Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #46
WelshPrince
Earning My Ears

I remember reading somewhere that there are rumoured plans to turn the area around Star Tours in DLP into Star Wars land with Pizza Planet being turned in the Mos Eisley Cantina. Could a restaurant like this work in DHS?
WelshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #47
Amanda Esmeralda
Mouseketeer

You know what I would love? A Disney-villain hangover brunch. The morning after drinking around the world, you can go to brunch with the villains, sip bloody mary's and hang out without children.

(Love kids, but it would be cool to have a 21+ character experience!)

11/96 Offsite (Vistana) 11/2000 Offsite (Embassy Suites) 11/10 Honeymoon Offsite (Parc Soleil), 3/11 HHI, 6/11 POFQ, 5/12 POR, 11/12 CSR, 5/13 DLR, 9/13 AKL, 4/14 ASM

9/14 -- Finally! Boardwalk Villas!

9/15 -- WBTA on DCL!
Amanda Esmeralda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #48
GigiDisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

I know my family would love a Villains Character meal, or at least somewhere to meet them. We were there in March and I went to the restroom and was going to meet them in Fantasyland, 5 minutes later they call me to tell me to hurry they were the last ones in line for Anastasia, Drizella, and Lady Tremaine. I was running across the park to get there in time. We were so excited and they were the most fun characters the entire trip. They were completely in character in a fun way, not scary.

Me, DD(21), DD(15), DGD(2)

Feb. 1987, 1988, and 1990 offsite; July 1992 offsite; Aug 1994 offsite; Oct 1996 Poly and POR(bayou); Sept. 1997 ASMu; Nov. 1998 CBR; May 2002 AKL; Dec. 2004 & 2005 POR(mansions), Mar. 2009 CSR, Mar. 2013 YC,
GigiDisneyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #49
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

I don't think I'd be interested. I am more in a happy mood kind of thing when I eat . A villain meal wouldn't be my thing
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:58 PM   #50
Footnotegirl
Mouseketeer

My reaction to a Villains meal (or park, or even just 'more villain characters in the parks') would boil down to this:
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!
In other words, so much yes. The villains seem to have so much fun and really be the very best cast interactions. And not every kid, even the little ones, are scared of them. My 2 year old loves "Ebuhl Keen!" (Evil Queen) and throws up her hands and tilts back her head and laughs maniacally every time she see's Maleficent. She thinks Facilier is funny.
(Yes, we do wonder if she will be our Evil Overlord someday...)
So we'd love interactions that include our little one, but I also think that an adults only villains champagne brunch would be AWESOME. Who wouldn't want to share a table with Mother Gothel, Maleficent, the Evil Queen and Lady Tremaine as they sip mimosa's and snark on those idiot girls what did them wrong?
Ever since the Adventurer's Club shut down, I think Disney World has been sadly lacking in fun that's just for grown ups. Grown ups are part of the family too!
Footnotegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:11 PM   #51
jetsdude
Earning My Ears

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE the villains what I wouldn't do to have this happen. Unfortunately I don't think this will happen at least any time soon. If they did create this where would they put it?
jetsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:22 PM   #52
erddig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM

Totally Agree! We still talk about that meal all these years later. The best character meal we ever ate at. Loved Smee and Capt Hook.
Us too, we loved it and still talk about it, we went in Feb 2000 I think my DH was more thrilled then DS to meet Prince John. The characters acted more naughty then scary. I'd book in a minute

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
April 13 HK Disney
Oct '12 anniversary trip with Hubby F&WF; DDD
Apr '12 WDW. and beach; Offsite/Timeshare
Apr '11 WDW and US Offsite/Timeshare
Oct '09 quick trip Offsite/Timeshare
Feb '09 2nd Familiy Reunion SOG
Feb '07 1st family reunion-15 members and growing, offsite/ Time share
Feb '05 offsite/Time share
Feb '02 Fort Wilderness
Feb '01 Fort Wilderness
Aug '73
erddig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:09 AM   #53
CaptainKat
Mouseketeer

Oh how I would love this! It would probably not be great for most smaller kids, but I could see a lot of the older ones being into it. And what could be better for Disney than getting families with older kids and parties of adults to pay $40 a head for pretty cheap buffet food?? XD

True, it may not have the pull to consistently draw crowds year round. But make it a Halloween season offering, or a weekend like Star Wars has, and you'll sell it out pretty quickly, if the crowds at this year's villains party at DHS is any indicator. I think it would have a better chance at success now as compared to 14 years ago when they last tried it. We're in an era where villains are much more popular and are getting more focus and their own movies, even within the Disney family of companies.

So for part of the year, have the villains "take over" a dining location, set up a buffet, throw in some of our favourite baddies, and as a previous poster put it "shut up and take my money."

Accepted for DCP Fall Advantage in the Pirate's League! Let the Countdown begin!
CaptainKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:37 AM   #54
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

tbh, I'd be happy with any of these suggestions but our top picks would be Pirates or Star Wars. There really need to be more TS restaurants in WDW -- you can't even book anything good in advance anymore.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #55
lauriko
Earning My Ears

Oh I would love to see this! I was in WDW for the Villains Party, but was unable to actually get to the park. The traffic was crazy!

Disney does have a ton of character dining that is suited towards younger kids, but we all know that us "older kids" want to have some fun as well. I'd gladly go!

It does seem that the Villains have gained attention over the past few years and people are definitely wanting to meet with them. Seeing the characters now in the parks is awesome and they usually have super long lines to interact with them.

Disney Dreaming....
lauriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:57 AM   #56
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

I would certainly go. As an adult Cruella is my favorite and the only character meet I am currently interested in. But as a child Ursula scared me so bad. But, I would love to meet her and totally expect to hear her do that laugh. I think it would be fun. I also think that doing this as an adults experience is a good idea; but, if it's for the whole family then it's a choice parents would have to be wise about whether or not their child could handle it. As far as having it all the time I don't see that. But, at special times multiple times a year is a good idea so that those who can't travel at Halloween could attend.

ASMu-2007, CSR-2012, CSR-2013, AKL-1/2014, CSR-10/2014
Offsite: 1991, 1993, 1996, 2005
lovelygirl1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #57
ldymcbth
Mom of 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardisblue View Post
The Villains shop at DHS is a joke. Usually filled with just Jack Skellington gear, who is a great character but come on! Maleficent? Ursula? Dr. Facilier? Jafar? There are plenty more and it would sell like crazy.
It used to carry a TON more real Villains stuff but over the years those items went by the wayside. It's a bummer.

I would totally go to a Villains dinner - no question.
*WDW (AoA) - late Aug 2014
*DLR - fall 2014
ldymcbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #58
Kristina685
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalayney View Post
Let's go bigger!

Actually.... (and I have put a lot of thought into this... ha ha) if they ever open a 5th park to Disneyworld? It should be an "all villain" park with the main focus being "thrill rides/roller coasters" . Take the top 4 disney villians of all time (that could be a whole other thread, lol) ... and make them into some awesome wicked roller coasters. Oh yes! Make another 4 more calmer rides for the whole family. Have 2 different sit down table service restaurants, 3 or 4 different counter service ones. Throw in a kick butt broadway style show, 2 meet and greets, some interactive $50 ticket/per child hour long "how to be an evil villain" party.... throw in at least 3 large souvy/trinket shops... and booya. Success and $$$ and happy Disney lovers that can get their thrills right on property w/out having to go over to Islands of Adventure. I think if it was themed right, it would be such fun and the teens/adults would eat this up.
THIS WOULD BE AMAZING!! I think Disney should take you up on your idea haha. As for the Villain meal, YES, YES OMG YES. The many villains are one of my favorite parts of Disney with Ursula being my favorite followed by Maleficent. I don't consider Jack Skellington to be a villain but he is my favorite character.

The store at DHS is a joke. We just came home yesterday and I was disappointed at the lack of merchandise there.

WDW Vacations:
1995 CBR
2000 Off Site
2014 POR Riverside
2015 TBD
Kristina685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #59
sifko36
Earning My Ears

Wow having a villains dining experience would be beyond amazing
Old 02-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #60
super mike b
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
In which case having a regular "Villains Weekend" rather like the Star Wars Weekends might be a better option than having it being there all the time.
Great idea. Why not during Halloween?
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: