Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Just love Eeyore
Eeyore lover

Cruising with an almost 11 month old

Hi
We are going on the Fantasy in two weeks with our almost 11 month old son, and I have some questions.

He eats a lot of things but need most of his meat and veggies pureed. Is that possible in the main diningrooms and how long will it take? When he is hungry, he will let you know, and then you better hurry up

And what do you do at the buffets? I don't remember how they are. Will I be able to get him pasta (He likes to eat them with his fingers)? Are there other options for "fingerfood"?

Did you bring any of your own food? We will be traveling from Europe, so it will be hard to bring much. But the food situation is worrying me quite a bit

Where do I change his diaper in the cabin, there is no way of getting a changing table right?

(ME 35) (DH 38) (DS 8) (DS 1)
Just love Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
Pixiedustaway07
Earning My Ears

We took our baby when she was 9 months. I brought a few baby food jars but hardly used them. There were a lot of options - Mac and cheese and peas were her go-to dinner foods. The buffet had lots of good things to try - yogurt, applesauce, Cheerios, scrambled eggs, fries (she loved to chew on them), green beans, crackers, pastas, cheese - I wouldn't worry about finding easy to chew things. We didn't ask for anything to be puréed.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #3
Parkerpirates
Mouseketeer

They have baby travel lite that you can order everything you may need and have it delivered to your boat. Food, diapers, wipes, bath stuff, etc.
http://www.babiestravellite.com/disn...s-diapers.html

I know you can get diaper genies to borrow. With limited space, you can probably just change on beds.
Hubby Wifey DD(4) DS(2)
Parkerpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #4
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I brought my then almost 11 month old DD a few years ago. We just ordered table food for her. We didn't puree at home either. (and she was still toothless at that point) The only baby food I brought was for our excursions as I wasn't sure what we would fine. We found lots of food for her to eat at the buffets and table serve.

I just used a folding travel changing mat on the bed to change her.

She had a great time on the cruise.

Good luck and have fun.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:51 AM   #5
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

They are very accommodating on the ships. As others have noted above, there is almost always a pasta option, without or without sauce, this is true for lunch and dinner.

We took a 9 month old and they had pureed food for us when we asked. We let our servers know what we wanted ahead of time so they would have it ready, we also had a standing order from room service for approximately lunch time everyday and then they would bring it to us. Also in a bind we would smash a banana with a fork while we waited for some pureed peas, carrots, etc. We told the crew to just surprise us with a fruit and vegetable and to vary it up. It gave us a nice variety. IF you ask them on the spot to puree it then it will take sometime depending on what you ask for. For example you want steamed carrots pureed, it might take 15-20 minutes, while an apple may only take 5-10.

We changed diapers on our bed or the couch. A diaper genie was available, you can also request a bottle warmer.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: