Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
mommy2cooper
Earning My Ears

Easter in Disney~ Help??

When we made our reservations, I didn't even think about Easter in April. I really only planned our vacation (april 19-23) because our schools spring break is this week. I found some wonderful things for bringing Easter with us, but I don't know which route to take. I've seen Disney Florist, I've seen personal shoppers, and I've seen Disney sells baskets for 7.00 and they'll help you place it in the basket and even deliver to your room. What is your suggestions? What should I do?? I really want my kiddo to have the best Easter possible. He's already having to miss out on a traditional egg hunt, but I think that he will have a better time in Disney even still. Hope that makes sense and isn't too confusing!
mommy2cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
NMK62303
Mouseketeer

Where are you staying? We have loved the candy scrambles at our resorts on Easter Sunday! Last year our kids did an Easter Egg Hunt at the UK pavilion in Epcot.

NMK62303 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
J&J
DIS Veteran

Disney

Check on line or your hotel they will let you know,where and when Easter events will be for the kids.
You could send a Easter basket to your self at the hotel or if you are renting a car get one when you are there. Of course a Disney Easter basket would be a lot of fun.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
BigBlueWho
Mouseketeer

Are you flying or driving? last year we hid the baskets in the car, and brought them out after DD's fell asleep. You could always ship to the hotel/ resort prior to.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
vicb
DIS Veteran

one year when my kids were young and still expected easter baskets we flew to Marco Island. I had bought super cute gift bags, easter grass and basket treats that related to our beach vacation. All easy to pack in a suite case. Then I assembled them in the bathroom late at night after the kids were asleep.

You could bring the basics then buy some extras in the gift shop first day to add to your "baskets".

vicb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
mommy2cooper
Earning My Ears

thank you for the responses. We are staying at the all star sports resort! We will be driving in as well. How do I check to see what they have at the resorts? This is our first ever trip so I'm very unsure of a lot.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #7
cajmom
Addicted to Disney

We were at Disney last year for Easter. We brought their baskets with them. They were filled with Disney movies, the autograph book, the trading pins and necklace, Disney gift cards, and quarters and pennies for the penny machine. We didn't do ant Easter activities at the resort as we spent the day at the park. I believe that the Easter Bunny shows up at MK but I could be wrong. We were at HS on Easter. Could you hide the badket on the property somewhere (having husband keep an eye on it) and do a scavenger hunt for it? I always hide my son's basket each year and he has clues on where to find it. Maybe you could do your own egg hunt on the lawn and have coupons in each egg ( one free dessert, one free ears hat, one tee shirt, etc). How old is your son?
Old 01-26-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
vicb
DIS Veteran

Here is a link to some info for last year but maybe it will help....

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/easter.htm
vicb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #9
Disneychick75
DIS Veteran

OP, I was wondering the same. There was a post on the Community board about a personal shopper experience that was terrible. A few years ago we were at Disney World for Easter and I used Disney Florist. I think I might do that again because they're reliable. Of course, I have to see what candy is available because the 12 yo traveling with us doesn't eat chocolate. I might order him a cookie bouquet.
Disneychick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #10
dpswift
DIS Veteran

I like the idea of putting together gift bags in the room. Remember your son maybe missing the traditional Easter but he is at Disney.

I would bring candy that he likes from home. We were at Universal one Easter and i assumed that they would have Easter stuff like Disney. My son was only disappointed because of the small selection of candy that I had brought. He would have been fine if I had a few more items.
dpswift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #11
mommy2cooper
Earning My Ears

I think you guys are right....I may buy a few things from the gift shop, but I think I'll bring the majority of it. The stuff I seen online seems so pricey!!
Old 01-31-2014, 04:33 PM   #12
TJA
DIS Veteran

Right inside or directly outside of the gift shop they usually have a table set up where you can have a basket put together. I usually bring some items from home and then also buy a few new things -- give everything to the CM's and they organize in a basket and wrap it tight. Then the key is to find a place to hide the baskets.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #13
Darth Pluto
Earning My Ears

Last year we were going down for spring break over Easter. It was my DW, DS and I along with my parents, my sister and her three kids. We stayed at POR and my DW did research on ways to have the Easter Bunny visit us while we were there. The nine of us were traveling down in two cars so space was at a premium so the added cost versus doing it ourselves was worth it.

We used the Disney Florist and they were really helpful, DW was able to switch out items in the basket that we didn't want (autograph book) and add things (awesome stuffed Pluto) and you could even request free picture signed by the Disney pals. When we checked in we asked about having them delivered to the room, they said the baskets would be delivered that evening while we were at dinner. We when got to our room, to our surprise the Easter Bunny had already been there, it was an great surprise for DS. However the Easter Bunny had not visited my niece and nephews yet and boy did that not go over well. Their basket was there when we got back from dinner, but it didn't start the trip off with the smiling faces we were hoping for.

So to sum it up, Disney Florist was great, but if your are traveling with multiple families make sure when you check in that you let them know so that they can get them all delivered before you get to your room or you may run into some sad faces.
Darth Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #14
DisneyAnytime
Mouseketeer

We were there over Easter/Spring Break when DD was 6. I packed everything from home that I found at our local Disney store, Walmart, etc. Once DD was asleep the night before, I put it all together (while hiding in the bathroom just in case )and the next morning, before she woke up, slipped it outside our door. Worked beautifully!

Also, we were at CBR and the Easter Bunny was onsite for the candy scramble and other Easter events. We didn't think to check out Easter events before arrival but there was info available at the resort once we were there. You can probably find the information beforehand as well by keeping an eye on these boards and similar sites.

ENJOY!!!

DD (12) Anna Drew (14)

DisneyAnytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #15
Minnie0621
Mouseketeer

We did Easter with our 3 kids at Disney. Brought baskets and basket fillers down with us...Remember, don't keep your candy in the car....it will melt...We asked the front desk and they held them for us .......and Easter Eve, (we were at POR) the cm's were driving around in a little mini truck thing with all of these baskets...it was cool to see..... The kids woke up and were "STUNNED"! They were at the age of .....I'm not so sure if the Easter Bunny is real or not.....You should've seen their faces....it was like "How in the world did these get here" I Loved It! We also did our own Easter Egg Hunt in the yard right outside of our door at POR... We had prepared the eggs before we left (or buy the prefilled ones...they even have Disney prefilled eggs)

Have fun! It will be an Easter to remember!
Worldquest-April 2011-Offsite
Worldquest-April 2012-Offsite
Worldquest-April 2013-Offsite
COMING SOON..YC/CL April 4-12, 2014!!!!!!!

DH, DW(me) :, DS 15 , DS12 , DD9
Minnie0621 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: