Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #31
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLW8 View Post
Thanks everyone, I will have to check out the site for nachi a little closer, but since they do have the wave runners ( DS and I loved them in st maarten), and it is maxed at 100 people, I am leaning that way...
I think it's the better choice for kids. Especially knowing they have the sign and want to keep the Spring Break atmosphere out.
I'm still not over how clean it was. Amazing. And it never felt crowded. You could sit down and order lunch any time you wanted to, or the waiter would come take your order on the beach. So nice....
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #32
spel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylA View Post
Those photos are making me want to go back to Nachi. We really liked it there. I paid for a massage while I was there at less than half the cost of having one on the ship. It was no frills but I could hear the water! Also people should be prepared for taking a taxi to Nachi on their own. Make sure you know where to catch the taxi and the cost, also that if you have younger chilkdren there isn't any car seat or often a way to even put a car seat in if you had brought one. I'd say getting to and from Nachi was the part that stressed me out the most but with a little research and planning it wasn't that big of a deal.
Any advice regarding the taxi situation? We will be 4 adults & 2 kids. Thanks!
spel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2014, 12:42 PM   #33
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spel View Post
Any advice regarding the taxi situation? We will be 4 adults & 2 kids. Thanks!
How old are your kids? They have vans that will hold 6 or more, the price is a flat $20 each way.
I honestly can't remember if I used a seat belt or not. It's a straight shot down the main street, two lane divided road, but there's usually quite a bit of traffic, so they don't have the chance to go fast....35 at the most?

I would probably just hold my kids if they were little, but I grew up in the time when they didn't even have car seats for my brothers and I when we were little.

EDITED TO ADD: I just did some searching around, and some of the taxi's do have seatbelts, some don't. If you bring your own car seat, you can ask at the taxi stand for a car with seatbelts. You may have to wait an extra 5 or 10 minutes, but there should be one nearby.

Last edited by justmestace; 01-30-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #34
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
How old are your kids? They have vans that will hold 6 or more, the price is a flat $20 each way.
I honestly can't remember if I used a seat belt or not. It's a straight shot down the main street, two lane divided road, but there's usually quite a bit of traffic, so they don't have the chance to go fast....35 at the most?

I would probably just hold my kids if they were little, but I grew up in the time when they didn't even have car seats for my brothers and I when we were little.

EDITED TO ADD: I just did some searching around, and some of the taxi's do have seatbelts, some don't. If you bring your own car seat, you can ask at the taxi stand for a car with seatbelts. You may have to wait an extra 5 or 10 minutes, but there should be one nearby.
When we were there there was no one at the taxi stand to ask for a certain kind of taxi, maybe when the first one came they would call in that you needed a different one. My kids were 9 and 5 I think at the time, we just piled in the back of the taxi, there were no seatbelts. It felt odd and my kids were totally thrown by it but it really want that big a deal. I would just forget about a car seat and hold them or sit them next to me, it is a pretty short trip and they dont drive that fast. If you're lucky there will be a seat belt. I was really floored at all the mopeds that went by with whole families on them. One with a mom with a baby strapped to bher back and one with Dad driving, mom on the back an a little 3ish looking kid seated between them!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:57 PM   #35
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneYE View Post
Nice! See you on the ship
What made you decide about Nachi Cocum and not Mr Sanchos?

Thanks for all who replied..btw
Now I'm debating between MrSanchos and Nachi Cocum..
That's a great debate to have I guess..

They cost the same and they seem to offer the same.. the 100 person limit max is quite appealing..

Which one if better for kids? (DD8)
I don't know about comparing them, but I do know that Nachi is VERY limited. I was looking at it for 2015, and it's already booked (unless they only open them so far in advance and they're not opened yet).
Old 01-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #36
ps17
DIS Veteran

We hit up Mr. Sanchos every time - here are things we like about it which Nachi may or may not have....

1) Daybed style beds/hammocks (if you purchase the all inclusive side)
2) Pool with swim up bar and stools around outside. (more than one pool)
3) Water toys and inflatables for the kids - extra but Nachi does not have.
4) Water sports next door/onsite which offers wave runners, bananna boat rides, parasailing, and quick snorkel trips out to the great reefs in the area.
5) Other options for things such as ATV or dune buggies.
6) All inclusive food is order off of menu. As much as you want, whenever you want.
7) Kayaks

Add to all this, great beach/water with palms in backdrop. Typical setup is loungers with tables/thatch roofs nearby so that you can eat in shade at tables or in your loungers.

We have taken friends there and no one who has gone has been sorry....
ps17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #37
ps17
DIS Veteran

We will add that Mr. Sanchos has never felt crowded or overrun either....
ps17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #38
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Mr. Sanchos looks like it has more included for the price. However Nachi Cocom looks gorgeous! Hard to decide between the two. And I am also considering Chakanaab Beach Adventure Park. Anybody ever been there? How does it compare? I know it isn't an all-inclusive, resort/club type place and more of a state park, but it has so many more things for kids to see! A corcodile show, sea lion show, botanical garden, archeological ruins tour, etc. Sure, no open bar, but I don't drink much. And they also have a restaurant on site, so we can still get lunch. And the cost to enter is only $21.

Beach
Chairs
Palapas
Hammocks
Restrooms
Showers
Chankanaab Reef
Chankanaab Lagoon
Inlet Swimming Area
Underwater Statues
Botanical Garden
Eco-Arqueological Tour
Mayan House
Archaeological Prehispanic Replicas
Crocodile Exhibition
Sea Lion Show

http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/chankanaab.cfm

Thoughts???

I've eaten at 148 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (60%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
I've eaten at 39 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:36 PM   #39
dljacob
Earning My Ears

Anyone done a 1/2 day at on of these places? We are doing the Atlantis Sub from 8:45-11am. My little one loves sea life and is a bit too young for snorkeling so we thought the Sub would be a good way for her to see undersea. But I would love to do a family beach afternoon especially because it sounds like the water is warmer in Cozumel than Castaway Cay. Thoughts?
dljacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #40
DisneYE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps17 View Post
We will add that Mr. Sanchos has never felt crowded or overrun either....
Thanks for all the input
Decided for MrSanchos...seems a bit more kid friendly and we're not against big crowds..
it can't be worse than the pool deck at DCL on a sea day, can it?
Old 01-30-2014, 05:56 PM   #41
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps17 View Post
We hit up Mr. Sanchos every time - here are things we like about it which Nachi may or may not have....

1) Daybed style beds/hammocks (if you purchase the all inclusive side)
2) Pool with swim up bar and stools around outside. (more than one pool)
3) Water toys and inflatables for the kids - extra but Nachi does not have.
4) Water sports next door/onsite which offers wave runners, bananna boat rides, parasailing, and quick snorkel trips out to the great reefs in the area.
5) Other options for things such as ATV or dune buggies.
6) All inclusive food is order off of menu. As much as you want, whenever you want.
7) Kayaks

Add to all this, great beach/water with palms in backdrop. Typical setup is loungers with tables/thatch roofs nearby so that you can eat in shade at tables or in your loungers.

We have taken friends there and no one who has gone has been sorry....

Actually, except for the rental of ATV's (which all the cruise ships and travel authorities warn people against doing in a lot of these ports) Nachi Cocom HAS all of the things listed above. Nachi also has the inflatables and toys for kids, but as with Mr. Sancho's, they do cost extra, but they're yours to keep.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #42
Idaholion
Earning My Ears

I have the 1/2 day problem as well. We are looking at going to Chankanaab Natíl Park to do the dolphin swim, hopefully first thing in the afternoon, then spend a while at that area before heading back to the boat. That means I haven't planned anything for the morning, and since our ship gets in early, thought I might do Mr. Sanchos for the morning, then head down to the park for the afternoon, then head back to the boat. Am I trying to pack too much in? !st cruise for us
Idaholion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #43
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dljacob View Post
Anyone done a 1/2 day at on of these places? We are doing the Atlantis Sub from 8:45-11am. My little one loves sea life and is a bit too young for snorkeling so we thought the Sub would be a good way for her to see undersea. But I would love to do a family beach afternoon especially because it sounds like the water is warmer in Cozumel than Castaway Cay. Thoughts?

I don't think you can do a half day at either....not sure about Mr. Sancho's....but there are other places where you can. The link below has a great list of all of the beaches, and what amenities & costs (if any) that they have.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches
Old 01-30-2014, 06:03 PM   #44
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholion View Post
I have the 1/2 day problem as well. We are looking at going to Chankanaab Natíl Park to do the dolphin swim, hopefully first thing in the afternoon, then spend a while at that area before heading back to the boat. That means I haven't planned anything for the morning, and since our ship gets in early, thought I might do Mr. Sanchos for the morning, then head down to the park for the afternoon, then head back to the boat. Am I trying to pack too much in? !st cruise for us
I've not been to Chankanaab, but from what I've read, I think you could make it an all-day thing there. It has always sounded to me as if there are a lot of things to do there.

IF you wanted to go to Mr. Sancho's or Nachi...or any of the others....it would be very possible to go to one of those in the morning, and then taxi to Chankanaab. I do know that at Nachi, you can leave any time you want to...and I imagine this is quite true for Mr. Sancho's too.
But you'd still pay full price.
Check the list in the link I posted above, hopefully you'll find a free beach to go to first.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #45
Idaholion
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. This is our first cruise, (Me, wife, 9 yr old son) and it came up absolutely last minute. I have 29 days to plan what I would usually do in 9 months. Sooo, I might be overreacting on the planning mode just a scosh, to make sure that we all have a magical time. I know some things are going to be already sold out, so I am trying to cover as many bases as possible. But like the old saying says, when all else goes crazy, just remember to breathe.
Idaholion is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: