Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
Susie63
Dreamin' of Disney
 
Susie63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Grande Prairie,Alberta
Posts: 1,607

Best 3 seats for reserved Fantasmic viewing

I have yet to see Fantasmic and really have no idea where the reserved seating is, other than the pics here on the Disboard. After I locate the podium(I don't know where that is either)which 3 seats should I pick in the front row. Left, center, right?
__________________
First trip to Disneyland Feb 6-14,2010 DLH Jan 31-Feb 11,2013 GCV Sept 26-Oct 1,2013 Jan 16-27,2014
Me DH DD 11 Trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040520
Susie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
jacs1234
DIS Veteran
 
jacs1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,470

They have a sign up to show you where the podium is, it's up towards the haunted mansion near a churro cart and on those steps there. When you are there it will be very easy to see which seats you prefer. We like the ones closest to the centre but we have also been on the ones furtherest away and they were great too. You do have to get there fairly early to line up to make sure you get one of those front seats. I wish that they reserved the seats for you initially book.
__________________
jacs1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."
 
Girimama33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,946

Seats 1-3 if you can get them. Avoid seat 5 if possible...the view can be blocked. If you want front row, best to be there by 6:30 at the latest...of you want to be first...maybe even earlier.


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
__________________
Me ~ DH ~ GiRi (6) ~

Last edited by Girimama33; 09-06-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Girimama33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Susie63
Dreamin' of Disney
 
Susie63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Grande Prairie,Alberta
Posts: 1,607

I will most likely be there by 6. Are there steps to sit on? That would be awesome! Thanks for the tips
__________________
First trip to Disneyland Feb 6-14,2010 DLH Jan 31-Feb 11,2013 GCV Sept 26-Oct 1,2013 Jan 16-27,2014
Me DH DD 11 Trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040520
Susie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."
 
Girimama33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
I will most likely be there by 6. Are there steps to sit on? That would be awesome! Thanks for the tips
If you are first in line, then yes.
__________________
Me ~ DH ~ GiRi (6) ~
Girimama33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
Elk Grove Chris
DIS Veteran
 
Elk Grove Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Elk Grove
Posts: 1,579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
Seats 1-3 if you can get them. Avoid seat 5 if possible...the view can be blocked. If you want front row, best to be there by 6:30 at the latest...of you want to be first...maybe even earlier.


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Never noticed any issues with seat 5, you mean the planter? We have been in seats 5-8 the most and they are great for us. These are the seat the CMs always recommend to us.
Elk Grove Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."
 
Girimama33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,946

You are the first that has said that...that I have read/heard. I had read quite a few posts regarding visibility issues with seat 5. I don't recall the specifics. Since I was not first in line for the seating assignments, it could have been ours. I told the CM that I had not heard good things about seat 5, and she confirmed that some guests have difficulty viewing the show. I didn't want to risk it, so we opted for 7-9...which were great also.
Funny thing is...the two people in front of me in line were both Dis Board members, and they mentioned not wanting seat 5 as well while we were waiting.
Good to know it may not be as bad as some of the complaints I have read.
__________________
Me ~ DH ~ GiRi (6) ~
Girimama33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?
 
HydroGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado, USA (formerly SoCal - now SoCol)
Posts: 14,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
I have yet to see Fantasmic and really have no idea where the reserved seating is, other than the pics here on the Disboard. After I locate the podium(I don't know where that is either)which 3 seats should I pick in the front row. Left, center, right?
As for where the reserved seating is located and the check-in spot, see this thread

"Fantasmic! Superthread" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2671983
__________________
Upcoming:
August 2015 for the D23 Expo | WDW, 2015 May?
Completed:
DLR 11/2014, JC Blog & WOCWD Blog (Tropicana), 07/2014 (DLH), 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
I will most likely be there by 6. Are there steps to sit on? That would be awesome! Thanks for the tips
Just curious what time the show is when you are arriving at 6?
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."
 
Girimama33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie63

I will most likely be there by 6. Are there steps to sit on? That would be awesome! Thanks for the tips

Just curious what time the show is when you are arriving at 6?
The seating assignments begin at 8. Once you get your seats assigned, you can do other things (we rode pirates). The show starts at 9.
While waiting, I often wondered why I didn't save the $ and just stake a spot out on the ground.


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
__________________
Me ~ DH ~ GiRi (6) ~
Girimama33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
JediMasterMatt
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 40

Unfortunately, my wife was the one waiting and picking the actual seat assignments, so I don't know the numbering system - but, a little known piece of information about the Fantasmic! Desert reserved seating is that if you select the back row - you can stand during the show and give yourself a great view. We did this so I could take pictures and it worked out very well.

6:30 is a good estimate on when people start lining up for seat assignments. First show is usually the first seats reserved. My wife lined up at 6:30 on 8/24 and was the 3rd person in line and got first choice for the 2nd showing. She was a little later on 08/30, around 6:50 or so and was the 7th person in line. Someone in front of her took the front row closest to center for the 2nd show; but, she was still able to get our preferred back row for my camera.

BTW - the concept of reserved Fantasmic! works great for making it easy to do fireworks from the prime location at the hub and get great seats with minimal fuss for the 2nd showing of Fantasmic!
JediMasterMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
The seating assignments begin at 8. Once you get your seats assigned, you can do other things (we rode pirates). The show starts at 9.
While waiting, I often wondered why I didn't save the $ and just stake a spot out on the ground.


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Wow. I was thinking of doing this in early December since we'll likely get only one shot at seeing F! and we've never seen it at DLR. But spending $60 a head to still get in line that early just seems too daunting even for my determined self.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #13
Susie63
Dreamin' of Disney
 
Susie63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Grande Prairie,Alberta
Posts: 1,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMasterMatt View Post
Unfortunately, my wife was the one waiting and picking the actual seat assignments, so I don't know the numbering system - but, a little known piece of information about the Fantasmic! Desert reserved seating is that if you select the back row - you can stand during the show and give yourself a great view. We did this so I could take pictures and it worked out very well.

6:30 is a good estimate on when people start lining up for seat assignments. First show is usually the first seats reserved. My wife lined up at 6:30 on 8/24 and was the 3rd person in line and got first choice for the 2nd showing. She was a little later on 08/30, around 6:50 or so and was the 7th person in line. Someone in front of her took the front row closest to center for the 2nd show; but, she was still able to get our preferred back row for my camera.

BTW - the concept of reserved Fantasmic! works great for making it easy to do fireworks from the prime location at the hub and get great seats with minimal fuss for the 2nd showing of Fantasmic!

I have reservations for the late Fantasmic show and my husband will be staking out my bench for the fireworks. Then we can stroll over for Fantasmic. Standing for more than 20 min is not an option for me so this will work great. I'll make sure I get there early for that step. So excited to see Fantasmic

Spell check keeps changing Fantasmic to Fantastic...I sure hope so
__________________
First trip to Disneyland Feb 6-14,2010 DLH Jan 31-Feb 11,2013 GCV Sept 26-Oct 1,2013 Jan 16-27,2014
Me DH DD 11 Trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040520
Susie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
NMcowboy
Earning My Ears
 
NMcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southwest
Posts: 50

while standing in line, that exact thought has crossed too.... "why pay? just get a spot early.... but coming later when the show is about to start, and you get to "SIT" down... And one would have to admit, the CM's are at your beck and call for unlimited drinks, and your deserts. ehh.... nothing comes cheep in Disneyland.
__________________
Disneyland 1978, 1983, 1994, 1996, 2003, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015...
NMcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #15
Susie63
Dreamin' of Disney
 
Susie63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Grande Prairie,Alberta
Posts: 1,607

I am not physically able to sit on the ground or that would definitely be the way to go....but it's my 50th birthday and this is my present to me. I can justify anything when it comes to Disneyland
__________________
First trip to Disneyland Feb 6-14,2010 DLH Jan 31-Feb 11,2013 GCV Sept 26-Oct 1,2013 Jan 16-27,2014
Me DH DD 11 Trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040520
Susie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.