Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Which Cat T room?

I have been looking at the rooms available on the Dream, as well as reading reviews on each one, and trying to decide which room we would prefer if given the choice.
My first question is do we actually get a choice - or is it allocated to us and it is what it is?
Second - has anyone ever stayed in room 12000? If so how does this compare to any of the other cat T rooms please.
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

Yes you do get a choice. Personally I like the bump out rooms on Deck 12. The bump out rooms are the ones that if you look on the dream/fantasy extend farther outside the ship on deck 11/12. These would be 12012, 12006, 12506, 12512 and 11002/11006.

The bump out rooms have a much bigger verandah, the ones on Deck11 are the biggest but they are enclosed with a plastic bubble with just a couple foot tall rectangle in the middle that is open to air, whereas Deck 12 verandahs are open air.

I've stayed in 11002, 12006, and will be in 12506 next weekend!

Oh and being on Deck 12 is nice as you are right next to the lounge so you can just pop out of your room into the lounge to grab a coffee, snack etc!
mrkyyyle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
cypressmom
Love my Disney vacations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus928 View Post
I have been looking at the rooms available on the Dream, as well as reading reviews on each one, and trying to decide which room we would prefer if given the choice.
My first question is do we actually get a choice - or is it allocated to us and it is what it is?
Second - has anyone ever stayed in room 12000? If so how does this compare to any of the other cat T rooms please.
We almost booked 12000 on the Fantasy but opted not to. My concern was noise from the teen deck below and people looking down on the verandah from above. Not sure if either are valid reasons not to book the suite, but that is why we didn't. Instead, we opted for 12512 with the bump-out verandah.

Disney World, 1986,1995, 2011 & 2014
Disneyland, 2001, 2007, 2010, 2011 & 2013
Disney Cruise Line, 2012 & 2014
cypressmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
cheerbearsmiles
Disney Princess of New Jersey!

How does one book a Category T room?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that Category T is Concierge level, something I will never be familiar with :-P
Old 01-31-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
Belleluvswdw
Mouseketeer

12000 was awesome... The view from the verandah was amazing! No noise issues at all. If it were available again, I'd always snag that one first! Loved it!
Belleluvswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #6
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As the PPs have said, you do get to choose... assuming there is more than one available. We upgraded at port in September to 12020. We loved the location on deck 12 near the lounge, but I would have loved to be on the starboard side of the ship for the better view of CC. If we were booking a cat T in advance, my first choice would be 12512 for the larger verandah and my second choice would be 12520 (the equivalent to our room but on the starboard side).

ETA: I seem to recall seeing a thread in which someone was bumped from 12000 because the people in one of the Royals decided they wanted it. I'm not sure whether that was a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of thing or whether it's a real concern with that room.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:56 PM   #7
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies. I had narrowed it down to 12000, 12506 or 12512 (the last two because of the bump and starboard location) and your comments have confirmed that I am thinking along the right lines.
I am using Allison at DU as my TA, and have requested these rooms as a preference so hopefully we will get one if them.
Would I find out when booking if I have been successful or would that come at a later date - i.e. our PIF date?
Old 01-31-2014, 05:15 PM   #8
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I had narrowed it down to 12000, 12506 or 12512 (the last two because of the bump and starboard location) and your comments have confirmed that I am thinking along the right lines.
I am using Allison at DU as my TA, and have requested these rooms as a preference so hopefully we will get one if them.
Would I find out when booking if I have been successful or would that come at a later date - i.e. our PIF date?
You would know as soon as your TA books which room you got (unless they were all out of Cat T rooms and you went on a waitlist)

I'll bump this thread if I remember when I get back from my cruise in a couple weeks to let you know how 12506 was!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:20 PM   #9
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyyyle View Post
You would know as soon as your TA books which room you got (unless they were all out of Cat T rooms and you went on a waitlist) I'll bump this thread if I remember when I get back from my cruise in a couple weeks to let you know how 12506 was!
That's brilliant. Thank you very much.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:37 PM   #10
calimom951
Earning My Ears

Thanks for posting this thread OP. Exactly the question I had. I know what a bump out Varanda is. But what is starboard? Not sure what that is. Also another question. Are all the Cat Ts with bump out Verandas easily seen from above? Or is it just the 12000 room? This would be for the DREAM.
calimom951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:55 PM   #11
Maddon
Earning My Ears

We stayed in cabin 12000 on the Dream. Amazing cabin! We would book it again in a heartbeat. The verandah is huge. There is a very large area undercover. We had four deck chairs and two tables here and still there was loads of extra space. The uncovered part of the deck had two lounge chairs as well as a table and again tons more space. While out on the uncovered part we could here conversations above us. Heck,we even had a conversation with some "new friends" above us one night at sunset. If we wanted privacy all we had to do was go under cover. Other then a few voices we never heard other noises from above. Noise from the teen club was never an issue. This was without a doubt my favorite cabin ever on a cruise.
Maddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:11 PM   #12
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calimom951 View Post
Thanks for posting this thread OP. Exactly the question I had. I know what a bump out Varanda is. But what is starboard? Not sure what that is. Also another question. Are all the Cat Ts with bump out Verandas easily seen from above? Or is it just the 12000 room? This would be for the DREAM.
Starboard is the right side of the ship - I believe you can see the fireworks from the verandahs on those ( not 100% sure though - or if you are even supposed to be on them when the show is going on!) Also when the ship backs into Castaway Cay you have a beautiful view of the island as the beach is basically straight ahead outside of your window!

I don't know that you can "easily" see into the verandahs of the bumpout ones. People above might be able to see the exposed portion of extra bumpout but the majority of the verandah is still covered.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:13 PM   #13
calimom951
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddon View Post
We stayed in cabin 12000 on the Dream. Amazing cabin! We would book it again in a heartbeat. The verandah is huge. There is a very large area undercover. We had four deck chairs and two tables here and still there was loads of extra space. The uncovered part of the deck had two lounge chairs as well as a table and again tons more space. While out on the uncovered part we could here conversations above us. Heck,we even had a conversation with some "new friends" above us one night at sunset. If we wanted privacy all we had to do was go under cover. Other then a few voices we never heard other noises from above. Noise from the teen club was never an issue. This was without a doubt my favorite cabin ever on a cruise.
WOW! I think you talked me into that room. Thanks.
calimom951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:34 AM   #14
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

12000 is a great room (stayed on Fantasy). Another aspect to that room is that you have your own private hallway, which is a great place to leave your luggage/strollers/bulky items. I did write a review on the boards, but I'll repeat here: the hot tubs from both Royals abut that verandah. The people in the Walt used their hot tub like Blizzard Beach, with the kids constantly screaming and jumping in and out of it. They had a party in it every night. THAT was the only noise issues we had. Luckily, the people in the Roy weren't as obnoxious.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: