Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
bball15fan
Mouseketeer

Breakfast at Ohana or Cape May Cafe?

I was leaning towards Ohana...but I see so many great things about Cape May. The girlfriend and I don't necessarily eat the same stuff...so is this a problem at Ohana?

Where to go? :
Old 01-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Cape May is a buffet with a decent amount of choices. O'Hana is family style and you get what you get, which isn't much variety, especially if you don't care for typical eggs and meat breakfast fare.

For a buffet, Cape May's selection is more limited than other breakfast buffets but it gets good reviews because the restaurant is quieter than most of the other character meals and the character interaction is very good. However, the food variety is less than what you will find at Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, etc.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

Ohana was always our favorite, but we went in December and won't be back. The characters seemed awfully rushed and Pluto was so rushed that he was just somewhat rude. Plus I ended up with food poisoning.

We tried Cape May a few days later and that's all we've talked about since the trip- we LOVED it!

Dislover1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #4
Miumiu4me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislover1991 View Post
Ohana was always our favorite, but we went in December and won't be back. The characters seemed awfully rushed and Pluto was so rushed that he was just somewhat rude. Plus I ended up with food poisoning.

We tried Cape May a few days later and that's all we've talked about since the trip- we LOVED it!
I wonder if there was just a bad Pluto in rotation. We went to Ohana Dec and Pluto left after thirty seconds.
Miumiu4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
brekken1
Mouseketeer

We love breakfast at 'Ohana and try to make an ADR on our last morning each time. We have enjoyed the food and of course, the kids love the characters, especially Lilo and Stitch.
brekken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #6
kimj88
Mouseketeer

We did both on our last trip and greatly preferred Cape May for both the food and character interaction
kimj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
MisterGoofy1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
Cape May is a buffet with a decent amount of choices. O'Hana is family style and you get what you get, which isn't much variety, especially if you don't care for typical eggs and meat breakfast fare.

For a buffet, Cape May's selection is more limited than other breakfast buffets but it gets good reviews because the restaurant is quieter than most of the other character meals and the character interaction is very good. However, the food variety is less than what you will find at Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, etc.
IMO, Chef Mickey's is the most overrated restaurant at the world. We tried Tusker House a couple weeks ago for the first time,and it was OK. Nothing special, but also nothing bad, well except for paying about $7 more per person for buffet over Cape May.

Cape May is a must for us every time we go to WDW.
MisterGoofy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball15fan View Post
I was leaning towards Ohana...but I see so many great things about Cape May. The girlfriend and I don't necessarily eat the same stuff...so is this a problem at Ohana?

Where to go? :
My choice would be Cape May. We love Ohana and have been several times, but Cape May is our favorite breakfast on property and is a must do for us every trip. The buffet has a lot of variety, the atmosphere is nice, and the characters are cute as they are dressed in beach wear. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: