Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
tlady
Mouseketeer

What Did You Like/Dislike About Coronado Springs?

We are staying at CS on our next trip.

All of our previous trips have been at deluxe resorts : AKL, Poly and WL. So, I have no firsthand experience with a moderate resort.

If you've previously stayed at CS, would love to hear what you liked/didn't like about the resort. It looks lovely in the pictures.

We would have stayed at deluxe again, but the prices are outrageously high, so we opted for a moderate this time.
tlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:23 PM   #2
BigAlsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlady View Post
We are staying at CS on our next trip.

All of our previous trips have been at deluxe resorts : AKL, Poly and WL. So, I have no firsthand experience with a moderate resort.

If you've previously stayed at CS, would love to hear what you liked/didn't like about the resort. It looks lovely in the pictures.

We would have stayed at deluxe again, but the prices are outrageously high, so we opted for a moderate this time.
I liked the beds. The comforter is really nice. I also liked the landscaping. So beautiful.

We really disliked the food options. The Mexican theme got old really quickly too.
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2014, 11:27 PM   #3
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Loved, just about everything

The rooms (Cabanas are awesome, love the beaches and hammocks just out front by the lakes)

The lakes to walk around during the day and ... oh, at night, beautiful.

The Main and quite pools, both fantastic.

The Main pool hot tub and beach volley ball courts and bar ... all, awesome.

The Food, I disagree with the PP, LOVED the Maya Grill, there are a ton of options and each time we went it was delicious. And We have eaten just about everywhere at WDW.

Really, I don't have a single complaint about CSR.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #4
tlady
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reply. I'm not crazy about Mexican food either.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #5
tlady
Mouseketeer

Thanks. Your response makes me even more excited!
At first I was disappointed we weren't returning to AKL. Have stayed there 4 times and simply love it. But now I'm excited to experience a different resort.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:31 PM   #6
tlady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlsGal View Post
I liked the beds. The comforter is really nice. I also liked the landscaping. So beautiful.

We really disliked the food options. The Mexican theme got old really quickly too.
Sorry I initially misinterpreted your comments. You weren't specifically talking about Mexican food, just the Mexican theming!
Old 01-31-2014, 12:45 AM   #7
Disneychick75
DIS Veteran

There's nothing that we didn't like about CSR. The theme,food,beds,landscaping, uses, cms were all wonderful. We love Mexican food but only ate at the resort a couple of times. If we ate every meal there, we would have tired of it but there is a lot of variety.
Disneychick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:35 AM   #8
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

We normally stay at riverside! but we chose CSR this time and we fell in LOVE with the resort!!! I loved everything about it from the location, the room decor, bedding and the wooden doors separating the dressing area and the bed room. My husband loved having a desk in there too. The grounds are just beautiful and everything was just perfect. The food court was great too!!

We where in building 5, but I wish that I had booked a preferred room to put us in building 1 or 2. That's the only thing I would have changed, but even that was not a big deal at all because we still shared the same bus stop, which turned out to be the best one at the resort!! First on & first off!!

I hope you have a wonderful time!! It's truly the closest moderate resort to a Deluxe resort that we have stayed at. Much better than CBR, and I can't believe I'm saying it, but it's true, it's better than Riverside in my family's opinion too!!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:48 AM   #9
Villains_Rock
For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great.

I loved the theming!! Loved the pool!! Loved the décor in the rooms!! Loved the property for running!!

The only thing I didn't love was the set-up for drinks and the food.

That said, I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Villains_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:42 AM   #10
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Great theming and beautiful landscaping.

Great pool and hot tub.

Great bus service.

Central location between all the parks.

Comfortable beds and nice vanity area (like how it has doors instead of a curtain).

Dislikes:

Resort is huge (we were in the Ranchos section and it was quite a hike to the main buliding).

Convention resort, so you see a lot of people there on business, which somewhat detracts from the relaxation factor.

We didn't try the restaurants.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:52 AM   #11
team-o nemo
Earning My Ears

The rooms are beautiful. They very much have a deluxe feel to them.

The pool is great with an awesome theming and a great slide.

The grounds are beautiful, too. My kids had so much fun just walking around the resort.

The only thing we didn't like was Pepper's Market. The food was actually really good, but the service was a little bad and confusing.
DD, 3
DD, 1
team-o nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:16 AM   #12
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

CS is my favorite moderate. I like the theming, the Pepper Market, the fitness center, the size because I like to run in the mornings and you can do less loops to get in a decent run, and that it kind of feels a little further away from the parks then the other moderates.

The vast majority of the time I stay at POP because I just care about a room to sleep in and nothing else but when I want to upgrade CS is always my first choice. I hope you like it.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 AM   #13
BigAlsGal
DIS Veteran

Lol. That's ok . Oh and beware the sliding doors that divide the rooms. We made the mistake of leaving one side closed before bed and ran into it on my way to the bathroom. Haha! The wood is so dark. It just looked like I was walking through the opening.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:36 AM   #14
Tink0812
Mouseketeer

We just stayed there back in October for the first time....

DH liked the ceiling fan (he can't sleep without a fan)
The beds were comfy and the comforters were nice
We had a room with a King bed and it was still pretty spacious
Bars were good with a lot of drink choices
Quiet pool in Cabanas section was peaceful
We were in between bus stop 4 and bus stop 1 with about a 5 min walk to each which allowed us a choice, do we want to go straight back to our room and get off of the bus earlier or do we want to go to El Centro and be last off?
Bus service was good though!

Dislikes:
The bathroom was tiny and not all that clean
The resort was huge and we were too far from the Dig Site pool
Food options were lacking and what was available wasn't all that great either
Mousekeeping only cleaned our room two times during our 9 day stay (the second was by our request too)
The theming did get old pretty quick and the atmosphere catered more to the convention crowd than the Disney crowd. We missed the Disney ambience present at all of the other resorts we stayed at.

Overall we were pretty disappointed! I know that every person is entitled to their own opinion and in my opinion, we will never go back! I hate saying that about anything on Disney property but we have had so many better times at other resorts.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:31 AM   #15
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

I stayed there for a quick solo 3 night trip in December and I'm headed back with my boyfriend in June. We own DVC at Boardwalk and usually stay there, and have stayed at Pop when we were out of points. I really expected to not like CSR. I always thought it looked so spread out and inconvenient. Maybe I got lucky, but my room was so close to bus stop 4, very convenient to the pool, and not very far from El Centro. I really liked the room decor. I'd prefer a table to the desk, but it's not a huge deal. The resort also really is centrally located between all the parks. I'm looking forward to a short cab ride to Hollywood Studios for those super early Star Wars Weekend mornings.

I only originally stayed there because values were sold out for the CM discount. I never thought the upgrade from value to mod would be worth it. But if its in the budget, it's definitely worth it.

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
marsh0013 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: