Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #16
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

Is Nachi Cocom on your own or through DCL? We just booked the wonder for DEc. and I am researching Cozumel options. My DD6 and dd4 will be with us.
October 2013 One Day for Halloween Party
January 2014 3 Days on Disney Magic Cruise Ship

December 2014 5 days on Disney Wonder
Lisamarie4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #17
DisneYE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie4400 View Post
Is Nachi Cocom on your own or through DCL? We just booked the wonder for DEc. and I am researching Cozumel options. My DD6 and dd4 will be with us.
Both Nachi Cocum and MrSanchos are on your own, not thru DCL.
They both seem good, inexpensive options with all inclusive for an all day at the beach in Cozumel..
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #18
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Here are a few pictures I took at Nachi Cocom about a week and a half ago.
It just seems that the beach is larger than at Mr. Sancho's and cleaner.

This area is where you rent water equiptment and/or go out to snorkel:

This is just one very small section of the beach, taken from the water's edge:

Last edited by justmestace; 01-29-2014 at 12:00 PM.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #19
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Love the photos, thanks for sharing!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #20
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneYE View Post
WOW Thank You so much for the great answer... and to all those who responded too..too choice for sure, they both look awesome..
No problem! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Disney Fantasy - 7 night Western Caribbean Oct-Nov 2013
McDonald5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #21
DLW8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
Here are a few pictures I took at Nachi Cocum about a week and a half ago.
It just seems that the beach is larger than at Mr. Sancho's and cleaner.
Love the photos (especially as it is a chilly 13 degrees here today!). Does Nachi have jet skis and parasailing like Mr. Sancho's?

How far is this from port and do you remember (about) how much the taxi was?

Trying to figure out what to do for our Western excursions as well and have both of these (Nachi and Mr. Sanchos) on the potential list...

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #22
hoffman1
Mouseketeer

How far in advance do you have to book Nachi Cocum?
hoffman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #23
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLW8 View Post
Love the photos (especially as it is a chilly 13 degrees here today!). Does Nachi have jet skis and parasailing like Mr. Sancho's?

How far is this from port and do you remember (about) how much the taxi was?

Trying to figure out what to do for our Western excursions as well and have both of these (Nachi and Mr. Sanchos) on the potential list...
No jet skis. Nachi Cocom is quiet and relaxing whereas Mr. Sanchos has a lot of activities and more of a party.

My husband did do the snorkel tour while we were at Nachi though. It's about an hour, I think. A boat takes you out to where the snorkeling is. He said it was good and the visibility was great, but they didn't see anything too great. Lots of fish and some cool coral and stuff, but he said he probably wouldn't do it again. IDK what else they had. Parasailing might be one of the things.

Nachi and Mr Sanchos are right up the beach from each other (there's a bunch all along the same road once you are outside of town (maybe a 20 minute ride???). I think our taxi for 7 people was about $35-40. It's a set rate though. All of the taxis in Cozumel have the same set prices. There's a big list on a board before you get in and you are just given the first taxi in the big row. I much prefer that b/c I am not a good haggler.

Disney Fantasy - 7 night Western Caribbean Oct-Nov 2013
McDonald5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #24
justmestace

We booked Nachi Cocom about 6 months out....so I'm not sure how close you can get to sail date. It depends on how many other ships are in port that day. We were on NCL, and I know that most of the other people there were on Princess. There were four ships in port...another NCL and a Carnival.

If you find other people on your Meets thread, or people waiting for a taxi, you can share the ride and share the cost. Coming back to the ship, Nachi will call taxi's for you, sometimes a couple are waiting, but you can also ask others there if they want to share the ride.

Last edited by justmestace; 01-29-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #25
justmestace

From their website:

Nachi Cocom Beach Club also offers Parasailing, Sport fishing trips, Wave runners, Banana Boat Ride & massage. Private boat, Kayaks, Floats, and Snorkel Gear are also available for rent at the dive shop.

And they also have a water trampoline. So yes, they have all the same "fun" stuff as Mr. Sancho's.

They do have a sign (at least one that I saw) that asks for their beach, bar and restaurant to not "become a Spring Break-like atmosphere".....so, from the descriptions of Mr. Sancho's "party atmosphere"...I would say that this might be the biggest difference. Along with a longer beach.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #26
CherylA
DIS Veteran

Those photos are making me want to go back to Nachi. We really liked it there. I paid for a massage while I was there at less than half the cost of having one on the ship. It was no frills but I could hear the water! Also people should be prepared for taking a taxi to Nachi on their own. Make sure you know where to catch the taxi and the cost, also that if you have younger chilkdren there isn't any car seat or often a way to even put a car seat in if you had brought one. I'd say getting to and from Nachi was the part that stressed me out the most but with a little research and planning it wasn't that big of a deal.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #27
justmestace

Going to the "resorts" in Cozumel was a piece of cake compared to most other islands, and the cities here in the U.S. It's a straight shot right down the main road, which is a paved, two lane divided "highway" type road. I worried more about the tourists riding scooters (or whatever they're called) who had no business being on the road in the first place.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #28
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald5 View Post
No jet skis. Nachi Cocom is quiet and relaxing whereas Mr. Sanchos has a lot of activities and more of a party.

My husband did do the snorkel tour while we were at Nachi though. It's about an hour, I think. A boat takes you out to where the snorkeling is. He said it was good and the visibility was great, but they didn't see anything too great. Lots of fish and some cool coral and stuff, but he said he probably wouldn't do it again. IDK what else they had. Parasailing might be one of the things.

You can see the first of the jet skis in my second picture, to the left.

Snorkeling in Cozumel hasn't been great since the hurricane quite a few years ago destroyed the entire reef and the piers. But it IS coming back, and getting better every year. "Lots of fish and some cool coral" is about what you'd expect to see when snorkeling....unless you're hoping to run across a shark or stingray...which is rare. Someone wanting to see more than that has to dive to see more.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #29
justmestace

Here's a link to their website, and no, I don't work for them! I've just been to Cozumel so many times that, until we went to Nachi, I'd almost decided to not get off the ship any more. I can't stand crowded beaches....I enjoy a good meal and clean restrooms...pool is a plus....and this looked like a great place for kids. They were playing, swimming, making sand castles and the search for seashells is the best I've seen in years. There were tons of them.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/
Old 01-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #30
DLW8
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone, I will have to check out the site for nachi a little closer, but since they do have the wave runners ( DS and I loved them in st maarten), and it is maxed at 100 people, I am leaning that way...

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: