjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #25
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneYE View Post
IMO, IF you plan on drinking LOTS of beer (i.e: bringing some at embarkation, buying some more on POC's, etc) here's what you should do:

- Spend $15 on a DCL mug.
- Drink the beer they pour in it when you buy it.
- Proceed to fill said mug with your own "imported" beer.
- Rinse. Repeat. Carry mug around ship.
- DCL's is happy as you're abiding by their rules
- You are happy for the best $15 spent on board.
- Everybody's happy

Happy cruisin'

This is exactly what my DH does. He brews his own craft beer, so he is a beer snob, will not drink anything they offer on tap on the cruise. He usually brings 12 -16 bottles for the duration of the cruise and pours while in our stateroom in the DCL mug. Walks around with it. He never gets drunk and doesn't cause a scene, so no one has every said anything to us.
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:04 PM   #26
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinjos View Post
No, they will not "confront" you. Disney is not a confrontational type of company. It interferes too much with the magic. They will not even confront you if they know you are stealing from their stores (know someone who worked in merchandising), for fear of creating a scene. Still, have some common sense. I always put my drinks in a cup so it is not obvious.
I worked at The Disney Store for 5 years, while they were owned by Disney, not the Children's Place, and I can tell you that we watched for shoplifters, and we did call Security when we were sure it was warranted. And we shared information with our nearby Disney stores of the suspicious culprits we had visit us. I doubt that this policy has changed.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #27
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I worked at The Disney Store for 5 years, while they were owned by Disney, not the Children's Place, and I can tell you that we watched for shoplifters, and we did call Security when we were sure it was warranted. And we shared information with our nearby Disney stores of the suspicious culprits we had visit us. I doubt that this policy has changed.
They are back to being owned by Disney, and yes, we still keep our eyes open and notify managers and security when suspected while continuing to "guest service" the individual in question.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #28
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtchurchmonica View Post
Ever been confronted about drinking your own beer?
Actually, the only times I have been confronted were when I drank someone else's beer!
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #29
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Swampers View Post
Actually, the only times I have been confronted were when I drank someone else's beer!
Old 02-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #30
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
In eight cruises I have never seen anyone haul a cooler poolside or to castaway key.
We saw it once on the Wonder and once on CC, adult beach

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: