Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
mario3
Earning My Ears

Talking St. John/St. Thomas excursions on our own

We are sailing Feb. 8 to St. Martin & St. Thomas (so excited). We have an 8 month old & a 7 year old. We just want to chill out, walk around and veg on the beach. Is it safe to catch a taxi to the beaches on these islands?
mario3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
Lissame
DIS Veteran

We just walked around at St Maarten, but we caught taxis in St Thomas to the ferry terminal and then took a ferry to St John and taxi to Trunk Bay. Felt completely safe the entire time, it was a marvelous experience and I would go to St John again in a heartbeat. Didn't really care for St Maarten, but never felt unsafe there either.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
tinkledpink
Earning My Ears

The boat docks on the Dutch side of St Maarten/Martin. I think the French side is much nicer. Marigot harbor has some places to get crepes, and there are some little boutiques. There is a small island you can take a ferry to and lay on the beach and face St Martin. Grand Case has the most wonderful restaurants ( they may only be open in the evenings) but if you just want a beach day, go to Orient Bay. Last time we were there via boat, we just rented a car and drove ( it is very easy). taxis are very safe. They do speak French but everyone speaks English too. So much fun!
tinkledpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: