Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #46
cmhguy
Mouseketeer

CSR - we loved it....we hated it....we had the best experience...and we had the worst experience.....all in the same stay. After our stay at POR this year, we agree we want to go back to CSR and try it again..... POR wasn't a negative situation in the least....but it confirmed the things we loved about CSR were kinda of a big deal to us....

Loves...
- the theme, grounds, layout of resort around the lake, views, and etc.....
- the pool and quiet pools
- the buses - can't say enough about this one - we found the convention aspect to be a real positive to the buses - never crowded and always had a seat even at peak times
- we loved the quiet aspect of Ranchos and felt the walk to El Centro was minimal
- little beaches with hammocks
- the reflection of the sunsets, sunrises, evening lights in the lake - so pretty!

didn't love...
- we had a very negative experience with a filthy room ....not talking about a dirty light fixture and a hair in the sink kinda thing either.... management had a big time lack of concern.....
cmhguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #47
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
We were longing for the POR food court which we think is great.
* The convention aspect. We didn't think anything of the fact that it was a convention resort when we booked, but conventioners definitely dominated the resort. Many suits and ties working on laptops at the tables around the lake during the day, and a very crowded Laguna Bar around 5pm. They were not rude or problematic, but their presence detracted from the vacation/resort feel we were looking for.
* We were in Cabanas 9A which is closest to Bus Stop 1, which is the last stop to be picked up and last stop to be dropped off (except DTD). Whenever we used this stop, we had to stand on the bus and when returning from a long day at the parks we had to decide if we wanted to make a longer walk and get off at the first stop or ride the bus for another 15 minutes around to our stop. We often would walk all the way over to Bus Stop 2 in Casitas because that stop is first to be picked up, and first to be dropped off.
These are super important information. We liked the resort, but were in the closest Cabana as well, Bussing from the main bus stop, which is the one you would normally take, since it is so close is BAD. Full busses go by, you wait and wait and CM's have to stand there with clipboards trying to figure out what to do. Go either to 1 stop prior or 1 stop after. Or, get a farther back Cabana so you are closer to the last bus stop before the main (and really last) bus stop. I believe the only time the main bus stop is first is like DTD or something.

We loved the food and once you figure out how PM works, it's great. Do yourself a favor and just take your meal to go, and sit at one of the outside tables. That way you're not at the mercy of tipping someone to not bring your drinks in a timely manner.
Also, there is plenty of other options there besides Mexican.
If you ask me, the food there is better than CBR and POFQ, but no way is it better than POR,

It is beautiful lit up at night, and the convenience of the arcade to tables outside by the bar if you have kids is great.

The only thing wrong with the place is that it's not POR

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 AM   #48
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
These are super important information. We liked the resort, but were in the closest Cabana as well, Bussing from the main bus stop, which is the one you would normally take, since it is so close is BAD. Full busses go by, you wait and wait and CM's have to stand there with clipboards trying to figure out what to do. Go either to 1 stop prior or 1 stop after. Or, get a farther back Cabana so you are closer to the last bus stop before the main (and really last) bus stop. I believe the only time the main bus stop is first is like DTD or something.

We loved the food and once you figure out how PM works, it's great. Do yourself a favor and just take your meal to go, and sit at one of the outside tables. That way you're not at the mercy of tipping someone to not bring your drinks in a timely manner.
Also, there is plenty of other options there besides Mexican.
If you ask me, the food there is better than CBR and POFQ, but no way is it better than POR,

It is beautiful lit up at night, and the convenience of the arcade to tables outside by the bar if you have kids is great.

The only thing wrong with the place is that it's not POR
The people with clipboards are not trying to figure out what to do at the bus stop.They know what they are doing, expediting the buses.

Also the Pepper Market no longer charges a tip. That is a very recent change, and one that will make a lot of people happy.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #49
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

Also the Pepper Market no longer charges a tip. That is a very recent change, and one that will make a lot of people happy.
I thought I had seen this mentioned on the boards before. Does PM still operate the same way then? We have to get tickets and have them stamped? Are there still people bringing drinks also? We are getting the refillable mugs so I was wondering how that worked!
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #50
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AThrillingChase View Post
I thought I had seen this mentioned on the boards before. Does PM still operate the same way then? We have to get tickets and have them stamped? Are there still people bringing drinks also? We are getting the refillable mugs so I was wondering how that worked!
You get your own drinks now.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #51
beckysko
Mouseketeer

I'm glad to have found this thread - we are now staying at CSR, instead of CR and I was kind of bummed. DH's company booked rooms there for a convention they are attending offsite and they moved them all to CSR because of availability. I was looking forward to CR, but oh well.

For those that had issues with the bussing, was it during peak seasons? We are going end of Feb, so it should be relatively slow. Wondering if the bus issues are related to how busy it might be at the time you visited.

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
beckysko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #52
hammie59
DIS Veteran

I liked CSR very much, and we were there in 2008 right before the remodel. I think it looks even better now that I've seen the updates to the rooms. (To me it's like a mini deluxe). The grounds are very pretty and relaxing. Loved the hammocks near the water, Pepper Market has a lot of choices with good food. The kids play area is better than most, I think. We were in Cabanas section with water view. Buses are dedicated and quick.

1985-1993-1999-off site
2008-CSR/ASMo
2011-POP
dh me ds11 dd6
hammie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #53
BrianL
Doom Buggy Driver

I am booked for May at CSR and have been looking forward to it. After reading this, one thing that gives me pause is the immense size/convention issues. Should I expect busses to be crowded? Does it take long to hit all the stops. Last time I used busses was at POP and they have just the one stop. I am a Rope Drop to Close person, so will only be riding at those times.

We had the option of Caribbean Beach, but CSR looked nicer. Any advice? Thanks.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #54
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I am booked for May at CSR and have been looking forward to it. After reading this, one thing that gives me pause is the immense size/convention issues. Should I expect busses to be crowded? Does it take long to hit all the stops. Last time I used busses was at POP and they have just the one stop. I am a Rope Drop to Close person, so will only be riding at those times.

The buses are less crowded at CSR because it is a convention resort. The people going to the conventions don't use the Disney park buses.

I also wouldn't say CSR is immense. CBR, yes. CSR no. Whatever you do don't change to CBR thinking it will be better bus wise. CBR has 7 bus stops compared to the 4 at CSR. I've stayed at both and found the bus service at CSR to be worlds better.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #55
Disneychick75
DIS Veteran

Quote:

CSR isn't that immense. The Poly seemed just as large and spread out. We only ran into a convention once during all of our stays. The buses were not crowded at all because the conventioneers had to attend meetings. There may have been family members of those people but the buses still weren't crowded.
If I'm not mistaken, the bus stop near Casitas 4 is the first bus stop even though it's marked Bus Stop 2. We stayed in Casitas 5 on our first trip and I don't remember it seeming to take long. If you don't want to be on the bus for even a little while, request Ranchos 7B or Cabanas 8 A or 8 B. They're right near bus stop 4 or the 3rd bus stop. The last one being at El Centro which is the main building. Or you could just catch it at EL Centro and go straight to the parks. The only problem would be if it's super crowded. We have never had a problem with not being able to sit on a bus and we were there at Spring Break, Memorial Day weekend, and Thanksgiving week over the years.
This is a link to the Coronado Springs map if you want to look it over for yourself:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm
Disneychick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #56
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
The buses are less crowded at CSR because it is a convention resort. The people going to the conventions don't use the Disney park buses.

I also wouldn't say CSR is immense. CBR, yes. CSR no. Whatever you do don't change to CBR thinking it will be better bus wise. CBR has 7 bus stops compared to the 4 at CSR. I've stayed at both and found the bus service at CSR to be worlds better.
Yes, don't change. The bus ride around CBR is really long and I found the buses to be more crowded at CBR.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #57
ginnygi
Mouseketeer

hot tub!!!

I loved the hot tub!
I felt like it was the best location as far as short transportation to all the parks. It was very centrally located. The bus rides were shorten then from CBR.
My husband loved the landscaping.

I was not a fan of the food court. The mandatory tipping seemed a little much for me. Id rather throw my trash away myself and not pay 18% to have someone do it for me.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #58
BrianL
Doom Buggy Driver

Thanks for the tips. It's still bigger than I am used to (without a car anyway).

If I need to make the Welcome Show at MK, is there a best bus stop/time to be there? Is there a best section to stay in?

Thanks!
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #59
maxiesmom

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. It's still bigger than I am used to (without a car anyway).

If I need to make the Welcome Show at MK, is there a best bus stop/time to be there? Is there a best section to stay in?

Thanks!
I like Casitas 4. It is non preferred, but the first bus stop picked up, stop #2, is right behind the building. Plus there is a quiet pool steps away and the fitness center is there too.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #60
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

Being that we live in FL for us it's nice to have a resort that isn't beach themed. We liked the rooms, adult feel but still disney touches. The pool area is big enough to not feel like we're on top of other people. Being close to the 24h McDonalds is nice when it super late in particular. It's nice that it's in the moderate price point but has some of the same amenities as the deluxe resorts, such as the spa. I do not like the quick serve food area. I agree with previous posters that it's just not set up well for the first time user.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: