Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 01:51 PM   #16
chari273
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge333 View Post
I'm encouraged by what I'm seeing. We stayed at POR and really liked it but from the pictures of the pool and grounds, I think my girls would really like CBR. I'm hoping there will be a refurb, just because I like the idea of staying in recently updated rooms. We're not too concerned with the size or having to walk too far. What about the Food Court? How is it? BTW, Policycobb, we are practically neighbors, I live in western KY, too.
I am also from Western KY and will be staying at CBR in the latter part of June for our first moderate resort stay! I am encouraged by the posts refurb or no refurb (smiles)! Of course I am holding a little hope for a queen bed, but we would have been in full beds at POP if we weren't here anyway. I have requested a preferred room in Martinique 25 or 26 or Trinidad North 31. I am really excited to experience a moderate! I have read a lot about the bus stops, we will have a rental car anyway, is it in the best interest of time to drive ourselves to the parks or stick with the buses?

Last edited by chari273; 01-31-2014 at 01:58 PM.
chari273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #17
DisneyAnytime
Mouseketeer

CBR is awesome! Since the Royal Rooms debuted at POR, I have wanted to stay there but cannot bring myself to leave CBR; like actually almost became ill at the thought! So, this trip will be the best of both for me: room only for one night (arrival day) at POR - Royal Room with our package stay at CBR.

As to the OPs specific questions:

1. There is a rumored refurb coming in April. However, since there hasn't been an official announcement, this may be more like a "refresh" than a refurb. The biggest part of that rumor is upgrading the beds to queens.

2. Given my angst at the thought of changing resorts, ABSOLUTELY recommend even without refurb. (most recent stay in 2011)

3. Believe it or not, we've never spent much time at the main pool. It looks awesome but the times we have been at Disney the weather didn't really cooperate for swimming or the kids were more interested in napping than swimming (or were happy in the quiet pool).

The food court has a great selection as does the gift shop. I typically do most of my shopping at the resort while the family is having their down time. (I'm very much type A and don't do "down time" well )

It is a very large resort but your max walk at a normal pace would be around 15 minutes, depending on if your DDs like to find treasures along the way. regardless of which island village you are in, you will be close to a bus stop and a quiet pool.

Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we always do!!

DD (12) Anna Drew (14)

DisneyAnytime is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: