Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #16
delyrium
Mouseketeer

I would love to go to a villains meal. Alas, I wouldn't be able to bring my kids there- they're too little and would freak out.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #17
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2pixies View Post
I was trolling this forum looking for news about some new dining experiences, as I thought I saw something online about a Disney Fairies character dining experience (which I'm guessing would be too good to be true!), but I haven't seen anything. This led me to think about other dining experiences and whether or not they would be successful. How many folks would be interested in attending a villains dining reservation? I can see this one being very successful--especially if it was set in a dark and dangerous restaurant--a dark castle, a dungeon, a cave beneath a mountain or perhaps even something sinister like the Haunted Mansion. Or how about Star Wars or Marvel character dining?
We would most likely do a Villain meal, not really sure about Marvel. We enjoy the villains, especially around Halloween so would most likely enjoy having them harass us while we are eating.

As much as I know Marvel is a Disney license, I still can't see them in a Disney park. Just my opinion. Maybe HS, but certainly not in the other 3. The Power Rangers looked out of place at HS when they were there and that is pretty much what I picture with the Marvel characters.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #18
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Didn't Disney have a Villains dinner at the GF? My memory is it was discontinued because it wasn't that popular
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #19
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
Didn't Disney have a Villains dinner at the GF? My memory is it was discontinued because it wasn't that popular
Yes. There used to be a Villians dinner at the GF. It was cancelled in the early 2000's due to low interest, or complaints of children being scared. Both seem to be prevailing opinions on its' demise. I can't remember how long it ran for, but it wasn't long, a year or two. I just remember hearing about it when I returned from one trip, planning on it for the next and then "poof", gone. They replaced it with Pooh and now the popular Cinderella meal.
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #20
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspwrhr

Yes. There used to be a Villians dinner at the GF. It was cancelled in the early 2000's due to low interest, or complaints of children being scared. Both seem to be prevailing opinions on its' demise. I can't remember how long it ran for, but it wasn't long, a year or two. I just remember hearing about it when I returned from one trip, planning on it for the next and then "poof", gone. They replaced it with Pooh and now the popular Cinderella meal.
That matches my memory. I don't see any reason why Disney would try it again.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #21
Eoghann
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
It's possible that the villains are so popular *because* they are not readily available most of the time.

In which case having a regular "Villains Weekend" rather like the Star Wars Weekends might be a better option than having it being there all the time.
Eoghann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #22
Mother23SNkids
Earning My Ears

yes. cuase we have dalmatians and it would be so fun to joke around that i got a picture with ms. devill. and we like some of the other evil disney char.
Mother23SNkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #23
xlsm
Snow White

I actually went to the Villain's Dinner when it was at GF. It was one of the best parts of our trip. It wasn't scary at all...in fact, it was hilarious. One of my favorite memories of that night was a little girl a few tables away from us standing on her chair and wagging her finger in Captain Hook's face telling him he was being bad and needs a time out. Captain Hook pretended to cry. The characters acted differently depending on what age group was at a table. I have a picture of Governor Ratcliffe feeding my friend from a fork.

I'd love if they brought it back!

My first trip report! Please join me! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3317206

xlsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #24
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

I would love a villains dining experience or the increased presence of villains in ANY form.

Quote:
I was trolling this forum
Just an FYI. In an internet context "trolling" means "trying to start arguments". I think everyone hear knew what you meant but you might get a bad reaction if you say someone else was trolling.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #25
Ero_FL
AP

Quote:
How many folks would be interested in attending a villains dining reservation? I can see this one being very successful--especially if it was set in a dark and dangerous restaurant--a dark castle, a dungeon, a cave beneath a mountain or perhaps even something sinister like the Haunted Mansion. Or how about Star Wars or Marvel character dining?
Absolutely! We'll be there for Friday the 13th in June and are hoping they do another villain party.

I know Star Wars dining would do well (considering they have Star Wars weekends that are popular- we will be there for the last one this year) and I suspect Marvel would, too.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #26
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlsm View Post
I actually went to the Villain's Dinner when it was at GF. It was one of the best parts of our trip. It wasn't scary at all...in fact, it was hilarious. One of my favorite memories of that night was a little girl a few tables away from us standing on her chair and wagging her finger in Captain Hook's face telling him he was being bad and needs a time out. Captain Hook pretended to cry. The characters acted differently depending on what age group was at a table. I have a picture of Governor Ratcliffe feeding my friend from a fork.

I'd love if they brought it back!
Totally Agree! We still talk about that meal all these years later. The best character meal we ever ate at. Loved Smee and Capt Hook.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #27
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

What's stopping them from using marvel is it would be beyond ridiculous looking to draw off characters in use 7 miles away.

I think it's tacky to even put Spider-Man on the gift carts in WDW...
But nothing is gonna stop that.

Comcast writes them a check for marvel (which they can't stand)...Disney makes marvel movies and rakes... Which send more people to universal... So Comcast writes a bigger check with no overhead. 100% profit

This is so simple...people have been vastly over thinking this since they bought marvel. Profit with no strings attached is EXACTLY what Disney wants. Or anybody for that matter.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #28
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

That would be awesome. Imagine dining at the Haunted Mansion, Pirates Of The Carribean or Tower Of Terror?
Old 01-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #29
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut Giggleface View Post
Nope, you couldn't pay me to go to such a dining experience.

One of the reasons I like Disney is it's a happy place. I get that villains are a necessary evil (pun intended) to a good storyline, but in my opinion, that's where they should stay. There's plenty of villains on the news every night, so when I step into a Disney park, I'm happy to see happy, smiling faces on their characters. I want that temporary break from all the villainy, a time to pretend that everything is right in the world and that good prevails over evil. I don't want to celebrate the villains.
~This, x100! I have no desire to dine with the villains.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #30
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I would love a Villains meal and would go in a heartbeat. Those who are scared could easily avoid it. Star Wars could be OK if they don't make some of the characters too childish. Marvel won't happen so no point in thinking about it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: