Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
blanq
A 42 year old fan of Peter Pan's Flight and the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
There are some days I can't even remember my own phone number

What I witnessed at Flame Tree today...

So DH and I are at WDW now and decided to have lunch at Flame Tree today. We each ordered the BBQ pork sandwich and we shared an order of onion rings. The coleslaw was…meh…but the rest was good and we were enjoying our lunch. All was fine until at the table next to us a young couple with two kids (a baby and a girl who looked to be about 4) decided to change their babies diaper on the table they had just eaten lunch at. I kid you not. They cleared their food, plopped the kid down on the table top and proceeded to change a dirty diaper as everyone around them ate their lunch. Appetite lost. Lunch over.
blanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Wow that is just awful.

1973 Off Site - 1979 Cont - 1990 CBR/Cont - 1991 CBR - 1992 CBR - 1993 POR- 1994 ASSp - 1995 ASSp - 1996 ASMu - 1997 ASMo - 1998 DL/ASSp - 2002 Pop/ASMo - 2003 ASMo- 2004 ASMo - 2005 ASMo -2006 ASMo- 2007 ASSp - 2008 ASMo - 2009 ASMo - 2010 ASMo - 2011 ASMo - 2012 ASMo -2013 ASMo - 2014 ASMo - 2015 ASMo
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
Cubicleprisoner
Mouseketeer

I will never drink from another water fountain in a theme park again after I saw a mother using one as a baby bidet in Adventureland a while back.
Cubicleprisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #4
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

I'm sorry, haven't you heard??

The world DOES revolve around them.

How revolting.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
blanq
A 42 year old fan of Peter Pan's Flight and the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
There are some days I can't even remember my own phone number

Well, it's not enough to ruin a trip, but I was like…REALLY?!!! Honestly, this trip we witnessed constant poor and rude behavior around us at every turn it seemed.
blanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #6
eangel12
DIS Veteran

A poop diaper...or pee?? Pee wouldn't gross me out but poop...this is why we wipe down EVERY SINGLE TABLE when we eat at Disney or any place for that matter!!
eangel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
happymommy
DIS Veteran

Poop? Oh my that's not nice. Pee I could see on the bench discreetly.

Thanks for the reminder to keep wipes in my purse!

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
happymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #8
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

That's disgusting and because I am 48 and don't care what people think, I would have told them there's places to change a baby and a place where others eat is NOT the place.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #9
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
That's disgusting and because I am 48 and don't care what people think, I would have told them there's places to change a baby and a place where others eat is NOT the place.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #10
km77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanq View Post
So DH and I are at WDW now and decided to have lunch at Flame Tree today. We each ordered the BBQ pork sandwich and we shared an order of onion rings. The coleslaw was…meh…but the rest was good and we were enjoying our lunch. All was fine until at the table next to us a young couple with two kids (a baby and a girl who looked to be about 4) decided to change their babies diaper on the table they had just eaten lunch at. I kid you not. They cleared their food, plopped the kid down on the table top and proceeded to change a dirty diaper as everyone around them ate their lunch. Appetite lost. Lunch over.
The same thing happened to us at Captain Cooks at the Poly except they did it on the floor between our tables-we were so gobsmacked we didn't say anything, couldn't believe our eyes!!!!
km77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #11
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckers View Post
that's disgusting and because i am 48 and don't care what people think, i would have told them there's places to change a baby and a place where others eat is not the place.
fantastic!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:10 PM   #12
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
Playing devil's advocate here, depending on the tone and approach you took, (I don't know how'd you do it but Based on the comment that you don't care what people think, I hear it in my head as adversarial rather than polite and calm) I could foresee a situation where They, clearly not caring what people think as well, could potentially respond with some very colorful and negative comments about yourself involving language disallowed on these forums, which could lead to an escalated argument. Worse, they could potentially have some crazy in them and respond in a physically violent way against you that leads to injury for you or a family member. Sure they get trespassed and go to jail, but not what ones on a vacation.

I only say this to point out to most people here that in a place like Disney it is probably a far better idea to find a cast member and ask them to correct the behavior rather than taking it upon yourself to try to correct it.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #13
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanq View Post
Absolutely disgusting. I would have spoken up in a heartbeat.

You do NOT 'take care of business' where you eat. Food and feces DO NOT MIX.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #14
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitbos96bb View Post
Playing devil's advocate here, depending on the tone and approach you took, (I don't know how'd you do it but Based on the comment that you don't care what people think, I hear it in my head as adversarial rather than polite and calm) I could foresee a situation where They, clearly not caring what people think as well, could potentially respond with some very colorful and negative comments about yourself involving language disallowed on these forums, which could lead to an escalated argument. Worse, they could potentially have some crazy in them and respond in a physically violent way against you that leads to injury for you or a family member. Sure they get trespassed and go to jail, but not what ones on a vacation.

I only say this to point out to most people here that in a place like Disney it is probably a far better idea to find a cast member and ask them to correct the behavior rather than taking it upon yourself to try to correct it.

Good point.. and no, I wouldn't not have been adversarial to start.. that's not in my nature. I give people a fair chance to correct their behavior, as I wish would be done to me if I am doing something wrong/improper.

The thing is, by the time it takes to get a cast member, they would probably have been done and on their way. People like them need to hear what they're doing isn't right.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #15
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Absolutely disgusting. People never cease to amaze me.
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: