Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
samily
DIS Veteran

If I were to cancel a cabana...

If I were to cancel a cabana, does it show on the DCL as available right away? A fellow DISer would like to reserve it if they can - if I let them know the date/time I am canceling, would they have a shot of grabbing it?

I've read other posts of people successfully doing this, anyone have any tips?
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:43 PM   #2
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Basically. I would have you on the phone with DCL, cancelling, and you friend on a three way conference. Or suggest you would like to give it to the Smiths. And they will call your (DCL) extension in 2 minutes. Of course, is that fair. Probably not. But ...

Another alternative is keep it till you board and then transfer it to someone you wish. Is that fair. Probably not. But ...

Have you spoken to folks on your Dis Meet? You could always share it to keep costs down. Never know. Or sell it to someone else, and they still may allow you access. Never know. Plausible for popular hot summer 7 night sailings.

Good Luck
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
jenf22
DIS Veteran

I've done this and it was available immediately. The other person (from our Dis meet) was on the phone with me. She hit the cancel button while I kept hitting 'refresh". It took a minute or so, but it showed up and I grabbed it.

Best of luck!
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012
jenf22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samily View Post
If I were to cancel a cabana, does it show on the DCL as available right away? A fellow DISer would like to reserve it if they can - if I let them know the date/time I am canceling, would they have a shot of grabbing it? I've read other posts of people successfully doing this, anyone have any tips?
I have booked a cabana this way. Another family on the DIS contacted me because they knew I wanted one. We set up a time and were in contact through messaging at the time. They cancelled and I booked. There is always the chance someone else might be online at that exact moment and actually get it first, but it probably is a slim chance.

Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - May 2014
Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #5
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

I would caution you to do this via private message or onboard. I made the mistake of using our group facebook page to communicate when I was canceling our reservation and someone else in the group grabbed it before the intended party. It was clear that the two of us were coordinating, but that didn't stop the other guy from taking it.

The person who took it inadvertently admitted it later on, so we knew it was not taken by accident

Wonder Mexican Riviera(2011), Magic Eastern(2012), Wonder Pacific Coast(2014), Wonder Alaska(2014), Wonder Vancouver Repo(2014)
Stinkerbe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

We also cancelled a cabana and I had arranged through PM's with another Diser who wanted it and set up a time I was going to cancel (11 pm). I texted her while I was actually cancelling it and she was already logged the DCL site and to grab it when it popped back up in availability. She was able to book it pretty much right away.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #7
samily
DIS Veteran

Thanks, everyone! We have been communicating via PM, so hopefully it goes smoothly!
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #8
MNKelly
Mouseketeer

If anyone is thinking of giving up their Cabana for the February 22nd Disney Fantasy sailing, please let me know! I'm interested in obtaining the use of a Cabana. Thanks!

Kelly
MNKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #9
Slappy32
Mouseketeer

I've had another person on chat when I released a cabana. We did it around 1am eastern, well after all levels could book excursions. It released right away and they were able to pick it up. If you know somebody sailing concierge, they can reserve more than one cabana and release one later on so you can pick it up.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #10
DVC Dad
Earning My Ears

If anyone is looking to cancel a family cabana for the May 3rd 2014 Fantasy cruise, please private message me. We would love to have it.
DVC Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #11
lorimay
DIS Veteran

lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: