Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #16
Mnemorath
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
Are you looking at August this year? If so, you will want to try and get a reservation in as soon as possible. I was checking this morning and the first two cruises in August are down to inside and oceanview rooms only for a family of 4 (all verandah rooms are booked). The two cruises later in August do have more availability (and the last one in August is much cheaper since a lot of kids are already back in school at that time).

We are booked on the August 11th cruise so I may be able to help with any Alaska planning questions. I have been researching like crazy for the past year

Best of luck with planning and thank you so much for your service!!!
May be Alaska, may not be. therein lies the problem. I don't know as I have little info to go on as the wife refuses to push more.

I have not even been given the go ahead to begin planning
Mnemorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:23 AM   #17
CM Dad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemorath View Post
May be Alaska, may not be. therein lies the problem. I don't know as I have little info to go on as the wife refuses to push more.

I have not even been given the go ahead to begin planning
An earlier poster said that cancellation penalties occur when you are 75 days from your cruise. That is not necessarily true, and is definitely not true for an Alaskan cruise, since you depart from/return to Vancouver, Canada.

From the FAQs in the Disney cruiseline web site (https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...apply-payment/).

Your full and final payment depends on the length of your cruise, the embark and debark port, and if you are staying in a suite/concierge stateroom or a non-suite/non-concierge stateroom:

For cruises less than 10 days where the Embark or Debark is a U.S. Port, payment for Suites/Concierge staterooms must be made 90 days or more prior to departure and for Non-Suite/Non-Concierge staterooms payment must be made 75 days or more prior to departure.

For cruises of 10 days or more and cruises less than 10 days where the Embark or Debark is a non-U.S. Port, payment for Suites/Concierge staterooms must be made 150 days or more prior to departure and for Non-Suite/Non-Concierge staterooms payment must be made 120 days or more prior to departure.

The actual cancellation policy I found on their site is:

Cruise Cancellation Fees:

CATEGORIES WITH RESTRICTIONS: Reservations for Inside, Outside or Verandah Categories with Restrictions are NONREFUNDABLE and NONTRANSFERABLE. A 100% cruise cancellation fee applies from time of payment.

Cruises Less Than 10 days where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port
Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date Fee Amount
45 days or more Deposit per Guest for Suites/Concierge staterooms
74-45 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge staterooms
44-30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
29-15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less 100% of vacation price per Guest

Cruises of 10 days or More and Cruises Less Than 10 days where Embark and Debark is non-U.S. Port
Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date Fee Amount
56 days or more Deposit per Guest for Suites/Concierge staterooms
119-56 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge rooms
55-30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
29-15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less 100% of vacation price per Guest
CM Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: